Windows 10: Saving my windows 10 from old PC to new

Discus and support Saving my windows 10 from old PC to new in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Afternoon guys, my PC has been gradually slowing down but more recently the boot time has taken like 10+ minutes. It's too slow to perform any small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/a_bracadabra, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Saving my windows 10 from old PC to new

Afternoon guys,

my PC has been gradually slowing down but more recently the boot time has taken like 10+ minutes. It's too slow to perform any small task and i've been getting random restarts and blue screen of death. I have tried resetting, reverting and rereshing my version of windows but in each of those tasks it's ran into a critical process died blue screen. So i can't get it back to a basic version of windows without any junk.

I have new parts arriving tomorrow, basically replacing everything aside from the GPU, and will have a 500GB SSD to pair with my current 1TB HDD. I want to keep windows but i'm not sure how i'll windows from the HDD to boot from the new PC if it's getting BSOD. I can hardly run any tasks on the old PC it's way too slow and will probably get a BSOD. I planned to run sysprep and move it all that way but i don't know if that risks F**king up the new pc?

any help would be appreciated, thanks for reading

submitted by /u/a_bracadabra
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/a_bracadabra, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 1, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 1, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Saving my windows 10 from old PC to new

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Saving my windows 10 from old PC to new

1. Saving my windows 10 from old PC to new - Similar Threads - Saving old

2. Deleted Minecraft and want my old worlds back and now it doesn’t save my new worlds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Minecraft and want my old worlds back and now it doesn’t save my new worlds: So I deleted Minecraft for a bit and redownloaded it and all my worlds were gone but they were still in the saves folder so I looked up what to do and did a lot of things like making a new saves folder and putting the old worlds into that and it did nothing, I also read that...
  3. Deleted Minecraft and want my old worlds back and now it doesn’t save my new worlds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Minecraft and want my old worlds back and now it doesn’t save my new worlds: So I deleted Minecraft for a bit and redownloaded it and all my worlds were gone but they were still in the saves folder so I looked up what to do and did a lot of things like making a new saves folder and putting the old worlds into that and it did nothing, I also read that...
  4. Why do all my old e-mails saved on my E Drive now only open as a Calendar event? Have they...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do all my old e-mails saved on my E Drive now only open as a Calendar event? Have they...: Why do all my old e-mails saved on my E Drive now only open as a Calendar event? Have they all been irretrievably lost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-all-my-old-e-mails-saved-on-my-e-drive-now/3b9cc72e-ee88-47ce-a5a2-b876649ad985
  5. Why do all my old e-mails saved on my E Drive now only open as a Calendar event? Have they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do all my old e-mails saved on my E Drive now only open as a Calendar event? Have they...: Why do all my old e-mails saved on my E Drive now only open as a Calendar event? Have they all been irretrievably lost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-all-my-old-e-mails-saved-on-my-e-drive-now/3b9cc72e-ee88-47ce-a5a2-b876649ad985
  6. Why do all my old e-mails saved on my E Drive now only open as a Calendar event? Have they...

7. Want save my old pc hdd data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want save my old pc hdd data: I have intel core duo cpu . I want upgrade to i5 11thgen . My old pc hardware won't turn on .but i need my photos and videos in my new pc. But my hdd has windows in it, can i put it in new pc and install new window in my hdd and have my data back...
  8. Want save my old pc hdd data

Want save my old pc hdd data: I have intel core duo cpu . I want upgrade to i5 11thgen . My old pc hardware won't turn on .but i need my photos and videos in my new pc. But my hdd has windows in it, can i put it in new pc and install new window in my hdd and have my data back...
  9. Want save my old pc hdd data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. save all my old files

save all my old files: I need to know how to clone vista 32 bit to a compatible hard drive so I can transfer to a windows 10 64 bit. The Microsoft license has expired as well. Can I still do this? I still have access to all of my documents etc. Do I need to purchase a new license?...