Windows 10: Saving files dated in the future

Discus and support Saving files dated in the future in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC is saving files with a date 3 days in the future. My system clock is correct.... why would this be happening? :S... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrendanBennett8, May 22, 2020.

1. Saving files dated in the future

My PC is saving files with a date 3 days in the future.

My system clock is correct.... why would this be happening?

:S

:)

BrendanBennett8, May 22, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, May 22, 2020
  3. File Save

Hi Clive,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• What is the location where you are trying to save the files?
    • Is the issue specific to particular type of files? Example Office files.
    I would like to inform you that you cannot save the files in location where Operating System files are saved.

I suggest you to Run Maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computers, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 22, 2020
  4. Saving files dated in the future

Error: "Settings out of date" and unable to save the password for the app on Windows 10

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Saving files dated in the future

1. Saving files dated in the future - Similar Threads - Saving files dated

2. System files "Date modified" set in future

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System files "Date modified" set in future: Hi,I cannot access software tools that I need because their licensing server detects files that have the "Date modified" property set in the future, and draws the conclusion that I set the date back to extend my license. This is happening because I set the system date to be...
  3. System files "Date modified" set in future

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System files "Date modified" set in future: Hi,I cannot access software tools that I need because their licensing server detects files that have the "Date modified" property set in the future, and draws the conclusion that I set the date back to extend my license. This is happening because I set the system date to be...
  4. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    searching file by date it was saved or type: I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically...
  5. searching file by date it was saved or type

searching file by date it was saved or type: I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically...
  6. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Saving Windows 11 for the future

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Windows 11 for the future: I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home, with OEM digital license in the BIOS. I need to delete it from the disk and replace it with Ubuntu Linux for work purposes. However, in some years 3 or 4 I might want to put Windows back on and use the laptop for gaming. What should...
  8. Saving Windows 11 for the future

Saving Windows 11 for the future: I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home, with OEM digital license in the BIOS. I need to delete it from the disk and replace it with Ubuntu Linux for work purposes. However, in some years 3 or 4 I might want to put Windows back on and use the laptop for gaming. What should...
  9. Saving attachment groups files by dates

in Browsers and Email
    Saving attachment groups files by dates: I have Thunderbird 68.12.1 (32-bit) & use Sandboxie. If I want to save an attachment, I save it to a Downloads folder. Lately, SaveAs dialog box shows the folder in date groups. e.g. [img] I do sort the Downloads folder by date, but I don't have any grouping set up that...
  10. when i save a file it saves the wrong date

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i save a file it saves the wrong date: The computer is saving the wrong date when I export or have a save-as file. How can I fix this? This is happening on 2 of the computers I bought new at the same time and they are having the same problem. Thanks Linda...