Saving files to default Pic, Vid and Docs Problem

Discus and support Saving files to default Pic, Vid and Docs Problem in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi Guys I seem to have a problem trying to save file to my default Docs, vid and Pics folder on my C drive. I have attached a pic of what it says. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJ Steve, Jul 28, 2015.

1. DJ Steve Win User

Hi Guys I seem to have a problem trying to save file to my default Docs, vid and Pics folder on my C drive. I have attached a pic of what it says.

I have changed the permissions to let me do this or am I looking in the wrong place? If I save the files to the desktop however and then move to the relevant folder it works fine *Confused

Can anybody please help?

TIA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

DJ Steve, Jul 28, 2015
  2. psteinb Win User

E71 Gallery Images and Video Clips

save all your data files (pics, vids, docs, etc) to your computer, then re-format your microsd card (from your phone).

then just reload all the data back on... fixed.

psteinb, Jul 28, 2015
  3. VesselOfClay Win User
    TWINUI (default) when I choose to download my photos from internet

After all of the recent updates I cannot download my pics from Google photos (or any other from the internet for that matter). The "Open With" drop down menu shows TWINUI (default) with the option for a few other programs and Browse, as well as "Save File".
    I have checked the default apps and for Photo Viewer it was blank so I changed it to Photos. This did not fix the problem.

If I choose "Save File", the photo is "saved" in downloads automatically or wherever I choose. However, I don't want to all downloads to be saved in my User's picture folder, just pics/vids.

This problem occurs on any browser (not that that is the problem, but just threw that in for info)

The only application that has this problem is Photos. I can select a correct program to open other file types with in the drop down menu.

VesselOfClay, Jul 28, 2015
  4. DJ Steve Win User

Seems a fresh install has not helped after all *Sad Anybody at have any ideas on this ?

DJ Steve, Aug 5, 2015
  5. jastwood Win User
    Did anybody else come up with a fix for this issue without having to do a clean install?
    I did the upgrade on my laptop running Windows 7 perfectly fine but when I did the upgrade on my Desktop I encounter this issue.

jastwood, Aug 5, 2015
  6. mreid72 Win User
    I'm having the exact same problem and would rather not have to do a clean install!

mreid72, Aug 5, 2015
  7. DJ Steve Win User
    Anybody any idea please it is driving me crazy!!

DJ Steve, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Saving files to default Pic, Vid and Docs Problem - Similar Threads - Saving files default

Forum Date

How do I allow Windows to save over open files?

How do I allow Windows to save over open files?: Hello, I am working in Photoshop and Maya and it is extremely convenient for my workflow to save over the last version of a texture and have Maya automatically update to the new texture. I do this all the time in OS X. Since switching to windows however, as long as a file is...
Windows 10 Support Friday at 9:02 PM

File not found when doing Save As

File not found when doing Save As: (Office 2016) This problem happens with Office Apps (Pub,Excel,Word etc) since build 1803. When I try to "save as" a file to my C:, I get this message "File not found"*Confused It will "save as" to an external drive without issue. Permissions problem??? OR?? 112180
Microsoft Office and 365 Thursday at 4:32 AM

Certain videos will not save as a playable file?

Certain videos will not save as a playable file?: Hey everybody, new here and dont know anything about laptops or windows. I have about 200 short videos off of my GoPro. I put the SD card in the laptop (Asus) and they all download onto some kind of program where it shows the video and lets me play them. (this window is not...
Windows 10 Support May 7, 2018

Snipping tool saves files hidden by default

Snipping tool saves files hidden by default: I recently performed a reset on my PC. The Windows accessory snipping tool now saves files as hidden by default, no matter where I save them. This problem also occurs intermittently with Save As. Before the reset, Snipping Tool did not hide saved files by default. I read that...
Windows 10 Software and Apps Jul 14, 2016

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive: Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options,...
Windows 10 Support Feb 25, 2017

Setting Default Save Destination for Files to Desktop in Windows 10

Setting Default Save Destination for Files to Desktop in Windows 10: I wish there were some system-wide default. I like to save to Desktop. When you remove or move those folders, Windows asks to save to ThisPC or to Desktop by default, not sure now, still the Desktop shortcut is close by. You can also setup any startup directory for Windows...
Windows 10 Support Apr 4, 2018

Cannot create the desired default view in "save file" folders.

Cannot create the desired default view in "save file" folders.: I have corrected Windows Explorer to only show list view of all my folders. However, this does not affect the dialog box that comes up when saving a file to a folder. How can I correct this? Kindly use all layman's language. Thanks! 66747
Windows 10 Support Oct 12, 2016
Saving files to default Pic, Vid and Docs Problem solved