Windows 10: Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Discus and support Saving Mail App Contacts to People in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WilliamAndersen, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them?

Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People.

Not anymore.

Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by manually adding it.

My laptop's up-to-date: Win10 and Office 365 (but I use the Mail App, not the Outlook program).

:)

WilliamAndersen, Oct 22, 2019
  2. kimstrom Win User

Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to be able to save new contacts from my emails I receive. Does anyone have a solution?

kimstrom, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User

I thought that it wasn't saving once too, but it turned out the next time one drive sync'd my system(at least I guess it was this) I was in my people app the next day.

Cliff S, Oct 22, 2019
  4. kimstrom Win User

Saving Mail App Contacts to People

I guess you are not understanding what is happening. Syncing is not the problem. I have a lot of emails that came into the MAIL app. The people who sent me those emails are NOT in my list of contacts. I do not want to re-type their email address into the PEOPLE app. As I am viewing the email of the person I want to save, I click their name, I click OPEN CONTACT because that is the only option offered. It opens the PEOPLE app. It has an icon of a disk (I am assuming that is to save) and the 3 ellipse which do nothing but raise it and the disk icon up 1 down and then if I click it again it goes down 1 line. So, I click the SAVE (disk icon). Instead of saving, it opens my existing list of contacts with a message at the top that says "Choose a Contact". I really think it is a bug. These 2 apps are very poorly designed. I am very frustrated.

kimstrom, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Saving Mail App Contacts to People

1. Saving Mail App Contacts to People - Similar Threads - Saving Mail App

2. mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?: Outlook People App allows the deletion of a recent contact.Mail People App does not allow the deletion of a recent contact?Choose a contact does not show the one I want to delete.I do not understand where a Recent Contact in the Mail People app resides in order to delete...
  3. mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?: Outlook People App allows the deletion of a recent contact.Mail People App does not allow the deletion of a recent contact?Choose a contact does not show the one I want to delete.I do not understand where a Recent Contact in the Mail People app resides in order to delete...
  4. Sort contact list in People app in Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sort contact list in People app in Mail: I want to sort the contact list in People on "Last Name". Whenever I change the options for sort order and display name order, these always return to "First Name" and the order is not changed. I cannot find a way to make it stick.Is there somewhere a hidden setting or...
  5. Windows 10 mail old contacts appear that are not in the People App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail old contacts appear that are not in the People App: Hi there, I've moved to Windows 10 and when using the Mail app, I type in part of an email address or shortcut name such as "dad" and it gives me an email address that is out of date - not by days or months but years! I've looked in the People app and filtered out all the...
  6. People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail

People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail: Hi, I have been trying to make a group contact in the people app but it won't save the emails. It creates the contact card but it won't save the emails to it. When I create it it says the emails are there but then they disappear when I search for it later. Tried making just...
  7. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  8. Upload contacts to Windows People / Windows mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Upload contacts to Windows People / Windows mail app: Hi all, In my organization we are using Intranet mail and i configured one mail in windows mail app now i want to upload contacts in Mail / People app from csv file without using microsoft account. Please do the needful.....
  9. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0
  10. Windows 10 Mail, changing contact in people app not reflected in mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail, changing contact in people app not reflected in mail: Hello everyone, My problem is that I have a contact with the wrong name. Lets say "Jane" and I have hundreds of emails from that address, but now I want to change her name to be correct. If I go to people app, find the profile and change the name, the change is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail unable to add email address to people