Windows 10: Saving downloaded movies onto a flash drive

Discus and support Saving downloaded movies onto a flash drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi. For the first time I downloaded a movie I purchased from the Microsoft store. It seems like I can only watch it online (under "My Films and TV").... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by giantoctopus69, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Saving downloaded movies onto a flash drive

Hi. For the first time I downloaded a movie I purchased from the Microsoft store. It seems like I can only watch it online (under "My Films and TV"). Is there a way I can save it on to a flash drive and watch it on another device devoid of Internet connection? I already paid for the movie.

:)

giantoctopus69, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Dec 22, 2018
  3. I'm trying to download from a flash drive several movie files (Movie Clip (.MPG)) the sound comes over but the movie does not.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• When you say “I'm trying to download from a flash drive several movie files”? Are you trying to play the movie from the flash drive?
    • Have you tired plugging the flash drive to different USB port?

Please do let us know with more information regarding this issue, so that we can assist you better.

Karthicka_R, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Saving downloaded movies onto a flash drive

Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Saving downloaded movies onto a flash drive

1. Saving downloaded movies onto a flash drive - Similar Threads - Saving downloaded movies

2. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  3. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  4. How to save to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save to a flash drive: How do you save to a flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-to-a-flash-drive/3462afbe-839d-407f-a7b2-ba4b75fdbabb
  5. How to save to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save to a flash drive: How do you save to a flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-to-a-flash-drive/3462afbe-839d-407f-a7b2-ba4b75fdbabb
  6. trying to save files on a flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trying to save files on a flash drive: I plugged my flash drive in to my Lenovo IdeaPad 330 and there is no icon showing up that gives me a spot to save my files onto it. please help i need to free up space on my computer....
  7. Download Windows 10 onto flash drive without updating current computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download Windows 10 onto flash drive without updating current computer?: I’m sorry if this has been posted a million times but I was wondering if it’s possible to download windows 10 onto a flash drive from Windows 7 laptop without upgrading it. In other words, can I use the free upgrade for a different computer than the Windows 7 one? submitted...
  8. Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash

Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash: How do I Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-a-dvd-onto-a-usb-drive-flash/717a7fe9-432b-499c-aa65-aa77754a0457
  9. Powerpoint saving to flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Powerpoint saving to flash drive: How do I save powerpoint presentation to thumb drive... I am new to this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint-saving-to-flash-drive/0be8016b-011f-41a5-b040-9be17e4ef21b"
  10. transferring a movie to a flash drive

transferring a movie to a flash drive: Hi. I have a movie I converted to an MP4 file and want to move it to a USB flash drive. The file is a little over 5gb and the drive is 32mb. I get a message that the file is too large for the destination which is not possible. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you. 103489