Windows 10: Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors

Discus and support Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; All, Didn't really see a copy for this question in the forums when I searched, but if I missed it my apologies. Okay my issue: I have a Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bradanielgerl, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors

All,

Didn't really see a copy for this question in the forums when I searched, but if I missed it my apologies.

Okay my issue:
    I have a Surface Book 2 that I frequently will pair with my monitor through the use of a Microsoft Surface Dock.
    My issue is that I will go to the display settings and change it to display only on 2 (My External Monitor).
    That all works fine until I disconnect my surface for whatever reason (Working From Home, Taking to meeting).
    At this point when I reconnect, the display settings have defaulted back to duplicate display.
    I wish to make the default to display only on 2.
    Any ideas on how to fixate this setting?

Any help or tips would be appreciated, Thanks!

:)

bradanielgerl, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Saving Multiple Display Settings

Hello Mike,

You can change the default display settings from Display
    settings
    . Make sure that you're on the main screen before following the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Set Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.
    • Click Keep changes to save the changes.
    Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors

Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors

1. Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors - Similar Threads - Saving Display Settings

2. saving multiple scenarios of screen display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    saving multiple scenarios of screen display settings: Because my laptop screen and external monitor are different resolutions which is a nightmare that Dell didn't warn me about, I need to have three different display settings scenarios: one for when I have the external monitor connected, one for when I only have the laptop...
  3. Does "Multiple display setting" change according to external monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Does "Multiple display setting" change according to external monitor?: Hi I have a external TV connected to my PC and have the 'multiple display' setting on my PC configured to my needs (To Duplicate, Resolution etc), will replacing the TV to a completely different make/model with lower specs change the multiple display setting automatically...
  4. Saving monitor/tv display settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Saving monitor/tv display settings?: I'm looking to save my display settings for my monitors/tv whenever I switch between them or have a hotkey or program to change between the two settings. When I use my computer I have 2 monitors I dual screen to but when I switch to my TV I'd like to have a quick way to...
  5. Display settings not saving with multiple monitors

Display settings not saving with multiple monitors: Hi, I have 3 monitors 1. 144hz 1080p monitor my main display 2. 1080p monitor 3. 4k 55" TV as third monitor Every other time I reboot, my display settings reset. I have the resolution on the first 2 monitors set to 1080p, and the third monitor set to 4k native....
  6. Saving Display Settings

Saving Display Settings: How do I save Display Settings? My Display Resolution was 1024-768 and now it is 1600-900 but every time I restart it, It goes back to 1024-768 and I have to go to the control panel, device manager and update my display adapter again....
  7. how to set resolution on multiple monitor display

how to set resolution on multiple monitor display: I have multiple monitors and had difficulty in setting resolution to be the same when I am in extended view. what is the sequence of steps to accomplish this in Windows 10...
  8. Windows Setting for displaying from multiple monitors not saving.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Setting for displaying from multiple monitors not saving.: So, I am working with an HP Pavillion dvt6-6100, Product: LM342AV. I have it running Windows 10 Pro and I am having trouble getting the computer to duplicate screens when I plug in my external monitor. It is only allowing me to show on either the external monitor or the...
  9. How to save a multiple displays settings?

How to save a multiple displays settings?: Hi. I have a new desktop PC with Windows 10 OS, which has integrated intel GPU (i series CPU) and two video output ports (VGA and HDMI) and latest drivers. I've connected VGA port to a display and HDMI port to projector. I need both of them to display the same picture, so i...
  10. Multiple monitor/display setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple monitor/display setup: I can't find where to set up multiple monitors and how they display/interact? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/multiple-monitordisplay-setup/d41db74d-36a0-49ae-9d6d-8b0f18810509