Windows 10: Saving as PDF causes Leftmost Letter Loss

Discus and support Saving as PDF causes Leftmost Letter Loss in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hopefully I have an attachment. I save recipes and articles from the Internet. In the past, all i had to do was click the "Print" button on the Web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by milford, Feb 9, 2019.

1. milford Win User

Saving as PDF causes Leftmost Letter Loss

Hopefully I have an attachment.

I save recipes and articles from the Internet. In the past, all i had to do was click the "Print" button on the Web page and then "Save as PDF" on the Print Screen.

Now if it gets to the Print Screen, the left side of the PDF file is missing letters. I used to get everything with no problem. But now, in the past two weeks I'm missing the left side.

I have tried shrinking the page size from the Web site, shrinking the actual PDF file before printing, changing the Margin size, from None To Custom, with no change. Even going from Portrait to Landscape does not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

P.S. First attachment I have tried. Is it working right?

Windows 10, Chrome, and HP Envy 4502 printer. All software has been updated.

:)

milford, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Feb 9, 2019
  3. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Saving as PDF causes Leftmost Letter Loss

microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Saving as PDF causes Leftmost Letter Loss

1. Saving as PDF causes Leftmost Letter Loss - Similar Threads - Saving PDF causes

2. Printing/not saving PDF documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing/not saving PDF documents: I don't know what changed on my computer, but I can no longer just print PDF documents. It makes me save them first. I can't figure out how to correct this. Help!...
  3. Saving a word document as PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving a word document as PDF: Hi, I have created a document in word, but would like to save it in PDF. When I click "save as", there is PDF option in the drop down. I have tried downloading a converter from Google, but it changes my settings when converting. Any suggestions on how to get it into my drop...
  4. Loss of data upon saving file or downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of data upon saving file or downloading: Hi, I'm experiencing a very obscure issue that I have never seen before. Whenever I save a file, I've noticed that some text is either removed or duplicated. If I download a file from my server, the file will be missing data as well. I have tried other FTP clients and I get...
  5. Saving to PDF function on Windows 10

Saving to PDF function on Windows 10: I need to save over 400 separate files using the save to pdf function in Windows 10. When I do this there is no automatic or suggested filename, the save as box is blank and I need to type in a name manually. Is there any way windows will give it the default name of the...
  6. Saving to PDF function on Windows 10

Saving to PDF function on Windows 10: I need to save over 400 separate files using the save to pdf function in Windows 10. When I do this there is no automatic or suggested filename, the save as box is blank and I need to type in a name manually. Is there any way windows will give it the default name of the...
  7. Problems saving to .pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems saving to .pdf: When I try to save to .pdf from any Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Publisher), the last two digits are truncated and when sent to out clients, they are unable to open them. Is anyone else experiencing something similar or know of any fixes? Thank you....
  8. Printer Issues and Saving to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Issues and Saving to PDF: Hello, I can't seem to add any printers, even ones I've recently been printing from successfully, as well being unable to Save as PDF from Excel. I'm able to save as a PDF from Word without any issues as well as from Google Chrome browser. I can't print rom any source....
  9. Print To pdf, prompt for save location + do not open in adobe pdf after saving

Print To pdf, prompt for save location + do not open in adobe pdf after saving: When printing to PDF, "microsoft print to pdf" i get prompt every time to choose a location + a filename. Also the file does not open in pdf after... My computer used to both save automatically and open in Adobe pdf after.. But now, none of the things happens... Im running...
  10. Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents: I am experiencing problems with Win 10 TP to save any office document to a PDF format and also to print them to PDF document using virtual printers like Nitro PDF and PDF Creator. Any solutions to this issue? 3523