Windows 10: Saving from Internet Browers

Discus and support Saving from Internet Browers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having trouble saving anything off of internet browers. This issue isn't limited to Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. It's all of them. Sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by llytelian, Feb 23, 2021.

1. llytelian Win User

Saving from Internet Browers

I'm having trouble saving anything off of internet browers. This issue isn't limited to Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. It's all of them. Sometimes I can save something on the first try, other times the saving window freezes and I can't save anything. I have to exit out of it, try to save it again, and then I save it if the window hasn't frozen. Sometimes the window won't unfreeze for several tries the current winner is five tries. I have to continuously click the exit button before I can exit the save window. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

llytelian, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Internet Explorer saves script as text

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if helps.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Open the web site which you want to save.
    • Click on gear icon at the top right corner.
    • Select File and click on save as.
    • Select the option Webpage, HTML only (*.html,*html) under Save as type and check if it helps.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Internet images saving with wrong file extension, ex: saving as PSP, not jpeg or png

Hi Keller,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• In which browser are you facing the issue Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Did you make any hardware and software changes in your computer prior to this issue?

If you are using Internet Explorer follow the Methods below.

Method 1: I would suggest you to check the following settings.

a: Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

b: Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click
    Internet Options.

c: Click the Security tab, click on Internet, and then click the
    Custom level button.

d: Scroll down to the Downloads category, and set File download to
    enable.

Method 2: I would suggest you to open Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer:

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

If you are using Microsoft Edge follow the steps below.

Steps to Reset Edge:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.
    Do let us know if the download images are saving in correct extension. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

How do I tell Internet Explorer 11 to always save (only save) a certain filetype without asking me first?

Hi Ladislav,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to automatically save a file in Internet Explorer 11:

• In Internet Explorer 11, you'll have to click first on a file of the type you want to open automatically.
    • This will show you the Open/Save prompt.
    • Select the Save option.
    • In Internet Explorer, click Tools.
    • Click the View Download options.
    • You will see a popup containing the file that you downloaded.
    • Make sure to uncheck the option "Always ask before opening this type of file."

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Saving from Internet Browers - Similar Threads - Saving Internet Browers

2. Can't move brower window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move brower window: I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. My Microsoft Edge browser is snapped to the left-hand side of the screen, and I cannot make it fill the screen unless I use full-screen mode, which I don't want, as I like to see the task bar. This problem cropped up a week or so...
  3. Block file saving from Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block file saving from Internet.: I cannot save a file from internet with all browers I tried - Chrome, Edge, Whale.A temporary file seems to be appread in download folder but removed imediately.There is no message about blocking file. Re-install browers did not help to solve the problem, disable windows...
  4. Block file saving from Internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block file saving from Internet.: I cannot save a file from internet with all browers I tried - Chrome, Edge, Whale.A temporary file seems to be appread in download folder but removed imediately.There is no message about blocking file. Re-install browers did not help to solve the problem, disable windows...
  5. Brower cookies and onedrive

in Browsers and Email
    Brower cookies and onedrive: One drive will not let me log in, message says my browser will not accept cookies. problem is all my browsers are NOT set to deny cookies, in Edge, Firefox. and Chrome. what can I do? 154420
  6. brower malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    brower malware: Im having some serious issue with my browsers chrome, mic. edge. Whenever i search somth in google its redirecting to bing with weird double loading. I contacted windows regarding potential viruses on my computer, they said i have to reset my windows. I did reset windows...
  7. Confused at the default brower

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Confused at the default brower: When I try to Google anything via Cortana, it always opens up MS Edge, even though it knows the default browser is Google Chrome. Can anyone help out? Thanks in advance!...
  8. cant download or save anything from the internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant download or save anything from the internet: after a recent automatic update of windows 10, I cant download or save anything from the internet. ran recovery to set windows back to an earlier date before the recent update. receive message that recovery wasn't successful because it couldn't access a file. need help....
  9. Fix Edge brower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix Edge brower: How I get Mircosoft edge from crashing and freezing up when trying to use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/fix-edge-brower/a9c4f8bf-c6e4-4ce9-a9a3-24ba35333048
  10. Linking Edge Browers bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Linking Edge Browers bookmarks: Hey Guys, I have a desktop PC and laptop, both with Win10 install. I have saved all my bookmarks to my Edge browser on my PC. Is there a way I can sync my Edge browser on my laptop with the bookmarks from my pc. I know Google Chrome and Opera allow this feature but I...