Windows 10: Saving files to word instead of wordpad

Discus and support Saving files to word instead of wordpad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I save files in Word format instead of wordpad? I've tried to change the default settings in apps but can't find anything that would change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by linibobrick, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Saving files to word instead of wordpad

How do I save files in Word format instead of wordpad? I've tried to change the default settings in apps but can't find anything that would change wordpad to word.

:)

linibobrick, Jul 22, 2019
  2. WHS
    whs Win User

word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

Saving files to word instead of wordpad [​IMG]

3. Edwin Win User
    Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document

Right click an .rtf file and make the following changes:

Edwin, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Saving files to word instead of wordpad

word documents saved as wordpad documents

I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents.

How do I correct this? I want the save as Word documents, as I did in the past.

Thank you.

desertbronze, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Saving files to word instead of wordpad

1. Saving files to word instead of wordpad - Similar Threads - Saving files word

2. How can I make Word the default program instead of WordPad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make Word the default program instead of WordPad?: How can I make Word the default program instead of WordPad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-word-the-default-program-instead-of/178dd115-dcf7-47d0-a285-d180a098ae0c
  3. How can I make Word the default program instead of WordPad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make Word the default program instead of WordPad?: How can I make Word the default program instead of WordPad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-word-the-default-program-instead-of/178dd115-dcf7-47d0-a285-d180a098ae0c
  4. Trying to save a Word document to my laptop but it opens in Wordpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to save a Word document to my laptop but it opens in Wordpad: I have the same problem trying to save my Word documents to my desktop, and when I open them they open in wordpad which destroys my formatting. How can i save and open my documents in word on my pc? I have tried the open with option but there is no alternate choice and Word...
  5. Wordpad documents being saved to Word

Wordpad documents being saved to Word: Whenever I save a document in Wordpad, it gets saved to Word. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents-being-saved-to-word/b382d304-cf64-43db-9d0b-11d89bfa27e9"
  6. word - wordpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    word - wordpad: People send me email attachments in word and they only open in wordpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-wordpad/ccb02627-34b5-4a40-858f-16b983a7756e
  7. wordpad file disappeared instead of saving

wordpad file disappeared instead of saving: I closed a wordpad doc that I clicked to save and it disappeared. Usually I would see a screen that allowed me to name my document and direct it to a file. How do I search for something that doesn't have a file name. Can it be recovered? Thanks...
  8. word documents saved as wordpad documents

word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...
  9. Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document

Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document: Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead of as a WordPad document [img] [img] I'm setting up a new Dell Inspiron 15 (x64) laptop. Windows 10 Home (x64). And want to have WordPad to open as a WordPad document. --- The top of the document shows Word...
  10. word to wordpad

word to wordpad: I have a new computer with 10. I have not installed any word processing software and am content for the time being with Wordpad. However, all documents that I have imported into this computer show up as Word documents. When I try to open them I am informed that Microsoft will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. save in word instead of wordpad

2. help with saving files in wordpad