Windows 10: Saving multiple files to same drive

Discus and support Saving multiple files to same drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am saving multiple images to the same folder, but every time a I pull up a different image to save, it redirects me back to the main drive on my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michelle Vt, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Saving multiple files to same drive

I am saving multiple images to the same folder, but every time a I pull up a different image to save, it redirects me back to the main drive on my pc instead of going directly back to most recently saved file. This only happens on certain computers. Is there a way to save a setting that will allow me to eliminate having to click through multiple drives to get to where I need to be?

Thanks,

Michelle

:)

Michelle Vt, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Cannot save files to network drives anymore

Hi Brendo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Which account was used to sign in to Office, when the user attempted to save files to the mapped drive?

This could be due to the incorrect user information used. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Open Word 2016, and navigate to
      File > Account
    • Sign out of all the accounts under User Information.
    • Restart Office, navigate to
      File > Account
    • Sign In to use the work email for user information.
    • Now, try saving the Office documents to the mapped drive.

If the issue persists, as the issue is related to Server, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet
    forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Servers to assist you with this.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 3, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Saving multiple files to same drive

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Saving multiple files to same drive

1. Saving multiple files to same drive - Similar Threads - Saving multiple files

2. Same File Path to multiple USB drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same File Path to multiple USB drives.: I have a piece of software that writes CNC programs for a machine in our factory. It saves these programs to a single location that can be set up within the software. It is currently set up to save to a network drive. We want to save these programs to USB drives that...
  3. multiple drives on same flash drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple drives on same flash drive: I just bought dell 15 5000 win 10 laptop. I used a 64 GB flash drive to create a macrium boot disk. The drive name was D. After I created the boot disk I used it to start the computer and everything went well. I removed cortana from the registry by creating a new key with...
  4. Multiple Drives - Multiple files

Multiple Drives - Multiple files: My new Dell computer comes with Windows 10 home. It is configured with a C: SSD and D: hard drive and acess to the cloud. I find this confusing and find that when updating files, I am not certain whether I am working on he D: or in the cloud. Result: identically named files...
  5. saving over multiple files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    saving over multiple files: is there a way I can save over multiple files. I want to replace 157 photos with the same picture, but keep the file name submitted by /u/kira-is-a-shinigami [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hnex9n/saving_over_multiple_files/
  6. Open multiple files at the same time?

Open multiple files at the same time?: When I R-Click on a file I can choose the Open With option to choose what program to open the file with but when I select multiple files and R-Click them the Open With option disappears. Why does that happen? Basically I want to open 5 jpeg images in Photoshop but...
  7. Changing same file text in multiple files....

Changing same file text in multiple files....: Good Day: I have many files that have the exact same text string in all of them. Below is a list of just some of the files. [ATTACH] As you can see, all the files have "MACF" in them except the very first one. Somehow, I would to be able to change the "MACF" to "MACRO"...
  8. Opening multiple files with the same extention

Opening multiple files with the same extention: I feel stupid even asking, but I used to be able to open many files with the same extension (in this case .xlsx) by selecting them all in File Explorer and hitting enter. Now it doesn't work. In Windows 10 how do you open multiple files, with the same extension, at the same...
  9. Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive: I currently have one 100MB EFI partition and I use grub to boot Windows 10, Manjaro, and Arch. I'm going to be installing macOS which requires a 200MB EFI partition. I have read though, that Windows may have issues with there being more than one EFI partition on a given disk,...
  10. Multiple files with same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple files with same name: Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been working of for a couple of days. I edited and changed the file several times and put it in two different folders. I wasn't sure...