Windows 10: saving a repaired obj file in 3D builder

Discus and support saving a repaired obj file in 3D builder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open an obj file in 3D builder it (always) gives me a warning message that the object is falsely defined. After running the automatic repair,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LorenzRA, Sep 4, 2018.

1. LorenzRA Win User

saving a repaired obj file in 3D builder

When I open an obj file in 3D builder it (always) gives me a warning message that the object is falsely defined. After running the automatic repair, the object appears to be fine. When I then save it and re-open the obj file, it is again displayed as being falsely defined and needs to be repaired. How can I save a repaired file and keep it repaired?

:)

LorenzRA, Sep 4, 2018

2. 3D Builder Export to obj with colors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if OBJ file is exported correctly or the file is corrupt.

3D Builder can view, capture, personalize, and print 3D models using 3D Builder. Download many kinds of 3D files and edit them using the 3D modeling space. Take a picture with your webcam and make it 3D. Personalize 3D files by embossing your name, or combine
    models and pieces to make something new.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• Have you created another 3D format files through 3D Builder app and checked in another 3D modelling program?
    • When you say that "but the OBJ generated does not seem to contain texture/color information", by which app or applications have you tried to open the OBJ 3D file?

I suggest you export the 3D file to another file other than OBJ file. Check if the texture and picture is visible or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    3D Builder file saving

Hello,

According to our user’s guide page found
    here
    , 3D Builder currently supports the following file formats:

• 3MF
    • OBJ
    • PLY
    • STL

You can check this related discussion thread
    here
    about saving files to different formats in 3D Builder.

We hope the information we provided helps.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Zooman009 Win User

Is it possible to save files as anything other than .3mf files such as .obj or .stl with 3d builder

Original title: file types

so I was wondering if was possible to save files as anything other than .3mf files such as .obj or .stl with 3d builder cause I need .obj and .stl files for something.

Zooman009, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. saving a repaired obj file in 3D builder - Similar Threads - saving repaired obj

2. 3d builder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3d builder: how do i use web cam to import item and how do i cut off unusable area of item https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/03d7c266-6837-4186-ac60-576e54df1985
  3. 3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.: When i import a .3mf or .obj into PowerPoint it does not import the textures, meaning the work i have done to add some realism to my builds is not transferred. I have added 3 images - 1. the 3D Builder .3mf file open in 3D Builder 2. The file preview as i am importing into...
  4. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3d Builder: Hi I try to get 3d builder but the windows store says , I need a new app to open this store How do I get round this Regards Don https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/fb0f19f7-b9c5-491d-b7e9-843643726f00
  5. Can't open auto saves in 3D builder.

Can't open auto saves in 3D builder.: I click to open them, but this happens. I really need to be able to open this as I am printing the specifically sliced parts and can't start over. The app closed on me randomly. [ATTACH]...
  6. 3D Builder

3D Builder: Good day guys i have installed Microsoft 3D bulder when i try to open application with 3D Builder is say windows cannot access the specified device path or you may not have appropriate permission to access the item please Help...
  7. Exporting OBJ files using 3D Builder

Exporting OBJ files using 3D Builder: Is there a way to simplify the OBJ export feature in 3D Builder for Windows 10? At present I’m importing GLB repair and export. When exporting as OBJ I have many file save prompts - first OBJ, then MTL, then literally 100s of PNG baked texture files. Is there any way around...
  8. 3D builder

3D builder: How i can change manuely thickness of an objet without affect width and height? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/6af42020-38cd-4dca-aa64-da080ba69625
  9. 3D Builder .dae files

3D Builder .dae files: Is there anyway possible to allow 3D Builder to support .dae files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder-dae-files/c6ef4b59-35e0-4619-bb3a-b304c8c65cfb
  10. 3D Builder

in Windows 10 Customization
    3D Builder: Why has the aspect ratio lock feature been removed from the scale tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/3d-builder/15472d6a-46e9-423d-ac1f-590dfe0d2197

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3d builder save as obj