Windows 10: Saving Documents and Powerpoints

Discus and support Saving Documents and Powerpoints in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been doing papers and projects on my laptop for over a year now and nothing has gone wrong, but I have been trying to save those papers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mackpawe, Oct 27, 2019.

1. mackpawe Win User

Saving Documents and Powerpoints

I have been doing papers and projects on my laptop for over a year now and nothing has gone wrong, but I have been trying to save those papers and projects and I save them to my documents and make sure I save them multiple times throughout the process, but when I would open the document back up to view it or turn it in, there is a blank document and all of my work is gone. I have tried restarting my computer too, but after some time, it keeps happening. Any suggestions on what to do?

:)

mackpawe, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

PowerPoint 2016 high CPU usage after file is saved

Thanks for getting back to us. For further investigation, could you confirm the following:

• If you open a PowerPoint file and wait for some time, will the figure of the CPU usage go down?
    • Does the issue happen when you open a PowerPoint file
      ?

To eliminate software conflicts, we suggest that you perform a clean boot to your device. You can follow the steps stated in this article:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

Jelo Sen, Oct 27, 2019
  3. PowerPoint 2016 high CPU usage after file is saved

Hi,

There's a possibility that an add-in that is installed and enabled in PowerPoint is causing the problem. For us to sort this out, we suggest checking the add-ins in PowerPoint and verify if a
    CoPentaBar add-in is enabled. Follow these steps:

• Start PowerPoint.
    • On the File menu, click Options.
    • Then, click Add-ins.
    • At the bottom of the Add-Ins dialog box, select COM Add-ins and then click
      Go.
    • Click to disable the CoPentaBar add-in.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Excel & Powerpoint thumbnails not showing in windows 10 file explorer after updating to office 365

Hi Gayle,

When you save an Excel or PowerPoint in File Explorer it automatically saves two copies a preview copy and a thumbnail preview. Here are the steps on how you can see your files in thumbnail preview.

• Open an Excel file or PowerPoint document.
    • Click File on the upper left side.
    • Select Info.
    • Look for Properties and click Advanced Properties.
    • Tick the box that says Save thumbnails for All Excel/PowerPoint Documents.
    • Check the folders where you saved the file it should be in thumbnails already.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Saving Documents and Powerpoints - Similar Threads - Saving Documents Powerpoints

2. my powerpoint is not saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my powerpoint is not saved: hi,multiple times i have saved the presenation and slided my display down and when i open again the ppt is not there.it has happened mulriple times and i cannot access the updated file.please help to recover the updated file.RegardsSunil4...
  3. my powerpoint is not saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my powerpoint is not saved: hi,multiple times i have saved the presenation and slided my display down and when i open again the ppt is not there.it has happened mulriple times and i cannot access the updated file.please help to recover the updated file.RegardsSunil4...
  4. my powerpoint is not saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Saving a document.

Saving a document.: When I save a word or any file it automatically saves in 4 locations. Even though I want it save in This PC. When I delete the file in one it deletes in all. I do I get this to stop?...
  6. Saving Documents

Saving Documents: When saving documents, my save view now looks like below. I would like to change it back so that when saving, I can see my files in folders. I would appreciate advice on how to change it back. TIA. [ATTACH]...
  7. PowerPoint Online Saving

PowerPoint Online Saving: Hi so im making a school project on PowerPoint ONLINE but i have a problem i dont know how to save my project into my USB folder it says that my project has been saved to one drive but i dont want it in OneDrive i want it into my specific folder please help me i need it for...
  8. Powerpoint saving to flash drive

Powerpoint saving to flash drive: How do I save powerpoint presentation to thumb drive... I am new to this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint-saving-to-flash-drive/0be8016b-011f-41a5-b040-9be17e4ef21b"
  9. saving documents

saving documents: when I save my documents files they also save in my pictures folder, which I don't want how can I stop them doing that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-documents/1c857732-3530-416a-8c69-8bb415943a59"
  10. Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint: There is now a "feature" which has lost me documents (or would have had I not had backups). As many people do, I sometimes load an old document to act as a template, making suitable amendments and saving it under a new name. The problem is that unless I remember to...