Windows 10: Saving my personal settings

Discus and support Saving my personal settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to reinstall my windows for getting a fresh start using the Reset option but I want to know, is it possible for me to backup my current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vishal_09, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Vishal_09 Win User

Saving my personal settings

Hi,

I want to reinstall my windows for getting a fresh start using the Reset option but I want to know, is it possible for me to backup my current settings, so that I can restore the settings after I reinstall windows.

:)

Vishal_09, Jul 11, 2020

2. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Segun_04 Win User

Settings and personalization not saving

My settings and other personalizations do not save after I restart my pc. Also, email doesn't give notifications even though I have it set to. Please Help, this is ruining my windows experience

Segun_04, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Saving my personal settings - Similar Threads - Saving personal settings

2. Window's 11 not saving accent color or other personalization settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window's 11 not saving accent color or other personalization settings.: I have been trying to change the accent color as well as turn off the "show accent color on title bars and windows borders" setting on my laptop Asus Zephyrus G14 running windows 11 home. Every time I change the setting, it reverts to the default when I reboot. I have tried...
  3. Window's 11 not saving accent color or other personalization settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window's 11 not saving accent color or other personalization settings.: I have been trying to change the accent color as well as turn off the "show accent color on title bars and windows borders" setting on my laptop Asus Zephyrus G14 running windows 11 home. Every time I change the setting, it reverts to the default when I reboot. I have tried...
  4. W10 won't save my personal settings & won't memories my frequent words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 won't save my personal settings & won't memories my frequent words: Hello ! w10 simply don't save my data in like "run" or "search" boxes Like I must type 'cmd' every single time in RUN or type a same word in windows search boxes .... something like the "notepad" which has been pinned to the taskbar don't add my recently opened nor the...
  5. W10 won't save my personal settings & won't memories my frequent words

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 won't save my personal settings & won't memories my frequent words: Hello ! w10 simply don't save my data in like "run" or "search" boxes Like I must type 'cmd' every single time in RUN or type a same word in windows search boxes .... something like the "notepad" which has been pinned to the taskbar don't add my recently opened nor the...
  6. W10 won't save my personal settings & won't memories my frequent words

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Personalized Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalized Settings: During 2 recent updates, within a week, MS changed the font type & size in my File Explorer and Start Menu and I find this very upsetting and infuriating. Is there a place where these two setting are kept so I can copy and save them to recover my choice? From Windows 8.1...
  8. Windows 10 Saving personalized settings

Windows 10 Saving personalized settings: My Windows 10 is from a Microsoft Store purchased USB. Since installation on my desktop, two months ago, saving my personalized display settings is erratic. Most of the time, it is as if settings were not saved at shutdown/power off or they are removed at next startup. It...
  9. Saving My Personal Data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Saving My Personal Data: When my computer dies or shuts down, it wipes everything. This is a new occurrence that's happened within the past three days; I've had my computer for 3-4 years now. My computer shut down on it's own two days ago, and when I turned it back on it had set me back to default...
  10. windows update won't save personal settings

windows update won't save personal settings: I was asked to install a windows update. Now windows will not remember any of my personal settings. Every time I start up the computer, the settings go back to default. The back ground goes back to the windows graphic. The taskbar does not retain the icons I pinned to it...