Windows 10: Saving new store apps to a different drive

Discus and support Saving new store apps to a different drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know you can specify where apps download to. Does that mean they can be mixed up? For example I'd rather the native or basic apps don't get touched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Saving new store apps to a different drive

I know you can specify where apps download to. Does that mean they can be mixed up? For example I'd rather the native or basic apps don't get touched and stay where they are on C:, I think it's asking for trouble fiddling with those. But as my C: is a 500 gb SSD which is half full there is no way I'd download a major game title via store as today's games a ridiculous large install sizes. So could I download a game to say my secondary mechanical 3 TB drive and then specify back to C: for conventional smaller apps.

its not clear if it's an all or nothing scenario. Otherwise I'd just stick with gaming the normal way through things like steam and origin and those forgotten things called DVDs.

cheers,
    Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 5, 2016

2. how to set up preference for downloading apps in windows store in windows 10

Yes it will work for Windows Store apps. When you change the drive value of
    New apps will save to:
    to other storage location, then the apps which you download from Windows Store will be saved to that particular location. Say for example, the drive value for
    New apps will save to: is set to D: drive then what ever the apps and games you download from Windows Store will be saved to that location.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 5, 2016
  3. JasonT111 Win User
    App Storage Windows 10

I have a new HP Envy with two hard drives, c: is a 128 gb ssd and d: is a 1tb hard drive. I'm running windows 10 home edition. I can go to settings/system/storage and change the drive I want to save pictures, videos ect. on, there is a box to change where
    I want to save new apps but it won't let me change the drive. My dad has the exact same machine but is running windows 10 pro and he has the option of changing drives where new apps are stored. Is this just a difference between 10 and 10 pro or is there a
    setting I need to change that I'm over looking?

JasonT111, Nov 5, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Saving new store apps to a different drive

Hello Wayne, *Smile

Here's some more information in the tutorial below to help for this. I suppose as a workaround, you could change the storage location for apps before installing the app(s) each time to have them installed where you like. This way you could toggle installing them between drives. I haven't tested this though.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 5, 2016
Thema:

Saving new store apps to a different drive

1. Saving new store apps to a different drive - Similar Threads - Saving store apps

2. Saving to Different Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving to Different Drive: The following is a code I have to get files, folders, and subfolders from Directory G:dir /S /A-D /-C /TW > folderlist.txtI would like to modify the above code so I can save this to C:\Users\CF\Desktop...
  3. Saving to Different Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving to Different Drive: The following is a code I have to get files, folders, and subfolders from Directory G:dir /S /A-D /-C /TW > folderlist.txtI would like to modify the above code so I can save this to C:\Users\CF\Desktop...
  4. Microsoft Store app new install app different App Version

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store app new install app different App Version: Hi Am install App A over the Microsoft Store app new In intune I can see that all client got deferent app version whys that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-new-install-app-different-app/96cf86c4-4c4c-4a68-8c83-026482e2a1a9
  5. Microsoft Store app new install app different App Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store app new install app different App Version: Hi Am install App A over the Microsoft Store app new In intune I can see that all client got deferent app version whys that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-new-install-app-different-app/96cf86c4-4c4c-4a68-8c83-026482e2a1a9
  6. Microsoft Store app new install app different App Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Downloading apps in a different drive Microsoft Store

Downloading apps in a different drive Microsoft Store: Hello, im having 2 iissues. 1- i'm trying to download Phantasy Star online 2from the Microsoft store, on my second drive i have 2 drives; C andD my main drive C is full. and when i try to install the app it shows me this [ATTACH] but for some reason i cant install it on...
  8. Cannot install games on different drive or change where new apps are saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot install games on different drive or change where new apps are saved: Hello, when I tried reinstalling Forza Horizon 4 on my PC today after a reset the blue 'install' button doesn't seem to work see image. I have tried changing the standard location where new apps are saved from my C drive to my D drive but then get an error with the error code...
  9. Windows store and New apps will save to issues

Windows store and New apps will save to issues: I can no longer move my installs to any other location then my c drive. My C drive is reserved system stuff. Also under setting and storage it will not let me any SSD or nvme drives as the default location. how do i fix these please anyone....
  10. Cant install store app on different drive.

Cant install store app on different drive.: Ive already followed the steps outlined in other answers given for this question. 1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings. 2. Click on System > Storage. 3. Click on Change where new content is saved under More storage settings. 4. Select F drive using the drop...