Windows 10: Saving files to default Pic, Vid and Docs Problem

Discus and support Saving files to default Pic, Vid and Docs Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys I seem to have a problem trying to save file to my default Docs, vid and Pics folder on my C drive. I have attached a pic of what it says. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJ Steve, Jul 28, 2015.

1. DJ Steve Win User

Saving files to default Pic, Vid and Docs Problem

Hi Guys I seem to have a problem trying to save file to my default Docs, vid and Pics folder on my C drive. I have attached a pic of what it says.

I have changed the permissions to let me do this or am I looking in the wrong place? If I save the files to the desktop however and then move to the relevant folder it works fine *Confused

Can anybody please help?

TIA

Saving files to default Pic, Vid and Docs Problem [​IMG]

:)

DJ Steve, Jul 28, 2015
  2. psteinb Win User

E71 Gallery Images and Video Clips

save all your data files (pics, vids, docs, etc) to your computer, then re-format your microsd card (from your phone).

then just reload all the data back on... fixed.

psteinb, Jul 28, 2015
  3. TWINUI (default) when I choose to download my photos from internet

After all of the recent updates I cannot download my pics from Google photos (or any other from the internet for that matter). The "Open With" drop down menu shows TWINUI (default) with the option for a few other programs and Browse, as well as "Save File".
    I have checked the default apps and for Photo Viewer it was blank so I changed it to Photos. This did not fix the problem.

If I choose "Save File", the photo is "saved" in downloads automatically or wherever I choose. However, I don't want to all downloads to be saved in my User's picture folder, just pics/vids.

This problem occurs on any browser (not that that is the problem, but just threw that in for info)

The only application that has this problem is Photos. I can select a correct program to open other file types with in the drop down menu.

VesselOfClay, Jul 28, 2015
  4. DJ Steve Win User

Seems a fresh install has not helped after all *Sad Anybody at have any ideas on this ?

DJ Steve, Aug 4, 2015
  5. jastwood Win User
    Did anybody else come up with a fix for this issue without having to do a clean install?
    I did the upgrade on my laptop running Windows 7 perfectly fine but when I did the upgrade on my Desktop I encounter this issue.

jastwood, Aug 4, 2015
  6. mreid72 Win User
    I'm having the exact same problem and would rather not have to do a clean install!

mreid72, Aug 5, 2015
  7. DJ Steve Win User
    Anybody any idea please it is driving me crazy!!

DJ Steve, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Saving files to default Pic, Vid and Docs Problem - Similar Threads - Saving files default

2. saving a doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving a doc: I have a lot of OneDrive folders, and when I go to save a new document or save an attachment in a mail message, the window that pops up automatically jumps to "This PC" EVERY TIME which sits at the BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW, very very far away from my "Quick Access" pinned folders...
  3. saving a doc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    saving a doc: I have a lot of OneDrive folders, and when I go to save a new document or save an attachment in a mail message, the window that pops up automatically jumps to "This PC" EVERY TIME which sits at the BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW, very very far away from my "Quick Access" pinned folders...
  4. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC: Trying to open a PDF document, as a PDF doc that I downloaded and saved on my laptop. When I click on 'open' a message box appears. I am given two options--either convert it to a Word doc or 'Cancel". How do/can I open my doc the way that it should be, as a PDF document?...
  5. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC: Trying to open a PDF document, as a PDF doc that I downloaded and saved on my laptop. When I click on 'open' a message box appears. I am given two options--either convert it to a Word doc or 'Cancel". How do/can I open my doc the way that it should be, as a PDF document?...
  6. Imported Pics and Vids won’t load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Imported Pics and Vids won’t load: I uploaded all the important photos and videos from my iPhone. When I click on the photos the files end in “HEIC” and I get a message that says “we can’t open this file” When I click on a video I get a pop up that says I need to purchase and download a HEVC Video Extension....
  7. Trying to save doc. files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to save doc. files: When I tried to save a World document the system asks me to log in and complete Hello registration. Before that moment I had completed Hello registration and set up PIN but I noticed that Hello is not available on my computer. How can I save docs?...
  8. Saving file location defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving file location defaults: So specifically with PDF files. When I do a "save as" or sign with a digital signature, it brings up the explorer window. The explorer window opens to the file location of the last file I saved a PDF in. I would like explorer to default the the folder the file I am working...
  9. Moved Docs/Pics/Vids to other drive and now all users can access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Moved Docs/Pics/Vids to other drive and now all users can access: Recently advised my brother on a new PC. Found him a nice deal on an HP with an SSD and a HDD. We have the same at home and store all docs, music, pictures etc on the HDD. Told him to go for this setup, but, we have a problem... I went round to set it up for him...
  10. Snipping Tool - Saving jpg, png files as Word docs with no pic

Snipping Tool - Saving jpg, png files as Word docs with no pic: Hi all, I am barely computer literate, so please bare with me. I have been using the Snipping tool for over a year now. I use it a lot for my job. Anyway, recently, whenever I hit "save as" and select jpeg, png it saves it as an unreadable word document. Sometimes, if I keep...