Windows 10: Saving multiple desktops

Discus and support Saving multiple desktops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I set up 3 distinct desktops to manage some work. I moved copies of files, etc. Everything working fine. Shut PC down for the night. When I turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobnwtx, May 1, 2016.

1. bobnwtx Win User

Saving multiple desktops

I set up 3 distinct desktops to manage some work.
    I moved copies of files, etc.
    Everything working fine.
    Shut PC down for the night.
    When I turned PC on the next day, all of the desktops were empty!
    How do I save Desktops 2, 3 etc???

:)

bobnwtx, May 1, 2016

2. saving multiple desktops

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

Are you referring to multiple desktop from task view as mentioned in the below article?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/multiple-desktops-in-windows-10#

If yes, please be informed that, If you open a lot of programs at once, this feature allows you to keep them organized.

I.e., you can move apps between multiple desktops. Once you restart/sign-out, the applications on all these desktops will be closed. The opened files/programs will be closed.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, May 1, 2016
  3. saving multiple desktops

Yes, I have my answer.

If I understand correctly, multiple desktops are temporary features. Therefore, saving them

for long-term reference is not an option.

Thank you

BobbyBecknell, May 1, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Saving multiple desktops

I know only about Windows 7, there, each user profile/account has one desktop; you might have to create three user profiles.
    "I set up 3 distinct desktops to manage some work..." exactly what did you do to set up three distinct desktops? I would like to learn from your experience.

RolandJS, May 1, 2016
  5. bobnwtx Win User
    Sorry, don't what to tell you. I'm using Windows 10

bobnwtx, May 1, 2016
  6. RolandJS Win User
    "I set up 3 distinct desktops to manage some work." -- opening post snippit
    I was wondering what were the keyclicks, what were the steps, you took to set up 3 distinct desktops.
    Perhaps, together, we can formulate an action process to give you what you want *Smile

RolandJS, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Saving multiple desktops

1. Saving multiple desktops - Similar Threads - Saving multiple desktops

2. Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?: Is there a way to keep multiple desktops active even after shut down or restarting my computer. It seems like the multiple desktop feature only works if your computer will be on sleep mode but if you restart or shutdown, all your windows are put back into a single...
  3. Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?: Is there a way to keep multiple desktops active even after shut down or restarting my computer. It seems like the multiple desktop feature only works if your computer will be on sleep mode but if you restart or shutdown, all your windows are put back into a single...
  4. Multiple Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Desktop: For some reason if I open two or more desktops , and i stay on one deskop for a while , my pc will automatically close the applications i have running in other desktops ... Why is this so?...
  5. Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Desktops: Multiple desktops in Windows 10, how can I stop them syncing, I have turned off the syncing option in all settings. I am trying to personalise the favourite bar in each desktop on the one computer so myself and my partner can have it set up just as we like it for our...
  6. [Question] Is there an software that will allow me to save multiple desktop layouts and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Question] Is there an software that will allow me to save multiple desktop layouts and...: I want to have a desktop with all icons relating to video making, and a desktop related to gaming/everything else. Something that will save the layout of icons. submitted by /u/OliHazer [link] [comments]...
  7. Save multiple attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save multiple attachments: I have an access system attached to a sharePoint list. I am displaying attached photos (usually only 3 or 4) in a sub form and have a button on each record to allow the user to save the photo Private Sub Command147_Click() ' save photo Dim fdlg As FileDialog Dim...
  8. multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple desktops: How do I show the taskbar only on the desktop I'm using. The settings in settings don't work. The taskbar shows on all desktops even if I select only the one I'm using. If I change the taskbar, it changes and shows on all desktops....
  9. Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts: I've created 5 "Desktop" screens setup for use between 3 monitors. For example: I have Chrome open in "Desktop 1" on Monitor 1. I have Microsoft Edge & Photoshop open on Monitor 2 on "Desktop 1". And lastly, on "Desktop 1" I have my Gmail inbox open on Monitor 3. Now...
  10. Multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops: Just found the new feature (for windows anyway) of multiple desktops. This I like a lot, makes multitasking that much more easier :-) Does anyone know if there are, and if so, what are the keyboard controls? do I have to use the task bar button to create a new desktop, and...