Windows 10: Saving manual restore points

Discus and support Saving manual restore points in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi i sometimes create a manual restore point, before I make certain changes, is there any way to save these or prevent them being deleted ? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by reddwarf4ever, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Saving manual restore points

Hi

i sometimes create a manual restore point, before I make certain changes, is there any way to save these or prevent them being deleted ? Thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Nov 22, 2020

2. creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Creating a manual restore point in Windows 10

Thanks Alan

So what does "type a description to make a manual restore point mean".

robin hood 1, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Saving manual restore points

where is the "System Restore Points" saved?

Hello All:

System-Restore-Points can be created automatically by system or manually

by myself.

If I want only to take a look at the lists of restore-point, where can I find them?

--Zhao

HonglinZhao, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Saving manual restore points

1. Saving manual restore points - Similar Threads - Saving manual restore

2. Manual Restore Point is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual Restore Point is not showing: Hi My computer starts with a restore point which was created by me. However, after a few months when I check that restore point, only the system-created restore point is displayed. Is this the way it works?. Can i turnoff the system creating restore point...
  3. Manual Restore Point is not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual Restore Point is not showing: Hi My computer starts with a restore point which was created by me. However, after a few months when I check that restore point, only the system-created restore point is displayed. Is this the way it works?. Can i turnoff the system creating restore point...
  4. Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?: Downloaded files count as personal files right? Like documents, pictures, etc. and won't be removed? I don't mean games that are put into directories, just downloaded files in general. Will they be kept?...
  5. Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?: Downloaded files count as personal files right? Like documents, pictures, etc. and won't be removed? I don't mean games that are put into directories, just downloaded files in general. Will they be kept?...
  6. Manually created restore point not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manually created restore point not found: Last night I manually created a restore point, prior to installing an optional Windows feature SNB. This morning, I went to do a restore and found that there are NO restore points at all.What gives?Thanks....
  7. Disable create auto restore point /allow manual restore point creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Disable create auto restore point /allow manual restore point creation: Is this possible ? Disable create auto restore point But allow manual restore point creation ? thanks 169313
  8. Created Restore Point where saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Created Restore Point where saved: Created a restore point but now unable to locate it in the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/created-restore-point-where-saved/efe3081a-8cfa-44a9-973f-cf2b3350fc07
  9. Restore or Save Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore or Save Point: Please note my System Protection is turned on. My questions are as follows: 1. When Windows 10 updates, does Windows 10 automatically create a new system restore point prior to its update? 2. If I were to manually create a new restore point now, do I click on the Create...
  10. how to block or save a restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to block or save a restore point: The restore point has saved my time sometime specially when the machine becomes unmanageable. Unfortunately often I found the last restore point available corrupted (the first working one has been overwritten - not present in the list - ). I know in this way I loose updates...