Windows 10: Saving music files recorded from vinyl

Discus and support Saving music files recorded from vinyl in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recorded vinyl discs using AUDACITY and Exported the files as MP3 to WINDOWS. I have split albums into separate Tracks.The result is each Track... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jonathancowell, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Saving music files recorded from vinyl

I have recorded vinyl discs using AUDACITY and Exported the files as MP3 to WINDOWS. I have split albums into separate Tracks.The result is each Track saves as a separate file.If I want to play the whole Album do I aiso need to Export as one whole File ?

:)

jonathancowell, Feb 9, 2019
  2. repman244 Win User

Vinyl record sales jump 52% in 2014

That is true however if you compare the dynamic range of the recording from a vinyl and the CD the vinyl is always superior (however if the recording is crap it will sound crap and even more crap on a CD).
    You probably heard about loudness wars but that doesn't work on vinyl because you wouldn't even be able to play a very compressed vinyl.

repman244, Feb 9, 2019
  3. MilkyWay Win User
    Vinyl record sales jump 52% in 2014

Hahahaha the most laughable thing about Vinyl is that most of it is made from digital recordings these days. In the olden days music was master recorded in analog thus you got full analog quality on a Vinyl.
    I have a Garrard turntable with a decent head but i hardly use it, i just prefer to have mediamonkey on my pc play in the background because i can store a gazillion FLAC files.

MilkyWay, Feb 9, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Saving music files recorded from vinyl

recording vinyl records to usb on windows 10 via itunes. with hp desktop all in one.

Hi JimBoy

To record your Vinyl to your PC you should try Audacity, it is a powerful and easy to use, free sound processing utility and is ideal for recording and converting your Vinyl straight to MP3

https://www.audacityteam.org/

You will also need the Lame Encoder when saving files to MP3 form Audacity:

https://lame.buanzo.org/Lame_v3.99.3_for_Window...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Saving music files recorded from vinyl

1. Saving music files recorded from vinyl - Similar Threads - Saving music files

2. Record original music on flash drive from CD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record original music on flash drive from CD.: I am a musician with original songs on a SD disc than I put these songs in media player and recorded them on CD, my question is why will media player not let me record the songs from the CD onto a Flash drive help me if you can. These are not for resale but audition tools for...
  3. Record music to media players library to save for later.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Record music to media players library to save for later.: I burn CDs a lot, but I don, t know how just to install in media players library to have there to record later can you help me Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-music-to-media-players-library-to-save-for/7f6a7c57-d164-451f-a4f3-eed5b10ccee5
  4. Record music to media players library to save for later.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record music to media players library to save for later.: I burn CDs a lot, but I don, t know how just to install in media players library to have there to record later can you help me Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-music-to-media-players-library-to-save-for/7f6a7c57-d164-451f-a4f3-eed5b10ccee5
  5. Record music to media players library to save for later.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. vinyl cutter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    vinyl cutter: hi I have a vinyl cutter that I cannot get to work when I plug it in the popup says device not recognised. I had exactly the same on my old computer, except it used to work and now does not. I have tried reinstalling the software but it has made no difference. do I need a...
  7. Add album information to library for vinyl records

Add album information to library for vinyl records: We own 300 vinyl albums. Can their information be added to Windows 10 WMA. I do not have the ability to copy/rip the albums. The alternative is an Excel spreadsheet. Dropdown lists would be helpful, but I have not figured that out either. Thank you Andy...
  8. music storage and recording

music storage and recording: I have some music stored that is in "wav" format. I want to burn a disk with this music in "mp3" format so I will be able to play it on a regular cd player. Is there any way I can do this?...
  9. ION SUPERIA RECORD DECK NOT RECOGNIZED BY EZ VINYL SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ION SUPERIA RECORD DECK NOT RECOGNIZED BY EZ VINYL SOFTWARE: I have an Ion superia 7 in 1 record deck which I bought for recording my old L Ps,I downloaded the EZ vynal software on my laptop but when I go to install it I get a dialogue box saying cannot connect to audio device. I have tried everything including different usb...
  10. Sending a Recording (Music)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sending a Recording (Music): I want to download and send an MP3 recording via email. DLH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/sending-a-recording-music/bbe30b47-1106-482b-b020-3a2cb1f45bcd