Windows 10: Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos

Discus and support Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On windows 10; I have an .MOV file that I open in Photos. I don't need to edit it at all I simply want to save it as an MP4 file. How do I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bjoeran1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. bjoeran1 Win User

Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos

On windows 10; I have an .MOV file that I open in Photos. I don't need to edit it at all I simply want to save it as an MP4 file. How do I do that?

:)

bjoeran1, Sep 7, 2018
  2. CargoX Win User

Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Jeddie Win User
    Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Thanks to Ivan & Jimbo45 for some suggestions to use another media player.

Anybody else care to offer a suggestion on why Movies and TV app is not working for MP4?
    Should I try to uninstall and then re install?

Jeddie, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos

USB doesn't display MP4 file!

I have a 300kb mix of .png, .jpg, .pdf files on a 4Gb USB drive. I added a 2Gb MP4 movie but it doesn't display in the drive files. I used CCleaner to check the drive F files .. it only shows up as 2Gb of OTHER FILES, but not in the listed files.

Any (constructive) suggestions welcome. I can't remove it as it doesn't show in the file list.

GregNeedsHelp, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos

1. Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos - Similar Threads - Saving movies MP4

2. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  3. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  4. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS movie maker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS movie maker: Hello, where can I get MS Movie Maker that would work with my Windows 10. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-movie-maker/d3ece208-6177-4754-9b5d-5c8a0e6a8b2d"
  6. MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer: Some of my MP4 files are not showing the correct movie-type of icon in Windows Explorer. This is when viewing the folder using icons of any size. If I switch to Details view then it shows correctly as a movie file. NB I think this seems to only happen with VERTICAL MP4...
  7. Unable to save a photo from the movie/tv app

Unable to save a photo from the movie/tv app: I tried the fixes from a March 2018 post, reset the movie/tv app, reset the photo app, made sure all my microsoft apps are updated and am running version 1803 of windows 10. When I try to save a photo from the movie/tv app, I get an error 'something went wrong' Is there a...
  8. MS Movies & TV

MS Movies & TV: Hi. In MS Movies & TV does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut or other method that will show me video/audio information (resolution, bitrate, audio codecs, etc) of the content that is playing? 123445
  9. Windows 10 - can't save photos from movie files

Windows 10 - can't save photos from movie files: I have mov files I want to make photos from. Microsoft Photos app is working for other functions, but when I choose "save photos" the app gets stuck on "loading" and never gets past that. I did app and system updates and all are current. Hoping I can find help here....
  10. Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem: Hello all, Running Ver 1607; As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player. When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI...