Windows 10: Saving manual restore points

Discus and support Saving manual restore points in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi i sometimes create a manual restore point, before I make certain changes, is there any way to save these or prevent them being deleted ? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by reddwarf4ever, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Saving manual restore points

Hi

i sometimes create a manual restore point, before I make certain changes, is there any way to save these or prevent them being deleted ? Thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Nov 22, 2020

2. creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Creating a manual restore point in Windows 10

Thanks Alan

So what does "type a description to make a manual restore point mean".

robin hood 1, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Saving manual restore points

where is the "System Restore Points" saved?

Hello All:

System-Restore-Points can be created automatically by system or manually

by myself.

If I want only to take a look at the lists of restore-point, where can I find them?

--Zhao

HonglinZhao, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Saving manual restore points

1. Saving manual restore points - Similar Threads - Saving manual restore

2. Disable create auto restore point /allow manual restore point creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Disable create auto restore point /allow manual restore point creation: Is this possible ? Disable create auto restore point But allow manual restore point creation ? thanks 169313
  3. Created Restore Point where saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Created Restore Point where saved: Created a restore point but now unable to locate it in the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/created-restore-point-where-saved/efe3081a-8cfa-44a9-973f-cf2b3350fc07
  4. Does Windows 10 automatically delete a manual restore point?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Windows 10 automatically delete a manual restore point?: I am creating Acronis full system backups every three weeks. Before I do the full backup, I create a manual restore point. If I understand how restore points work, whenever there is a Windows update, an older restore point would not be useful. A manual restore point...
  5. Restore points not saving shadow copies of files

Restore points not saving shadow copies of files: I read that restore points save files and on the user's profile that you may restore later if you delete or edit them. I've been testing this and couldn't see it working. Am I missing something? Example: - I created a restore point then edited a file in my...
  6. Restore Point on Windows 10-How to prevent manual restore point from been overwritten?

Restore Point on Windows 10-How to prevent manual restore point from been overwritten?: Dear all, I have a brand new Dell laptop G5-5590 with windows 10 Home. Recently I observed that restore point was disactivated and I decided to activate it I activated restore point only for OS drive. Next to that I set the maximum capacity of restore point at 3% ==>...
  7. Restore or Save Point

Restore or Save Point: Please note my System Protection is turned on. My questions are as follows: 1. When Windows 10 updates, does Windows 10 automatically create a new system restore point prior to its update? 2. If I were to manually create a new restore point now, do I click on the Create...
  8. Cannot find manually created System Restore Points

Cannot find manually created System Restore Points: I'm having Internet Connection issues with Microsoft, Dell Update and Chrome and want to restore system back to before use of Internet security program. One auto restore point does display but mine don't. Auto restore point failed. Is there a way to get more restore...
  9. how to block or save a restore point

how to block or save a restore point: The restore point has saved my time sometime specially when the machine becomes unmanageable. Unfortunately often I found the last restore point available corrupted (the first working one has been overwritten - not present in the list - ). I know in this way I loose updates...
  10. what is the ideal size to save restore point?

what is the ideal size to save restore point?: as seen in this image, mine is set to save with this size limit. should i increase it? i ask because few weeks ago when i tried to use restore option to revert to time when pc was working fine, and got error message and said it couldnt use it...maybe because the size i set...