Windows 10: SAVING PASSWORD and CORTANA

Discus and support SAVING PASSWORD and CORTANA in Cortana to solve the problem; 1) WHY are my email and passwords not saving? I have checked WINDOWS DEFENDER, SYSTEM MECHANICS, and MOZILLA to ensure I did not check them to be... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LindaMacD47, Apr 22, 2019.

1. SAVING PASSWORD and CORTANA

1) WHY are my email and passwords not saving? I have checked WINDOWS DEFENDER, SYSTEM MECHANICS, and MOZILLA to ensure I did not check them to be wiped during cleanings. But EVERY Website I bring up is blank.

2) WHY do I have to click on MICROPHONE each and every time I want to give CORTANA an instruction?

:)

LindaMacD47, Apr 22, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Cortana old password

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your situation and will certainly assist you to solve it.

There might be a possibility that your account is corrupted. So we would suggest you to check if Cortana gives the same error when run from another account. So, please follow the given steps to troubleshoot:

• In search, type cmd and right click the icon and run as administrator, then type:

Net user "Test" /add

Then hit enter

• Sign in with the test account then
      set up Cortana
      and enter your email account and follow the prompts
      it should not ask you for a password when you click on next.

Please let us know if the issue got resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet1709, Apr 22, 2019
  4. SAVING PASSWORD and CORTANA

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

SAVING PASSWORD and CORTANA

1. SAVING PASSWORD and CORTANA - Similar Threads - SAVING PASSWORD CORTANA

2. saved passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saved passwords: how do I find my saved passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/43c13393-81b2-45d8-84a5-c8c7e5c1608d
  3. Saved passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved passwords: Saved email address and passwords no longer fill in on sites. I have to reset all passwords. I have tried every trouble shoot to fix. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/6ba6ad9f-9cbe-44a7-9033-76fb29960ca1
  4. Saving passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Saving passwords: Until recently. I was able to save and store passwords necessary to access websites I visit on a regular basis. A pop-up window would appear and I would confirm my wish to save and store the password. Not only does this pop-up window no longer appear on my screen, but I now...
  5. Saving passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving passwords: Until recently. I was able to save and store passwords necessary to access websites I visit on a regular basis. A pop-up window would appear and I would confirm my wish to save and store the password. Not only does this pop-up window no longer appear on my screen, but I now...
  6. Saving passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Saved passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved passwords: How do I find saved passwords on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/6d8f2779-9ee6-4830-840b-faf52b6e1264
  8. Saved Passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Saved Passwords: How do I edit/delete individual saved passwords in the latest July 2020 Windows 10/ Edge? I have several incorrect or superseded passwords to remove, which are a distraction on login, but don't want to delete the rest. The advice that I can find does not seem to apply any...
  9. saved passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    saved passwords: how do edit the stored password that are on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/fb956883-500a-460d-8ced-c00f30c6d466
  10. save passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    save passwords: How can I reset windows to save passwords on websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-passwords/1f4f0351-91e6-4dad-96c6-1a75d386aedd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hellohttps://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement