Windows 10: Saving image from outlook no longer works

Discus and support Saving image from outlook no longer works in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have an issue where when you open an attached picture from outlook, it won't auto save to "saved pictures." Worked fine until an update in October.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoseOlivas, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Saving image from outlook no longer works

Have an issue where when you open an attached picture from outlook, it won't auto save to "saved pictures."

Worked fine until an update in October. MS Photos is the default image handler. Used to open an email, double click the attached picture, it would open MS Photos Preview, would click "Add to" and select an album. It would then save the image in "saved pictures" automatically and add it to my desired album. Now MS Photos gives me the following:

Saving image from outlook no longer works 3473fb78-0f5f-479c-85f5-e54d88f0ac8a?upload=true.jpg

The saved pictures folder IS in the pictures folder.

Thank you

:)

JoseOlivas, Dec 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Mail App Save As Image

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download an image file.

• Enlarge the photo you want to download.
    • You will get a download option.
    • Or you can press Ctrl + S key and save.
    Or if you copy the file and want to save you can follow the steps provided below.

• Copy the file you want to download.
    • Goto Start page.
    • Type Paint.
    • Open Paint application.
    • Press Ctrl + V key.
    • And save the image file.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Saving image from outlook no longer works

Windows 10 mail image attachments cant "save as"

Hi Brambly,

As you are facing issue with the Windows 10 mail image attachments.

We have figured out and recognized that, you will not find option to
    Save, print or move
    except the Copy option available for the Windows 10 mail image attachments.

Hence I suggest you to provide the feedback as this is by latest design;

Step on how to provide feedback

• Open the image you want to copy or save.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Right hand side select the feedback option and provide feedback for the same.
    If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Saving image from outlook no longer works

1. Saving image from outlook no longer works - Similar Threads - Saving image outlook

2. Why can the snipping tool no longer save images?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can the snipping tool no longer save images?: I want to take a picture of a part of my screen and save this picture to a file.Why is this no longer possible?I press 'print screen', the snipping tool UI opens and works, but then.... there's no dialogue box or any response after I've taken the snip. I know that the snip...
  3. Why can the snipping tool no longer save images?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can the snipping tool no longer save images?: I want to take a picture of a part of my screen and save this picture to a file.Why is this no longer possible?I press 'print screen', the snipping tool UI opens and works, but then.... there's no dialogue box or any response after I've taken the snip. I know that the snip...
  4. Saving pictures from an Outlook email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving pictures from an Outlook email: Someone has emailed me one email of many pictures. The pictures are embedded in the body of the email. They aren't simply attachments. Is there a way that I can save the pictures to a hard drive all at once instead of selecting each individual one and saving it to a hard...
  5. Saving pictures from an Outlook email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving pictures from an Outlook email: Someone has emailed me one email of many pictures. The pictures are embedded in the body of the email. They aren't simply attachments. Is there a way that I can save the pictures to a hard drive all at once instead of selecting each individual one and saving it to a hard...
  6. Saving pictures from an Outlook email

7. Save Embedded Images in Outlook as PDF

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Save Embedded Images in Outlook as PDF: So I had a user suggest this, and after a (brief) Google search I didn't find anything concrete, so I wanted to ask here. Is there an add-in or a way that we can right-click an embedded image in an email (in Outlook for Desktop, Office 365 version) and print or save that...
  8. Saving an image from Rhino6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving an image from Rhino6: Heya, I'm trying to save an image from Rhino6 to my computer, and the display on the software displays that the image has been successfully saved to the drive; however when I then check my documents folder it doesn't show, but in the 'Recent Documents' section of Quick...
  9. Savings emails from Outlook to the cloud

Savings emails from Outlook to the cloud: I have upgraded my laptop and I want my saved emails to transfer over. Surely today it must be easier than exporting them to a flash drive and then importing them over? Anyway I tried this and it sent my Outlook into overdrive and caused no end of problems. The only emails...
  10. Hotlinks no longer work in Outlook.

Hotlinks no longer work in Outlook.: I'm the administrator with all permissions. I've ssearched everywhere and tried many things but nothing has worked so far. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotlinks-no-longer-work-in-outlook/b4f63e94-8379-4a86-aa4c-5e3251bb8c5e