Windows 10: Saving boot device in BIOS

Discus and support Saving boot device in BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I have a power failure and the power is then restored, my computer doesn't know where to boot from. I have to go into the BIOS and select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Deuxdad, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Deuxdad Win User

Saving boot device in BIOS

Every time I have a power failure and the power is then restored, my computer doesn't know where to boot from. I have to go into the BIOS and select the boot device at which the computerimmediately boots. I do not get a chance to save that boot device setting. How do i permanently save the boot setting? I'm running Win 10 HOME with all the latest updates installed.

My UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. 0304 01/24/2013

Mother Board: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H61M-A/USB3 Rev X.0x

:)

Deuxdad, Feb 24, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

MSI bios boot logo (frozen?)

If you have any USB device connected, disconnect for now.
    Go into BIOS:
    1. At boot time, the BIOS is checking for all devices attached to the PC, turn off the MSI boot logo under boot menu so you can see the text displayed of each step and note which device is hanging.
    2. Under Advance->Windows 8/8.1/10: Enable MSI Fast Boot so that BIOS will bypass checking most devices that are none essential for booting. This will improve the boot process. Note that this is different from fast boot that you set in Windows.
    Some third party drivers that you downloaded from the MSI website might not be up to date, try to download the latest driver(s) from the original manufacturers such Intel Chip Set, Network driver etc....

topgundcp, Feb 24, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Saving boot device in BIOS

Bios will not save boot order

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input. A quick update, my computer is booting fine. It used to give me the error message associated with the boot manager not being detected.

Oddly, here are the steps that worked...

If I were to go into bios, I won't see my boot drive. If I power off, disconnect and reconnect the SATA cable, and power on, its recognized (quick note, I'm on Intel, and I've connected boot drive to SATA port 1). Then I would boot directly off the drive through bios. Any subsequent boots after that and it loads windows.

Now it seems it doesn't matter. I've been running SimCity all day so far and my PC is mostly stable, except for stupid ATI drivers *Frown Saving boot device in BIOS :( I'll be starting a thread there next *Smile Saving boot device in BIOS :)

I'll reset CMOS if this keeps happening.

Timber1900, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Saving boot device in BIOS

1. Saving boot device in BIOS - Similar Threads - Saving boot device

2. Problem selecting and saving boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem selecting and saving boot device: I am using a computer with a X99-A ii motherboards. I am able to select the appropriate boot drive by clicking on it, and the computer boots ok immediately afterwards. But the selection is not saved.I have tried the instructions found online to move the selected drive up to...
  3. Problem selecting and saving boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem selecting and saving boot device: I am using a computer with a X99-A ii motherboards. I am able to select the appropriate boot drive by clicking on it, and the computer boots ok immediately afterwards. But the selection is not saved.I have tried the instructions found online to move the selected drive up to...
  4. Problem selecting and saving boot device

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Have to get into BIOS and hit save and exit for Windows to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have to get into BIOS and hit save and exit for Windows to boot.: Hello, I am having an Acer Aspire 3 running Windows 10 Home. Last day I tried to update AMD graphics drivers using AMDs auto updation tool. Installation was fine but after restart, it was always getting stuck after showing the loading animation. Auto-repair didn't help, reset...
  6. Computer won't boot up after BIOS save & Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot up after BIOS save & Reset: I accidentally placed my computer on spilled water without knowing it. later when I turned on my computer there were error messages, and it immediately opened the BIOS screen before I could read it.I panicked and tried exiting BIOS and restarted my computer several times, but...
  7. PC won't boot up after BIOS save & Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't boot up after BIOS save & Reset: I accidentally placed my computer on spilled water without knowing it. later when I turned on my computer there were error messages, and it immediately opened the BIOS screen before I could read it.I panicked and tried exiting BIOS and restarted my computer several times, but...
  8. stuck bios boot device

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    stuck bios boot device: I got a wireless USB wifi adapter.i open my pc plug the USB wifi adapter and install the driver itself and it told me to restart my computer I restarted it and I got stuck on the bios boot it was 1 hour until I realize when I remove the USB wifi adapter it kept going.i tried...
  9. Bios update and "Inaccessible Boot Device" error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bios update and "Inaccessible Boot Device" error: Hello everyone, I just updated my biosas Lenovo vontage suggested to me. Everything was going well till the windows restarted and then I got the "Inaccessible Boot Device" error on a blue page, and then I stuck in the "preparing automatic repair" page. I used the NOVO...
  10. BIOS/reboot and select proper boot device

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BIOS/reboot and select proper boot device: My Asus ROG G750JM Has been getting BIOS errors alot recently. I would somehow boot it in the past, but now I can’t fix it. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/biosreboot-and-select-proper-boot-device/963dc281-00dc-48fc-b1d9-7fce977c7ce8"