Windows 10: Saving attachment groups files by dates

Discus and support Saving attachment groups files by dates in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Thunderbird 68.12.1 (32-bit) & use Sandboxie. If I want to save an attachment, I save it to a Downloads folder. Lately, SaveAs dialog box shows... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by phrab, Dec 18, 2020.

1. phrab Win User

Saving attachment groups files by dates

I have Thunderbird 68.12.1 (32-bit) & use Sandboxie. If I want to save an attachment, I save it to a Downloads folder. Lately, SaveAs dialog box shows the folder in date groups.

e.g.
    Saving attachment groups files by dates [​IMG]

I do sort the Downloads folder by date, but I don't have any grouping set up that I'm aware of & this didn't use to happen. How can I just get the SaveAs dialog box to just show the Downloads folder without date grouping?

Thanks in advance.

:)

phrab, Dec 18, 2020

2. Grouping pictures by month or actual date in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for sorting the pictures in date wise and check if it helps.

• Go to “file explorer” and open it.
    • Right click on the picture screen.
    • Click on “group by” option and go to more options.
    • Check the box “Date” and click on “Ok”
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Saving attachment groups files by dates

Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Saving attachment groups files by dates

1. Saving attachment groups files by dates - Similar Threads - Saving attachment groups

2. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    searching file by date it was saved or type: I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically...
  3. file accessed date time group question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file accessed date time group question: how could I explain a file accessed date time group being later than the actual open date time group, does sleeping tabs or a thin client unlock reset file date accessed times?back ground; I am looking into an issue of printing and turning in a word doc and then looking at...
  4. file accessed date time group question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file accessed date time group question: how could I explain a file accessed date time group being later than the actual open date time group, does sleeping tabs or a thin client unlock reset file date accessed times?back ground; I am looking into an issue of printing and turning in a word doc and then looking at...
  5. file accessed date time group question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. group by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the group by date setting ,no longer groups them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  7. group by date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the group by date setting ,no longer groups them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  8. Saving files dated in the future

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving files dated in the future: My PC is saving files with a date 3 days in the future. My system clock is correct.... why would this be happening? :S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-files-dated-in-the-future/062208cb-ef98-4b1c-a574-0e4315e1f33f
  9. when i save a file it saves the wrong date

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i save a file it saves the wrong date: The computer is saving the wrong date when I export or have a save-as file. How can I fix this? This is happening on 2 of the computers I bought new at the same time and they are having the same problem. Thanks Linda...
  10. Using Applications, Attaching Files, Saving Files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using Applications, Attaching Files, Saving Files.: I need your assistance in solving a problem I am having using my Laptop. I have started having some strange occurrences happening on my computer and am looking to get some help. Without any notice, I am no longer able to attach files to WhatsApp, nor able to save images or...