Windows 10: Saving as PDF causes Leftmost Letter Loss

Discus and support Saving as PDF causes Leftmost Letter Loss in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hopefully I have an attachment. I save recipes and articles from the Internet. In the past, all i had to do was click the "Print" button on the Web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by milford, Feb 9, 2019.

1. milford Win User

Saving as PDF causes Leftmost Letter Loss

Hopefully I have an attachment.

I save recipes and articles from the Internet. In the past, all i had to do was click the "Print" button on the Web page and then "Save as PDF" on the Print Screen.

Now if it gets to the Print Screen, the left side of the PDF file is missing letters. I used to get everything with no problem. But now, in the past two weeks I'm missing the left side.

I have tried shrinking the page size from the Web site, shrinking the actual PDF file before printing, changing the Margin size, from None To Custom, with no change. Even going from Portrait to Landscape does not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

P.S. First attachment I have tried. Is it working right?

Windows 10, Chrome, and HP Envy 4502 printer. All software has been updated.

:)

milford, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Feb 9, 2019
  3. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Saving as PDF causes Leftmost Letter Loss

microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Saving as PDF causes Leftmost Letter Loss

1. Saving as PDF causes Leftmost Letter Loss - Similar Threads - Saving PDF causes

2. Saving to pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving to pdf: Just recently when saving a document as a pdf from the web it is being saved a a type 2023 file. How can I stop this from happening? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-to-pdf/012d57de-07f8-4aff-8736-1804e73d88c5
  3. Saving to pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving to pdf: Just recently when saving a document as a pdf from the web it is being saved a a type 2023 file. How can I stop this from happening? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-to-pdf/012d57de-07f8-4aff-8736-1804e73d88c5
  4. Save to .pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save to .pdf: Windows print to PDF is creating an MS Dos Application instead of a PDF....Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-pdf/da5f501b-940a-4ad1-a3fa-be4b9995d88e
  5. Save to .pdf

Save to .pdf: Windows print to PDF is creating an MS Dos Application instead of a PDF....Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-pdf/da5f501b-940a-4ad1-a3fa-be4b9995d88e
  6. Saving a PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF: All of a sudden I am unable to save a pdf to my hard drive. I click on Save As and a blank window opens, but that's it. Nothing happens. I went ahead and re-downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader, but that hasn't helped. I suspect the problem has something to do with Microsoft...
  7. Saving a PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving a PDF: All of a sudden I am unable to save a pdf to my hard drive. I click on Save As and a blank window opens, but that's it. Nothing happens. I went ahead and re-downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader, but that hasn't helped. I suspect the problem has something to do with Microsoft...
  8. Saving a PDF

9. Saving As A .pdf ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving As A .pdf ?: Hello, I open up a web link that is a multi page document (an instruction manual). I then want to save it as a .pdf. Can't figure out how to. I assume I use Adobe Acrobat to do so, but am not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob 179792
  10. Saving a PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF: Until today I had no problem making a PDF file of visual artwork, downloading it, opening it, then saving this PDF in a folder to then upload later. Today I created a new piece of art, downloaded it, then tried to save it. The SAVE button is grayed out for the first time....