Windows 10: Saving Desktop Icons

Discus and support Saving Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to save my Desktop Icons positions, without using a 3rd party app like DesktopOK. I've read somewhere that if you open a .txt file,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by witten1972, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Saving Desktop Icons

Hi, I would like to save my Desktop Icons positions, without using a 3rd party app like DesktopOK.

I've read somewhere that if you open a .txt file, enter something, close the window, but don't click Save, leave that window open, then Log off, Windows will prompt you to save it during the logoff process, and when you ignore that it should save the Icon positions. If true, then there must be a way to save the Icon positions, inside Windows, right?! If so where does Windows save these settings? And can one use that particular Registry key to restore the layout when things get scrambled?

:)

witten1972, Aug 7, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Nick89 Win User
    Program that saves the location of Desktop icons?

Are there any programs that will save the locations of my desktop icons? every time I play a game or my computer goes to sleep they get all f*&^ed up and its pissing me off.

Thanks in advance.

Nick89, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Saving Desktop Icons

Desktop icons

Greg,

I deleted IconCache but when I went to see if it worked by moving an icon on my desktop and then right clicked to refresh, the icon did not move back. It seems like there is a step missing where I need to save the positions of the icons on my desktop. Any
    other suggestions?

Lou

LouisPadula, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Saving Desktop Icons

1. Saving Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Saving Desktop Icons

2. How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?: I use my notebook with Windows 11 with several different monitors and every time the system shuffles all icons to some default positions. It is very annoying. I need to find a method how to save the positions of my icons to be able to retrieve them on monitors with different...
  3. How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?: I use my notebook with Windows 11 with several different monitors and every time the system shuffles all icons to some default positions. It is very annoying. I need to find a method how to save the positions of my icons to be able to retrieve them on monitors with different...
  4. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving or locking desktop icons layout: Hi, Do you know,trustworthy free of charge or paid third party solution to save the desktop icons layout in Windows 10 and 11. Even locking the desktop icons layout will help me. But in the "lock solution" the layout should not be automatic, it must stay locked as I had...
  5. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving or locking desktop icons layout: Hi, Do you know,trustworthy free of charge or paid third party solution to save the desktop icons layout in Windows 10 and 11. Even locking the desktop icons layout will help me. But in the "lock solution" the layout should not be automatic, it must stay locked as I had...
  6. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Desktop Icons not saving position after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons not saving position after restart: Whenever I try to position my desktop icons the way I would like, after a restart the icons go back to some strange position. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? submitted by /u/Traase [link] [comments]...
  8. Desktop icon arrangement not saving after restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon arrangement not saving after restart.: Hi, every time i rearrange desktop icon after restarting or shutting down it keeps back for the previous arrangement. My problem is same as this Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving I already use the autofix it works but only one time use....
  9. saving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    saving desktop icons: Sorry if this has been asked before I missed it. My number one gripe with with windows 10 is my icons get messed up. Is there a way to save desktop icon positions, or a program that will do this. 57961
  10. Icons on Desktop move when saved

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on Desktop move when saved: Hi This might seem like a trivial problem compared to some of the others on this site, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix my icon problem. I have icons for certain files - word and excel, that I arrange in convenient places on the desktop. If I edit these then...