Windows 10: Saving excel files on network drive issue

Discus and support Saving excel files on network drive issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After upgrading win7 to win10 , we are unable to save the excel files on the network drive, although we can save locally or save as on the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AymanAbed, Jul 4, 2019.

1. AymanAbed Win User

Saving excel files on network drive issue

After upgrading win7 to win10 , we are unable to save the excel files on the network drive, although we can save locally or save as on the network drive without any issue. we are using office 2010

Thanks in advance

Ayman

:)

AymanAbed, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Jon Hof Win User

Excel 2016 and O365 Excel file contents do not index when saving to a network drive

Hello Mala.S

I have tried that as well.

The only option left is to check on the Network drive and see if the file type 2016 excel / 2016 excel macro enabled is on the list of files to be indexed.

What is the file type extension that I should be checking for or adding to the list?

the Network drive might be older and may not have the file type on the list.

from the property list this is the content type of the file..

application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet

application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.macroEnabled.12

Thank you.

Jon Hof, Jul 4, 2019
  3. kevthu Win User
    Excel files only open/save slow on network share

• Opening any Excel file, even an empty Excel file from any network share located on any machine on this domain network results in slow performance. When opening a file, Excel will state: "Downloading: <path name>", then will say "Processing...", then will
      say "Opening: <path name>", then will say "Processing...", and then finally opens. Once open the file performs normally.
    • The Save process is equally slow for any Excel file saving to a Network Share
    • Opening these same files locally on any machine is fast.
    • Opening any other file type on these shares is fast, including Word, pdf, jpg, etc. of much larger size than the Excel files.
    • The slow performance is seen on all machines on the network.
    It seems like this would be a network issue but I'm not sure where to start. Again it only affects Excel files, nothing else. But it affects all Excel files.

Some machines here are Windows 7 running Office 2010, but the same slow behavior is seen on Windows 10 machines running Office 365.

kevthu, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Cannot save files to network drives anymore

Hi Brendo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Which account was used to sign in to Office, when the user attempted to save files to the mapped drive?

This could be due to the incorrect user information used. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Open Word 2016, and navigate to
      File > Account
    • Sign out of all the accounts under User Information.
    • Restart Office, navigate to
      File > Account
    • Sign In to use the work email for user information.
    • Now, try saving the Office documents to the mapped drive.

If the issue persists, as the issue is related to Server, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet
    forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Servers to assist you with this.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Saving excel files on network drive issue - Similar Threads - Saving excel files

2. Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive: Hi, I am having trouble when saving files to network drive. The files are set to save to the network drive directly, but instead are going to a subfolder in that network drive. Anyone have any idea why this is? It is imperative that the be saved to the network drive directly...
  3. Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive: Hi, I am having trouble when saving files to network drive. The files are set to save to the network drive directly, but instead are going to a subfolder in that network drive. Anyone have any idea why this is? It is imperative that the be saved to the network drive directly...
  4. Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't Save Excel To D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Save Excel To D Drive: Can't save Excel to D drive The message appear when I want to save as to D drive "You are attempting to save a file type word 2007 and later Documents and Templates that is blocked by your file block settings in the Trust Centre"Context this PC is Pre-built MSI with HDD and...
  6. Can't Save Excel To D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Save Excel To D Drive: Can't save Excel to D drive The message appear when I want to save as to D drive "You are attempting to save a file type word 2007 and later Documents and Templates that is blocked by your file block settings in the Trust Centre"Context this PC is Pre-built MSI with HDD and...
  7. Excel files on a Samba network drive don't open

Excel files on a Samba network drive don't open: Hello! I have a Microsoft Server 2019 Standard with MS Office installed. I also have a Linux server that shares each user's ~/windows/ directory through Samba with their account when they're logged in. However, when they open a .xslx file located in the said directory, the...
  8. Trying to save a word or excel or PDF or text document in the network drive but it...

Trying to save a word or excel or PDF or text document in the network drive but it...: Hi, Using Windows 10 machine, Word 2016 64-bit. Issue: When I use save as options and select the G: folder G Drive is the network drive from the excel menu it defaults to D: Documents Local D drive rather than the location I select. I tried to change the Trusted...
  9. save excel files to one drive

save excel files to one drive: I just updated my computer and now my office files will not update automatically, or sync, to the cloud. when I go to onedrive and use excel online everything works fine, and when I go to my offline excel the changes show up just fine. However, when I make changes to the...
  10. excel files won't save.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    excel files won't save.: I can open an excel file but when I save, it can't access the folder.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/excel-files-wont-save/cc2fe25e-6973-408c-a9f8-bd23118886e3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. files not saving on network drive