Windows 10: saving a repaired obj file in 3D builder

Discus and support saving a repaired obj file in 3D builder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open an obj file in 3D builder it (always) gives me a warning message that the object is falsely defined. After running the automatic repair,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LorenzRA, Sep 4, 2018.

1. LorenzRA Win User

saving a repaired obj file in 3D builder

When I open an obj file in 3D builder it (always) gives me a warning message that the object is falsely defined. After running the automatic repair, the object appears to be fine. When I then save it and re-open the obj file, it is again displayed as being falsely defined and needs to be repaired. How can I save a repaired file and keep it repaired?

:)

LorenzRA, Sep 4, 2018

2. 3D Builder Export to obj with colors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if OBJ file is exported correctly or the file is corrupt.

3D Builder can view, capture, personalize, and print 3D models using 3D Builder. Download many kinds of 3D files and edit them using the 3D modeling space. Take a picture with your webcam and make it 3D. Personalize 3D files by embossing your name, or combine
    models and pieces to make something new.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• Have you created another 3D format files through 3D Builder app and checked in another 3D modelling program?
    • When you say that "but the OBJ generated does not seem to contain texture/color information", by which app or applications have you tried to open the OBJ 3D file?

I suggest you export the 3D file to another file other than OBJ file. Check if the texture and picture is visible or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    3D Builder file saving

Hello,

According to our user’s guide page found
    here
    , 3D Builder currently supports the following file formats:

• 3MF
    • OBJ
    • PLY
    • STL

You can check this related discussion thread
    here
    about saving files to different formats in 3D Builder.

We hope the information we provided helps.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Zooman009 Win User

Is it possible to save files as anything other than .3mf files such as .obj or .stl with 3d builder

Original title: file types

so I was wondering if was possible to save files as anything other than .3mf files such as .obj or .stl with 3d builder cause I need .obj and .stl files for something.

Zooman009, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. saving a repaired obj file in 3D builder - Similar Threads - saving repaired obj

2. Trouble with saving in Microsoft 3D Builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with saving in Microsoft 3D Builder: I am trying to put a 3d model together that I purchased from etsy, there are about 15 files with different parts, but I inserted all the files in at once to create the full model, so I can save it as a full model to save time and have it 3d printed in one go. But when I save...
  3. 3d builder freezing when repairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3d builder freezing when repairing: so im using 3d builder i imported a obj file it needs repair i hit repair and it loads a little then freezes i have been using this to design new 3d prints for a few weeks now works great but i have had to toss files cause i cant repair some of them. i have tried restating pc...
  4. 3d builder freezing when repairing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3d builder freezing when repairing: so im using 3d builder i imported a obj file it needs repair i hit repair and it loads a little then freezes i have been using this to design new 3d prints for a few weeks now works great but i have had to toss files cause i cant repair some of them. i have tried restating pc...
  5. why can't i create an OBJ file with color 3D builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i create an OBJ file with color 3D builder: every time i create a OBJ file with 3D builder, it stays black and white, please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-create-an-obj-file-with-color-3d/f936d3eb-a424-475f-aadf-a878a8dd9c20
  6. why can't i create an OBJ file with color 3D builder

why can't i create an OBJ file with color 3D builder: every time i create a OBJ file with 3D builder, it stays black and white, please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-create-an-obj-file-with-color-3d/f936d3eb-a424-475f-aadf-a878a8dd9c20
  7. 3D builder not exporter 3MF to OBJ in color

3D builder not exporter 3MF to OBJ in color: I have a model that I generated in Houdini that stores color as a point attribute. I export from Houdini as a GLTF and then import to 3D builder and export as a 3MF for 3D printing. I want to make a render in Maya but anytime I export as an OBJ there are no texture files...
  8. 3D Builder saving as .obj file with blank .mtl file - Textures/colors not saved?

3D Builder saving as .obj file with blank .mtl file - Textures/colors not saved?: I'm trying to make simple 3D objects with 3D builder. I have no trouble saving as .3mf but I need to save as .obj. When I do that, the .mtl material file that goes with it is blank, so the textures and colors I put on it are not saved. Is there a solution to this? How do I...
  9. 3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.: When i import a .3mf or .obj into PowerPoint it does not import the textures, meaning the work i have done to add some realism to my builds is not transferred. I have added 3 images - 1. the 3D Builder .3mf file open in 3D Builder 2. The file preview as i am importing into...
  10. Exporting OBJ files using 3D Builder

Exporting OBJ files using 3D Builder: Is there a way to simplify the OBJ export feature in 3D Builder for Windows 10? At present I’m importing GLB repair and export. When exporting as OBJ I have many file save prompts - first OBJ, then MTL, then literally 100s of PNG baked texture files. Is there any way around...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3d builder save as obj