Windows 10: Saving all icon settings as a template for further installs.

Discus and support Saving all icon settings as a template for further installs. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I have quite a library of icons I like to use in replacement of those offered through the Win10 OS. I use them in File Explorer, On the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kkorotev, Apr 11, 2016.

1. kkorotev Win User

Saving all icon settings as a template for further installs.

Hello!
    I have quite a library of icons I like to use in replacement of those offered through the Win10 OS. I use them in File Explorer, On the desktop, on the start page, etc. As you can imagine, I have to start over (re-assign) every time a new Win10 edition is updated.

Is there a way to save this recipe of icons and all their associations with files/folders/.exe ? Bypass default windows settings at each new install and use my "recipe"?

Hope that makes sense.

Kevin

:)

kkorotev, Apr 11, 2016

2. Help for a rookie 3120 Classic user please

You can't do that but you can compromise by creating and saving message template with your name at the end and creating all your messages from that template but I don't think you can set a shortcut to the template itself for your standby screen so getting
    to the the point where you actually start typing in your messages will now be a few extra clicks

no1_slumko, Apr 11, 2016
  3. jpgoulet Win User
    Creating Template on N95 with Nokia PC Suite

How can we create a SMS template for a N95 with the Nokia PC suite software, then saving it in the Template folder in the phone.

Best regards to all

JP

jpgoulet, Apr 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I know of utilities that allow editing these and many other parameters of fie types, and even saving the settings (as text).

And I use one utility that applies some 77 Win 7 icons to imageres.dll.

But I don't know of one that batch changes icons where a mix of different types of actions is required.

dalchina, Apr 11, 2016
  5. kkorotev Win User
    Dalchina,
    Do you have the names of any of those programs handy? Maybe looking into them will give me an idea.
    Kevin

kkorotev, Apr 12, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Icon changer - by Anolis - batch edits imageres.dll

Filetypesman - manual editor for file types- including icons

Resource Hacker - you'll be familiar with

Then you need sthg for folders - there are several around for applying folder icon changes
    (For example, my start menu category folders are iconised, and match the corresponding folders where I install the programs)
    (I use Classic Shell as my start menu)

In principle you'd need to put a sequence of commands for these into a bat file or ahk script, for example, accessing an icon resource.

Otherwise you use a program like Stardock's Object Desktop, I suppose - I don't know to what level that allows you to apply icons.

dalchina, Apr 12, 2016
  7. kkorotev Win User
    Thanks very much, dalchina. I'll keep you updated if you wish.

kkorotev, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Saving all icon settings as a template for further installs. - Similar Threads - Saving icon settings

2. Save button in customize icon settings doesnt save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save button in customize icon settings doesnt save: I am trying to customize my download folder icon. Every time I press Save after picking out one of the windows icons listed, it does not save. Instead, the settings revert immediately back to the boring manilla folder icon. I am on x64-bit Windows 10....
  3. Save button in customize icon settings doesnt save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save button in customize icon settings doesnt save: I am trying to customize my download folder icon. Every time I press Save after picking out one of the windows icons listed, it does not save. Instead, the settings revert immediately back to the boring manilla folder icon. I am on x64-bit Windows 10....
  4. Save button in customize icon settings doesnt save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot open setting + further problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open setting + further problems: Hi,I cannot open setting in my computer for some reason as it is shown in the picture.Then, I pressed refresh but it displays an error message error code 0xc000012f for some reason.How do I fix these problems? Please help meThank you very much...
  6. Device requires further installation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device requires further installation.: I have a Logitec C310 that worked fine in my old pc but shows a black screen for photo/video, but the mic still works. In device manager, under information, it says Device USB\VID_046D&PID_081B&MI_00\6&63bd8c8&2&0000 requires further installation. and I assume that is causing...
  7. Device requires further installation

in Windows 10 News
    Device requires further installation: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In case you encounter the error Device requires further installation while trying to connect an external device to your system, then this article may be helpful for you. Usually, external devices like USB sticks, headphones, speakers, etc. auto-install...
  8. modified settings folder templates forgotten

in Windows 10 Support
    modified settings folder templates forgotten: I modify my folder templates to my liking. During a certain period (for instance some weeks) this modification is remembered. But suddenly only the default templates are active again. Any suggestion why this happens? W10 pro; v1803 124074
  9. Install new SSD for EUFI and still save all programs & settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install new SSD for EUFI and still save all programs & settings?: I've been getting the Windows alert, "UEFI: The disk layout for UEFI firmware isn't supported" for a while now and I think I'm ready to take care of that problem. I have purchased a new 500GB SSD and will use that to replace my current C: drive (also a 500GB SSD). However, it...
  10. Settings not saving for all programs installed on D:

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings not saving for all programs installed on D:: So recently my Windows 10 install crashed so I had to do a clean install on my SSD. (C: Drive) Normally I install my programs on the HDD (D: Drive). I cleaned out all the old programs along with the reinstall of Windows 10 so both drives are now clean, but now any program...