Windows 10: Saving Display Settings

Discus and support Saving Display Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I save Display Settings? My Display Resolution was 1024-768 and now it is 1600-900 but every time I restart it, It goes back to 1024-768 and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MicroRU, Jul 31, 2020.

1. MicroRU Win User

Saving Display Settings

How do I save Display Settings? My Display Resolution was 1024-768 and now it is 1600-900 but every time I restart it, It goes back to 1024-768 and I have to go to the control panel, device manager and update my display adapter again.

:)

MicroRU, Jul 31, 2020

2. Saving Multiple Display Settings

Hello Mike,

You can change the default display settings from Display
    settings
    . Make sure that you're on the main screen before following the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Set Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.
    • Click Keep changes to save the changes.
    Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Saving Display Settings

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Saving Display Settings

1. Saving Display Settings - Similar Threads - Saving Display Settings

2. Unable to save my settings preferences display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to save my settings preferences display: Hi,This is my first post here, so I apologize in advance for any mistake/not providing the necessary information. The problem I'm facing is not a problem per se, it`s more the inconvenience of having to change the display settings every time I turn my laptop on. Apparently,...
  3. There should be an option to save extended display settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There should be an option to save extended display settings.: There should be an option to save extended display settings. So, that once a user disconnects his laptop and connect it back, then all screens should show pages which was shared before disconnection. User should not spend time and effort on re-arranging his tasks across the...
  4. There should be an option to save extended display settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There should be an option to save extended display settings.: There should be an option to save extended display settings. So, that once a user disconnects his laptop and connect it back, then all screens should show pages which was shared before disconnection. User should not spend time and effort on re-arranging his tasks across the...
  5. saving multiple scenarios of screen display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    saving multiple scenarios of screen display settings: Because my laptop screen and external monitor are different resolutions which is a nightmare that Dell didn't warn me about, I need to have three different display settings scenarios: one for when I have the external monitor connected, one for when I only have the laptop...
  6. Saving monitor/tv display settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Saving monitor/tv display settings?: I'm looking to save my display settings for my monitors/tv whenever I switch between them or have a hotkey or program to change between the two settings. When I use my computer I have 2 monitors I dual screen to but when I switch to my TV I'd like to have a quick way to...
  7. Display settings not saving with multiple monitors

Display settings not saving with multiple monitors: Hi, I have 3 monitors 1. 144hz 1080p monitor my main display 2. 1080p monitor 3. 4k 55" TV as third monitor Every other time I reboot, my display settings reset. I have the resolution on the first 2 monitors set to 1080p, and the third monitor set to 4k native....
  8. Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors: All, Didn't really see a copy for this question in the forums when I searched, but if I missed it my apologies. Okay my issue: I have a Surface Book 2 that I frequently will pair with my monitor through the use of a Microsoft Surface Dock. My issue is that I will go to...
  9. How to save a multiple displays settings?

How to save a multiple displays settings?: Hi. I have a new desktop PC with Windows 10 OS, which has integrated intel GPU (i series CPU) and two video output ports (VGA and HDMI) and latest drivers. I've connected VGA port to a display and HDMI port to projector. I need both of them to display the same picture, so i...
  10. how to save/transfer display settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    how to save/transfer display settings: I just got a laptop with HD display (3200x1800). It has taken some time to figure out settings to make this usable for "normal" computer use. Where are these settings so I can back them up and transfer them to other users? 72697