Windows 10: Saving email group in Mail app

Discus and support Saving email group in Mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can't see how to save a large group of addressees that I have sent an email to (40 members of a club) so that I can use it again. I don't want to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Lordwanswell, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Saving email group in Mail app

I can't see how to save a large group of addressees that I have sent an email to (40 members of a club) so that I can use it again. I don't want to save them all individually into my People app. In Outlook I was able to save such a group and name it (eg "Rotary".

Windows build: 18362.959

:)

Lordwanswell, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Group Contacts in Windows 10 mail

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

The ‘Mail’ and ‘People’ app work together. Currently the option to create a ‘Group’ in Mail or ‘People’ is unavailable.

I would suggest you to check with the workaround below and see it that helps you.

Sending ‘Group’ email through the ‘People’ app:

1. Add a contact in ‘People’ app with the email section containing all the email addresses that you wish to send the email to, be sure to separate the email addresses with a semi-colon between each of them and no spaces.
    2. In the ‘Name’ section, you may enter the ‘Group’ name. Click on the ‘Save’ icon in the top right corner.
    3. The ‘Group’ will now be added to the list of contacts. Select the ‘Group’ and click on the ‘Email Personal’ section.
    4. You will be prompted to choose an application, select the ‘Mail’ app and click on ‘Ok’.
    5. The ‘Mail’ app will open will open with all the email addresses that was added under that name as recipients

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Aug 4, 2020
  3. kimstrom Win User
    Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to be able to save new contacts from my emails I receive. Does anyone have a solution?

kimstrom, Aug 4, 2020
  4. John582n Win User

Saving email group in Mail app

Mail - want to make a group List in windows 10

Windows 10 Hints & Tips—Creating an email Group in the Mail app

To send an email to a group of people using the Windows 10 Mail app:

• Start the People app
    • Add a new contact called "My Group" (or whatever)
    • In the Personal email box, list all the email addresses you want in the group separated by a comma (no spaces!!) - eg "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***,*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"
    • Save

To send an email to that group:

• Start the People app, highlight My Group then click "Email Personal" in the right pane and choose "Mail", then OK.
    • The Mail App will open and (if you only have one account) a new email will appear.
      If you have multiple accounts you need to select the account.

John582n, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Saving email group in Mail app

1. Saving email group in Mail app - Similar Threads - Saving email group

2. Email group setup for Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email group setup for Windows Mail: I am running Windows Mail for emails Windows 11 machine with Office 365, but am unable to create groups in / with my contacts. Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-group-setup-for-windows-mail/dbf11d74-55ee-4d30-8966-02e40b1e4017
  3. How to create email group in Windows 11 Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create email group in Windows 11 Mail App: In the Windows 11 Mail App not Outlook, I can't seem to save email groups in the Contacts after I set them up. The group contact title is still there, but all the individual personal emails previously listed and saved in the group contact have disappeared when I access the...
  4. How to create email group in Windows 11 Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create email group in Windows 11 Mail App: In the Windows 11 Mail App not Outlook, I can't seem to save email groups in the Contacts after I set them up. The group contact title is still there, but all the individual personal emails previously listed and saved in the group contact have disappeared when I access the...
  5. People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail

People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail: Hi, I have been trying to make a group contact in the people app but it won't save the emails. It creates the contact card but it won't save the emails to it. When I create it it says the emails are there but then they disappear when I search for it later. Tried making just...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app is not saving Sent emails:

Windows 10 Mail app is not saving Sent emails:: I have upgraded to 1909 at Microsoft's suggestion but it has not solved the issue. I am not using Outlook. Can someone give me a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-is-not-saving-sent-emails/1b7ea4a2-4524-4c3c-98f3-7807b224b0cf
  7. group emails in windows 10 mail

group emails in windows 10 mail: whilst I kind of like windows 10 it is sometimes not user friendly, I used to be able to create a mailing list for my club members now I find it impossible with the mail app in windows 10 whoever created this did not have ordinary people in mind. pleeeese help how can I...
  8. Windows Mail App - email groups

Windows Mail App - email groups: I have just been on line with Microsoft who confirm the Windows Mail App does not have the facility to create email groups. I need to use this function regularly and I am currently using my Gmail account for this purpose. When will Microsoft develop an email groups function...
  9. How to Save Email in Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    How to Save Email in Mail App: This has to be a dumb question, but I can't figure it out and the help is useless. I have an email that I would like to save on my local hard file... as in Outlook. There is noway to create or open local folders and then use the move "action" Thanks Brian 20371
  10. Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app How to Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most....