Windows 10: Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts

Discus and support Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've created 5 "Desktop" screens setup for use between 3 monitors. For example: I have Chrome open in "Desktop 1" on Monitor 1. I have Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ARNK, May 16, 2017.

1. ARNK Win User

Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts

I've created 5 "Desktop" screens setup for use between 3 monitors.

For example: I have Chrome open in "Desktop 1" on Monitor 1. I have Microsoft Edge & Photoshop open on Monitor 2 on "Desktop 1". And lastly, on "Desktop 1" I have my Gmail inbox open on Monitor 3.

Now imagine a scenario like this for the other 4 "Desktop" screens between the 3 monitors.

As you can imagine resetting the browsers, browser tabs, apps, pages, files & other media after every restart would be a nightmare. Please tell me there's a way that I can save a preset to initialize each Desktop/Monitor in the event of crashes, restarts, updates, freezes, or the myriad of other problems that can occur with Windows.

If you're unsure what I mean by "Desktops", check out the following screenshot. Each Desktop at the bottom of the page has information spread among 3 monitors.

Kind regards!

:)

2. Can i have the same preview layout like window 10 slideshow lock screen on window 10 slideshow desktop background ?

The preview layout for lock screen and desktop background slideshow is different. im not talking to the display change by time interval. of cause i know this function by selected a folder with multiple picture.

im talking to the preview layout per display:

lock screen slideshow : contain multiple picture in one display (tile layout).

desktop background slideshow : only one picture display.

aиđчтнuиg'sнєяє, May 16, 2017
  3. Can i have the same preview layout like window 10 slideshow lock screen on window 10 slideshow desktop background ?

Can i have the same preview layout like window 10 slideshow lock screen on window 10 slideshow desktop background ?

The layout i mention is actually slideshow with multiple different picture in random size from a folder ... (happening in window 10 lockscreen slideshow preview) .

i wish i have that kind of preview layout in window 10 desktop background as well.

Is that possible ?

Thank you in advance =)

aиđчтнuиg'sнєяє, May 16, 2017
  4. jongraphs Win User

+1 I have the same question. Come on, gotta be an answer to this!

jongraphs, Aug 1, 2017
  5. Fanatikus Win User
    Hi,

I would also really appreciate of somebody could find a solution to this. Thank you.

Fanatikus, Aug 6, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    There is a 3rd party Desktop creator. It hasn't been updated for a while, yet it still does everything I need. I use it all the time, because of the customizations you are able to do in it. It's called Dexpot.

In that app, I believe you can actually set it to have certain programs to open in each desktop when you right click on the Notification Icon and press Configure Desktops. Then on top, press the Start-up tab.

I have it set up to access 2 Desktops with the mouse and a keyboard hotkey that I set within the program.

I would say that I would definitely recommend this app if you use multiple Desktops.

pepanee, Aug 7, 2017
  7. Fanatikus Win User
    Dexpot works great with all the options I needed, thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Fanatikus, Aug 7, 2017
  8. pepanee Win User

You're welcome. It has many different options for you to adjust in there to make it as custom as possible for your most productive accessibility.

I'm an advanced computer user, and I really have a non-preference for most of any 3rd party program, unless completely necessary. Dexpot is one of those apps that just rarely happens to be a 3rd party app that I see as a requirement for simplicity and productivity on a computer.

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts - Similar Threads - Saving Multiple Desktop

2. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving or locking desktop icons layout: Hi, Do you know,trustworthy free of charge or paid third party solution to save the desktop icons layout in Windows 10 and 11. Even locking the desktop icons layout will help me. But in the "lock solution" the layout should not be automatic, it must stay locked as I had...
  3. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving or locking desktop icons layout: Hi, Do you know,trustworthy free of charge or paid third party solution to save the desktop icons layout in Windows 10 and 11. Even locking the desktop icons layout will help me. But in the "lock solution" the layout should not be automatic, it must stay locked as I had...
  4. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multiple Keyboards Layouts

Multiple Keyboards Layouts: Hi, I have a weird issue since a few months. It seems like something changed in how Windows 10 is handeling the multiple keyboards layout. My Windows display setting is set in English, as I'm used to have it this way, but I live in France, and have no choice but to use a...
  6. [Question] Is there an software that will allow me to save multiple desktop layouts and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Question] Is there an software that will allow me to save multiple desktop layouts and...: I want to have a desktop with all icons relating to video making, and a desktop related to gaming/everything else. Something that will save the layout of icons. submitted by /u/OliHazer [link] [comments]...
  7. Save desktop (win+tab) and window layout

Save desktop (win+tab) and window layout: i would like to save all window sizes and position also wich windows/programms are open, so i can just open everything i need by pressing 1 or two buttons instead of reopening everything from scratch. maybe even save different windows/programm layouts on differen "desktop...
  8. save workspace/desktop layout

in Windows 10 Support
    save workspace/desktop layout: would be nice to open something and just have a lot of my productivity apps open the way I want them to on the desktop 126962
  9. Utility that not only SAVES desktop layout but actually RESTORES it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Utility that not only SAVES desktop layout but actually RESTORES it?: I've tried several utilities that purport to save your desktop layout and restore it when something gets messed up. They all SAVE the layout (or seem to). The problem I have is that none of them successfully RESTORE a saved layout when you need it. Indeed, trying to use...
  10. Saving multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving multiple desktops: I set up 3 distinct desktops to manage some work. I moved copies of files, etc. Everything working fine. Shut PC down for the night. When I turned PC on the next day, all of the desktops were empty! How do I save Desktops 2, 3 etc??? 49043

Users found this page by searching for:

1. save multiple desktops layouts windows 10

2. save multiple desktop layouts windows 10