Windows 10: Saving monitor/tv display settings?

Discus and support Saving monitor/tv display settings? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm looking to save my display settings for my monitors/tv whenever I switch between them or have a hotkey or program to change between the two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deenoking, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Saving monitor/tv display settings?

I'm looking to save my display settings for my monitors/tv whenever I switch between them or have a hotkey or program to change between the two settings. When I use my computer I have 2 monitors I dual screen to but when I switch to my TV I'd like to have a quick way to disconnect the 2 monitors and have it only output to my TV. Any information would be great help thanks!

submitted by /u/Deenoking
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deenoking, Jan 23, 2021

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Display settings not saving with multiple monitors

Hi,

I have 3 monitors

1. 144hz 1080p monitor (my main display)

2. 1080p monitor

3. 4k 55" TV as third monitor

Every other time I reboot, my display settings reset. I have the resolution on the first 2 monitors set to 1080p, and the third monitor set to 4k native. Windows defaults to the 4k TV as the main monitor when my settings reset, so I have to change that,
    change my main monitor back to 144hz, my desktop icons randomize over the desktop monitors and other settings I have. Is there a way to fix this so that the settings save every time?

Thanks!

Aaron Felix, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Vivian_S Win User

Saving monitor/tv display settings?

External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Saving monitor/tv display settings?

1. Saving monitor/tv display settings? - Similar Threads - Saving monitor display

2. Display settings not saving with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings not saving with multiple monitors: Hi, I have 3 monitors 1. 144hz 1080p monitor my main display 2. 1080p monitor 3. 4k 55" TV as third monitor Every other time I reboot, my display settings reset. I have the resolution on the first 2 monitors set to 1080p, and the third monitor set to 4k native....
  3. Saving Display Settings

Saving Display Settings: How do I save Display Settings? My Display Resolution was 1024-768 and now it is 1600-900 but every time I restart it, It goes back to 1024-768 and I have to go to the control panel, device manager and update my display adapter again....
  4. TV Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Monitor: I have an older 4yrs ASUS laptop which I plug into an 32" RCA TV used for my monitor. Works great!. I finally bought a 15" HP laptop and tried the same, but no display on the TV. When I shut the TV off, the laptop "beeps" so it knows it's there, just not displaying anything....
  5. Display on TV as monitor or miricast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display on TV as monitor or miricast: Windows 10, just updated, HP Pavilion Laptop, Intel I5 CPU. TV is Sony XBR55X850C Goal: Connect my laptop to the TV so I can display stuff on the TV. It is a UHD 4K TV. Problem: I have visited multiple site with a search that includes “windows 10” and keep getting...
  6. Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors: All, Didn't really see a copy for this question in the forums when I searched, but if I missed it my apologies. Okay my issue: I have a Surface Book 2 that I frequently will pair with my monitor through the use of a Microsoft Surface Dock. My issue is that I will go to...
  7. Stuck with TV set as default display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Stuck with TV set as default display: Hi, While trying to fix displaying of my desktop win10 desktop on my samsung smart tv, I set the tv as the default display. Now, when I switch the tv on, I loss control on the performance of my pc. The desktop pc shows all the icons of my desktop, but any step I do, running a...
  8. Windows Setting for displaying from multiple monitors not saving.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Setting for displaying from multiple monitors not saving.: So, I am working with an HP Pavillion dvt6-6100, Product: LM342AV. I have it running Windows 10 Pro and I am having trouble getting the computer to duplicate screens when I plug in my external monitor. It is only allowing me to show on either the external monitor or the...
  9. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display: Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In. The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display When VGA is connected to Syba VGA...
  10. Dual Monitor/TV set up turns off both displays when TV turns on

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor/TV set up turns off both displays when TV turns on: Hi guys, I have a Dell 23" monitor that i have been using on my desktop PC, i recently tried to connect my old TV with HDMI to it with HDMI to HDMI cable as a dual monitor set up or just to use as my default screen when watching movies. When I plug in my Dell monitor...