Windows 10: Saving Documents Created Using WordPad

Discus and support Saving Documents Created Using WordPad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to know WHERE documents go when I click on "Save" as opposed to using "Save As." I've kind of "lost" a couple.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HowardFreed, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Saving Documents Created Using WordPad

I would like to know WHERE documents go when I click on "Save" as opposed to using "Save As." I've kind of "lost" a couple.

:)

HowardFreed, Apr 13, 2019
  2. WHS
    whs Win User

word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

Saving Documents Created Using WordPad [​IMG]

3. word documents saved as wordpad documents

I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents.

How do I correct this? I want the save as Word documents, as I did in the past.

Thank you.

desertbronze, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Saving Documents Created Using WordPad

How to Print a document in WordPad?

Hi Sondra,

To assist you better, let us know if you are facing any issues in printing the WordPad document.

We can print a document in WordPad in two ways,

• Open the WordPad document > Click on
      File
      option in the top left corner of the window > Click on
      Print option and select the printer from the list of printers.
    • Right-click on the WordPad document from the saved location
      >
      Click on Print > Input a file name and click on
      Save
      (If prompted).

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Saving Documents Created Using WordPad

1. Saving Documents Created Using WordPad - Similar Threads - Saving Documents Created

2. Wordpad document lost not saved.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wordpad document lost not saved.: I was working on a project on Microsoft WordPad. At no point did I save this project. My computer crashed due to problems with the battery and then Windows 10 updated. This closed my WordPad document and I cant recover the file. I've tried searching for the .tmp but it's all...
  3. WordPad documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WordPad documents: Where do I find saved documents in WordPad? Moved from: Microsoft Education/ Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents/abb90273-51b5-4348-bf14-b9e8f14627b2
  4. Blank Wordpad document

Blank Wordpad document: HELP! So I've recently been using Wordpad to complete my college coursework that is due to be submitted soon. I'd completed half of the coursework and saved it as normal before closing it. A couple of days later to my horror, I opened the file to see that all of the text...
  5. Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.

Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.: So, recently I started working on my new game. I work with Photoshop and I save all my images on my desktop because it's easier to find the photo. A few days ago, I was doing the same thing, but the message popped up saying: "You are not allowed to finish this process. Please...
  6. Wordpad documents being saved to Word

Wordpad documents being saved to Word: Whenever I save a document in Wordpad, it gets saved to Word. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents-being-saved-to-word/b382d304-cf64-43db-9d0b-11d89bfa27e9"
  7. WORDPAD DOCUMENT

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WORDPAD DOCUMENT: HOW CAN I EMAIL THE DOCUMENT I MADE IN WORDPAD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-document/d2ec3ac6-c4ba-425a-ad90-cb8bb0123709"
  8. Save a document in WordPad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Save a document in WordPad: WordPad will NOT let me save a document....I keep getting a message saying the name is not valid no matter what I try to name it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-a-document-in-wordpad/3ec3e6d2-8a72-40eb-8e04-f214344ca462
  9. saving a landscape document in wordpad

saving a landscape document in wordpad: I save a landscape document in wordpad just fine but when I re-open it later it opens in portrait - how can i fix this ?? thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-a-landscape-document-in-wordpad/3b54aa40-32cd-4dc0-8e9c-0ac0d3a81c71"
  10. word documents saved as wordpad documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. saving as word instead of wordpad

2. what is the best way to save documents in wordpad

3. saving a document in wordpad