Windows 10: Saving HTML page to view it offline

Discus and support Saving HTML page to view it offline in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello. While opening some sites, I want to save some pages, I right click on the page and save it as "web page complete". after it saved, I have one... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Motim, May 15, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Saving HTML page to view it offline

Hello.
    While opening some sites, I want to save some pages, I right click on the page and save it as "web page complete".
    after it saved, I have one page and one folder - both same name. On double click on the page's name, windows 'edge' opens and starts loading endlessly, finally I get the page opened but coveres with sort of black-brown curtain, attached screenshot.
    Same happens when I select to open the page with any other browser
    I checked into the folder, all elements are present.
    Some help needed
    Thanks

:)

Motim, May 15, 2016
  2. AFRORACLE Win User

How to save web pages on E6

Hi,

i would like to know if it is possible to save web pages for offline viewing on Nokia E6.Thanks

AFRORACLE, May 15, 2016
  3. what web browser is best ?

The Nokia browser on my E61 is quite sufficient... only thing I miss is the ability to save pages for viewing offline.

artek---01, May 15, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Try saving the web page (complete) with a different browser?

Fafhrd, May 15, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    That's what I do, gets the page and the Folder of the same name with _files added to the name. With Internet Explorer there's another choice, save as Web page single file, format of .mht [may not open in other browsers].

Berton, May 15, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    Another option which you may or may not be interested in, is to go to Print and select 'Microsoft Print to PDF' as the printer. This will allow you to save the webpage as a PDF file.

ARC1020, May 15, 2016
  7. It looks like a mask often used for dropdown/slide menus.

Does anything happen if you just click the mask? Try top, bottom, left and right - the mask is the entire window, but the action might be limited to the definition.

You might be missing a css or java script file - there are also libraries that many sites use.
    If you edit the HTML file and search for .css and .js
    there might be external references to libraries

There might also be an internal reference to mask - not sure what that website has, so it's a best guess.

You might be able to simply comment out the area
    <!--
    comment out begins

<div>
    blah blah blah mask here
    </div>

comment out ends
    -->

make a copy of one HTML file for experimentation
    Note that the corresponding _files folder will also be copied, but the HTML in the copied file points to the original _files folder.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Saving HTML page to view it offline - Similar Threads - Saving HTML page

2. Saved offline error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved offline error: I use OneNote for Windows 10 Version 16001.14326.21090.0 on Windows 10 Home. All of a sudden OneNote started to not sync now. Right top corner says "Saved offline error. When I click on it, it reads "OneNote can't connect to the network. We'll try to sync your notes when the...
  3. Saved offline error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved offline error: I use OneNote for Windows 10 Version 16001.14326.21090.0 on Windows 10 Home. All of a sudden OneNote started to not sync now. Right top corner says "Saved offline error. When I click on it, it reads "OneNote can't connect to the network. We'll try to sync your notes when the...
  4. Saved offline error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Getting web page in basic HTML?

in Browsers and Email
    Getting web page in basic HTML?: When ever I download something it consumes all available bandwidth, since my internet speed isn't really high sometimes browsing web is not possible because it leads to "unable reach site" error, so I have to refresh few times to get page fully load. Right now I'm...
  6. I can't save html files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't save html files?: When I want to save an html file from the notepad it just doesn't save it. Does someone know why? submitted by /u/WinkyFace357 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jw0y5l/i_cant_save_html_files/
  7. Edge does not recognize html files from saved Firefox pages.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge does not recognize html files from saved Firefox pages.: Hi, I'm new to W10 & thought I'd try the new Edge browser but... 1] Edge does not recognize html files from saved Firefox pages. 2] Every time I open a new web or page & have to go thru the hamburger to reduce the magnification for the page to fit my new Asus game PC with...
  8. Saved pages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Saved pages: By taking the Microsoft edge update, will all the webpages I have bookmarked and saved carry over or no? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-pages/fc11a200-28ed-4319-975b-2c9e42303ee7
  9. Viewing and Saving Photo's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing and Saving Photo's: I have Windows 10 on my Desktop PC. I also have a external Hard Drive with many Photo's on there which I wish to open view and save onto another device. On the Hard Drive, the Photo's have a generic file name and an Internet Explorer Logo instead of the Photo. Little Help...
  10. view source of html file

in Windows 10 Support
    view source of html file: A few yeas ago I took an online course on html4. When I would make a file that would take me to a website I was able to view source to look at how it was made by viewing the various tags etc. I don't remember how I was able to do the view source, but I remember that I opened...