Windows 10: Saving a printscreen

Discus and support Saving a printscreen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi GuysI can take a normal P/S shot, but when I boot up and see the lovely pics of scenery, I was advised to use windows key + P/S key. Then told to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frenchman96, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Saving a printscreen

Hi GuysI can take a normal P/S shot, but when I boot up and see the lovely pics of scenery, I was advised to use windows key + P/S key. Then told to do start/pictures/screenshots, but nothing there ?

:)

frenchman96, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Anton Win User

Greenshot: The hotkey(s) "PrintScreen, Alt + PrintScreen, Ctrl + PrintScreen, ..." could not be registered

Adding on top of @userJT's solution -

Initially, Greenshot complained about "PrintScreen" and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" for me. It appears that "PrintScreen" was taken by OneDrive and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" - by DropBox. After you disable both, problem goes away.

Full list of steps -

1. See the error message like in the question. Panic, google, get to this page Saving a printscreen :)
    2. Note the first key that Greenshot complains about.
      • In most of the cases it will be "PrintScreen", so let's take it as an example.
    3. Press "PrintScreen" on your keyboard.
    4. OneDrive will pop up, prompting to save screenshots to OneDrive. Choose "No, Thanks" there.
    5. Click "Retry" in Greenshot's dialog, note the keys that are still taken.
    6. Repeat steps above for keys that Greenshot cannot register until it succeeds.
      • In my case it was "Ctrl + PrintScreen" that was taken by DropBox.
    7. Enjoy shortcuts in Greenshot Saving a printscreen :)

HTH.

Anton, Mar 29, 2020
  3. emil_tr Win User
    Printscreen/ screenshot?

is printscreen or screenshot possible like on iphone pressing home+power button together? I could manage to find a way.

emil_tr, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Saving a printscreen

PrintScreen

I want to use printscreen to save map to screenshots in OneDrive, but key quit working.

LindaSuzanneHansen, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Saving a printscreen

1. Saving a printscreen - Similar Threads - Saving printscreen

2. RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with the previous user's credentials.- Make an admin.rdp file with the administrator login and tell it to save the password.- Make another normal.rdp file with the normal login and tell it to save...
  3. RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with the previous user's credentials.- Make an admin.rdp file with the administrator login and tell it to save the password.- Make another normal.rdp file with the normal login and tell it to save...
  4. I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...: I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save anything in a program and then progressed rapidly to destroying windows and ended up with my bios being destroyed all in the space of ten minutes. I tried doing a rollback to an earlier...
  5. I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...: I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save anything in a program and then progressed rapidly to destroying windows and ended up with my bios being destroyed all in the space of ten minutes. I tried doing a rollback to an earlier...
  6. Windows button + Printscreen Win+PrtScn does not save files with date and time anymore

Windows button + Printscreen Win+PrtScn does not save files with date and time anymore: Hi,I have problems that my printscreens does not save the files with date and time anymore. Instead Screenshot N is applied.Appearantly this was working before, see attached picture....
  7. Windows button + Printscreen Win+PrtScn does not save files with date and time anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows button + Printscreen Win+PrtScn does not save files with date and time anymore: Hi,I have problems that my printscreens does not save the files with date and time anymore. Instead Screenshot N is applied.Appearantly this was working before, see attached picture....
  8. How do I save printscreen screenshots as PNG file instead of the current JPG in game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I save printscreen screenshots as PNG file instead of the current JPG in game?: How do I save printscreen screenshots as PNG file instead of the current JPG in game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-printscreen-screenshots-as-png-file/1a0a3f19-7108-4895-8e92-f5aea15e5884
  9. How do I save printscreen screenshots as PNG file instead of the current JPG in game?

How do I save printscreen screenshots as PNG file instead of the current JPG in game?: How do I save printscreen screenshots as PNG file instead of the current JPG in game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-printscreen-screenshots-as-png-file/1a0a3f19-7108-4895-8e92-f5aea15e5884
  10. Win+PrintScreen is not not working -- photos aren't getting saved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win+PrintScreen is not not working -- photos aren't getting saved: When I press Win+PrintScreen, screenshots aren't getting saved anywhere. I tried other combinations as well, like, Function+PrintScreen, win+function+PrintScreen etc but nothing is working. submitted by /u/t24x-94 [link] [comments]...