Windows 10: Saving documents in windows 10 created by open office 4.1.6

Discus and support Saving documents in windows 10 created by open office 4.1.6 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using open office for all my documents since 2000, (using windows, XP, 7, 8.0, 8.1) without any difficulties. When I downloaded open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenSIlva2, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Saving documents in windows 10 created by open office 4.1.6

I have been using open office for all my documents since 2000, (using windows, XP, 7, 8.0, 8.1) without any difficulties. When I downloaded open office on windows ten the first few documents I created saved without a hitch, then quit. I would like to find out how to get rid of the glitch that presently prevents my documents from being saved on windows 10.

:)

StephenSIlva2, Feb 27, 2019
  2. 4dw10 Win User

Can't save MS Office 2013 documents after Win10 upgrade from Win8.1

PROBLEM:
    MS Office 2013 can't save files anywhere except in OneDrive (which I don't want to use).

BACKGROUND:
    • Win10 upgrade on Alienware 17 R2 (2015 model) from 8.1 went well - no errors.
    • After using for a few days (normal shutdown / startups), used MS Word to create a document.

1. Created my document
    2. Went to file save dialogue, typed in filename e.g. "status update.docx".
    3. Almost immediately, the MS Word file save dialogue popped back up with the same filename, but now appended with a "1" e.g. "statusupdate1.docx" and received an error message (1st clue things aren't right)
    4. Hit 'Save' and everything looks okay except the document name shown at the top of MS Word is "Document1" (2nd clue things aren't right)
    5. Choose 'File, Close' and dialogue "Want to save your changes to Document1?" pops up (3rd clue)
    6. Choose 'Save' and "statusupdate1.docx" appears as the filename -- no matter how many times I hit 'Save' the 'Save as' dialogue keeps coming back with the "statusupdate1.docx" filename
    7. I'm forced to choose 'Don't Save' in the dialogue to exit MS Word
    8. I CAN'T save in docx, docm, or doc in any location EXCEPT OneDrive
    9. I CAN save rtf versions everywhere

ACTIONS TAKEN:

1. Checked the web for fixes but didn't find any that worked
    2. Ran sfc /scannow
    3. Ran dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Chose to completely remove MS Office 2013 and reinstall (used Microsoft's MSO total removal tool which removes all registry entries in addition to removing the files)
    5. After re-installation, experienced the same problem with MS Excel files (new problem after remove/install cycle)
    6. Checked out Microsoft's Known Issues with Office and Windows 10, but no joy - "Known issues with Office and Windows 10
    7. Now every time I use Word, it also tries to save normal.docx which it can't save, and which takes multiple steps to finally abandon saving. Since word is used by Outlook, it also means that I have the normal.docx style sheet issue when composing mail or opening attachments.
    8. UPDATE: Installed Office 2016 in trial mode. No change. Exactly the same problem with Office 2016 as Office 2013.

Any help appreciated.

UPDATE: SOLVED

Trusteer product from IBM was the problem. Once removed, all applications work and save normally.

4dw10, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Documents being saved to OneDrive when I want them saved only to local PC

To further assist you changing the default saving location of the document, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Open an existing document or create a new document.

2. Click File in the top-left portion of the window.

3. Once you’re on the screen where you can see your existing documents, click
    Options

4. In the Options windows, select Save from the list of options on the left.

5. To remove OneDrive as the default save location, find and check the box labeled
    Save to Computer by default. The default save location is your user Documents folder.

6. If you do not wish Documents folder as your new default save location, you may choose to set a custom save location.

7. Click Browse button next to the Default Local File Location box and navigate to the desired location on your PC.

8. When you’ve made your selection, click OK to save it.

9. Click OK again to close the Options window.

10. After doing the following steps, you may need to restart the Office application for it to take effect.

Let us know if you still have concerns.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Feb 27, 2019
  4. owensdj Win User

Saving documents in windows 10 created by open office 4.1.6

Editing and Saving Office Files

If you can create, save, and then open new Office documents, then it's probably the case that the permissions on your existing documents are messed up. Right click one of the existing Office documents and go to Properties and then to Security tab. Highlight your user name in the list at the top. What are your permissions?

owensdj, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Saving documents in windows 10 created by open office 4.1.6

1. Saving documents in windows 10 created by open office 4.1.6 - Similar Threads - Saving documents created

2. Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file: I'm using Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 11. I want to put 5 scanned pages in 1 PDF file. After having scanned the 5 pages I select them and want to print to a PDF. However when I select 1 file I can select "Print". As soon as I select 2 or more files the "Print" option can...
  3. Office Apps try to save to "Shared Documents" instead of "Documents"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office Apps try to save to "Shared Documents" instead of "Documents": I am having issues with user OneDrive's attempting to save to the wrong location. I have users, when attempting to save in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, their save location is "Shared Documents." If you look, the correct location is supposed to be "Documents":Correct...
  4. Office Apps try to save to "Shared Documents" instead of "Documents"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office Apps try to save to "Shared Documents" instead of "Documents": I am having issues with user OneDrive's attempting to save to the wrong location. I have users, when attempting to save in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, their save location is "Shared Documents." If you look, the correct location is supposed to be "Documents":Correct...
  5. Office Apps try to save to "Shared Documents" instead of "Documents"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.

Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.: So, recently I started working on my new game. I work with Photoshop and I save all my images on my desktop because it's easier to find the photo. A few days ago, I was doing the same thing, but the message popped up saying: "You are not allowed to finish this process. Please...
  7. Cannot save Apache Open Office files, or create new folder, on windows 10

Cannot save Apache Open Office files, or create new folder, on windows 10: I am not able to save files or create new folders ever since getting remote access assistance with canon printer installation. I have installed a new copy of Apache Open Office, and uninstalled the canon printer to try to troubleshoot the problem....
  8. Opening documents saved in Word

Opening documents saved in Word: Hello I have many documents created in Open Office but saved as Word docs so they can be sent to others in a readable form. Suddenly they no can no longer be opened and any attempt to do so brings up a window stating that 'You are trying to use Office but you don't have...
  9. Saving Documents Created Using WordPad

Saving Documents Created Using WordPad: I would like to know WHERE documents go when I click on "Save" as opposed to using "Save As." I've kind of "lost" a couple. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-documents-created-using-wordpad/252404a9-b76e-4798-8bed-883fdd83c7f0"
  10. Saving office documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Saving office documents: I have just created a new word document. When I try to do a "file", "save as" it tells me I don't have permission to save in that location and to contact the administrator to obtain permission. I am the administrator as mine is the only name in the users. Has anyone else come...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. saving files in open office in windows 10

2. openoffice save file not found

3. open office crashes when saving

4. Cannot save as in Open Office 4.1.6,
  5. error saving the document openoffice 4.1.6,
  6. cannot open open offic e4.1.6.,
  7. Can i open office 4.1.6 and edit a file on it,
  8. w10 suddenly saving open office to attachments,
  9. save as docx open office 4.1.6,
  10. how to save changes in open office 4.1.6,
  11. installed openoffice 4.1.6 and it didnt update existing files