Windows 10: Saving a PDF file opened in Edge

Discus and support Saving a PDF file opened in Edge in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Until recently, a file opened in Edge could be saved by "right clicking", selecting "Save" and then saving to the target directory on Surface. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LarryAylward, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Saving a PDF file opened in Edge

Until recently, a file opened in Edge could be saved by "right clicking", selecting "Save" and then saving to the target directory on Surface.

Now the "Save" functionality is greyed out i.e. saving is not possible so you have to print to PDF which takes longer.

Any idea on how to resolve this? Thanks.

:)

LarryAylward, Sep 2, 2020

2. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Edge will not open PDF files

1st before answering please note these things have already been checked

• Edge has all its program defaults, already checked and verified
    • Edge is the default PDF handler, already verified
    • Edge cleared reset
    • reset IE11
    • Made sure IE11 has all it's defaults except is not the default browser, edge is
    Here is what happens, click a PDF, edge opens with a blank window

then IE 11 pops up asking of I want to save or open the file

Mind you the file is already on the hard drive

If you click save, of course it saves it, if you click OPEN, edge comes back, opens another blank tab and then IE 11 comes back asking to save the file.

If I right click the pdf file and choose open with, and pick IE11, it also asks to save but will not display the pdf doc

Any pdf doc

There are no error messages at all

The PC only has windows 10 installed, no adobe, no 3rd party apps etc

This happened apparently after the latest updates, no none MS induced changes have been done to the PC

Now, how does one fix this?

SherriannShelly, Sep 2, 2020
  4. GaryBue Win User

Saving a PDF file opened in Edge

How to save a displayed pdf file in Microsoft Edge?

I still cannot save the document as a pdf file. Even though I select save as and have .pdf as the file type, it is a link and opens in Edge and not in a pdf reader where I want to mark it up. Does anyone have any suggestions?

GaryBue, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Saving a PDF file opened in Edge

1. Saving a PDF file opened in Edge - Similar Threads - Saving PDF file

2. how to prevent Edge to open Pdf files??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to prevent Edge to open Pdf files??: everytime i change the default Pdf viewer after couple of restart edge became again the main pdf viewer, how can i stop that ??thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-edge-to-open-pdf-files/305cdbe3-8e9b-4c88-9d49-48a90904b2eb
  3. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge: Something has recently changed with Edge and PDF files. The PDF file can be opened with no issues but as soon as you make changes to it, a star appears on the file name and it can't be saved anymore. The save & save as options on the top are greyed out. There's no way to...
  4. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge: Something has recently changed with Edge and PDF files. The PDF file can be opened with no issues but as soon as you make changes to it, a star appears on the file name and it can't be saved anymore. The save & save as options on the top are greyed out. There's no way to...
  5. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Microsoft Edge keeps opening PDF files

Microsoft Edge keeps opening PDF files: Good day Supporti have problem with Edge keeps on hijacking my PDF, i have tried changing default app to adobe acrobat , but after a reboot edge becomes the default app. Please help ?Edge is up to date. Microsoft EdgeVersion 92.0.902.73 Official build 64-bitAcrobat reader is...
  7. PDF & files saving & "save as"

PDF & files saving & "save as": Why does windows 10 suggest random files folders for saving items? Waste of our time. It should recall the last file folder we saved into and suggest that one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-files-saving-save-as/fcca6d13-f333-4e07-8bc9-30b27731d192
  8. Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge)

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge): My Windows 7 desktop came with Nuance pdf Reader installed. My Windows 10 default is Edge, but I don't like it and I use Internet Explorer 11 for a browser. Can you suggest a pdf Reader? Thanks, cb 119456
  9. open pdf files using Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    open pdf files using Edge: I cannot open a PDF online. I am using Win 10 and Adobe Acrobat 9. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/open-pdf-files-using-edge/c94f483d-1aba-4fca-acad-949ae4d5e628
  10. microsoft edge keep opening PDF files

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge keep opening PDF files: Yes I have done that without joy still Microsoft Edge keeps hijacking my .pdf files. [img]