Windows 10: Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos

Discus and support Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On windows 10; I have an .MOV file that I open in Photos. I don't need to edit it at all I simply want to save it as an MP4 file. How do I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bjoeran1, Sep 7, 2018.

1. bjoeran1 Win User

Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos

On windows 10; I have an .MOV file that I open in Photos. I don't need to edit it at all I simply want to save it as an MP4 file. How do I do that?

:)

bjoeran1, Sep 7, 2018
  2. CargoX Win User

Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Jeddie Win User
    Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Thanks to Ivan & Jimbo45 for some suggestions to use another media player.

Anybody else care to offer a suggestion on why Movies and TV app is not working for MP4?
    Should I try to uninstall and then re install?

Jeddie, Sep 7, 2018
  4. GregNeedsHelp Win User

USB doesn't display MP4 file!

I have a 300kb mix of .png, .jpg, .pdf files on a 4Gb USB drive. I added a 2Gb MP4 movie but it doesn't display in the drive files. I used CCleaner to check the drive F files .. it only shows up as 2Gb of OTHER FILES, but not in the listed files.

Any (constructive) suggestions welcome. I can't remove it as it doesn't show in the file list.

GregNeedsHelp, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos - Similar Threads - Saving movies MP4

2. Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video: Both of the open and both allow editing. But when I click save a Copy, neither will allow me to save to xxx_trim.mp3 file (default) or another .mp3 file with a new name. The screen says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file Try saving a...
  3. saved photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    saved photos: Where do my camera import photos go when they are saved. ? Also, why are there three sections in the file explorer? I save downloaded pictures from web and each time they go to a differnet file. Why is that?/ *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Photos Not Saving

Photos Not Saving: Hi, I was recently trying to look for a photo I took via the Camera app and could not find it in Libraries. I proceeded on to the Camera app and clicked on the tile in the lower right corner to open my photos. The photo was there but when I clicked onto See all Photos, my...
  5. Unediting a saved photo

Unediting a saved photo: I tried to edit a lovely photo of my family by getting rid of red eye. It didn't save a copy and now it looks like we have weird blue masks on our faces. Please help! Can this be undone as i don't have another copy and it automatically saved it as it it... I am so upset....
  6. Movie Maker from photos

Movie Maker from photos: I can't upload 2 songs for a picture presentation !!! When I enter the second song it always deletes the first. How can you have a longer photo show with music ? When I upload the second song it shows both songs, but when I click done it only saves one of the songs....
  7. Windows 10 - can't save photos from movie files

Windows 10 - can't save photos from movie files: I have mov files I want to make photos from. Microsoft Photos app is working for other functions, but when I choose "save photos" the app gets stuck on "loading" and never gets past that. I did app and system updates and all are current. Hoping I can find help here....
  8. Cropping and saving photos

Cropping and saving photos: Hi I cannot save a copy of photos after cropping them. Have clicked on done. Will not do anything when click on save or save a copy [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/cropping-and-saving-photos/8047c1e2-cf1a-4341-9d53-445b40021894
  9. Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem: Hello all, Running Ver 1607; As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player. When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI...
  10. Saving photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving photos: I really liked MS Photo Editor with previous Windows versions. It easily allowed me to save, edit and compress pictures. As I understand it MS PE is not compatible with Windows 10. I really dislike PHOTOS that came with Windows 10 because in order to save an image I have...