Windows 10: Saving Passwords and User names after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Saving Passwords and User names after Windows 10 update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since updating to Windows 10, my browsers save all user names and passwords even though I don;t tell it to. I want us/pws saved so I don't want to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BovineStorm5965, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Saving Passwords and User names after Windows 10 update

Since updating to Windows 10, my browsers save all user names and passwords even though I don;t tell it to. I want us/pws saved so I don't want to turn off that function. But I also don;t want to see credit card and pw info on my computer that I would never save. What a security breach. How do I stop it but keep the saved logins I want to?

:)

BovineStorm5965, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Dutchoven Win User

Saving user name and password to my email address

Thank you SaJata for you reply.

Unfortunately these steps did not solve my problem.

It seems with Internet Explorer if you "opt out" of the first invite to save your email user name and password you don't get another go at it.

Is there a way to get another chance to save my user name and password with my vodafone.co.nz email ?

Thank you

Dutchoven, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

Before Fall Creator update shattered my Windows 10 and broke it all to hell to the point a recovery disc couldn't save it, Windows 10 Home worked fairly well for me. My HTPC had no issues on my network and allowing me to path to it from my Win 7 PC that I've been using to rip DVDs and copy them to the HTPC. No issues with no user password, it just connected.

After the forced Fall Creator's update that happened over night and everything broke. I re-installed Windows 10 and made sure it was fully updated before starting things over. Now that Windows 10 is on version 1709 my Windows 7 cannot path to the Windows 10 without a username and password. Okay fine, easily fixed on Win 7 (created passwords for the users and netplwiz to allow the main account we use to log into Windows without a password). However, every single time I restart my Win 7 computer I have to enter a username/password (because the "save credentials" check box doesn't do anything) to path to the HTPC. I can't find a workaround for fixing this issue - granted it's a minor irritant, but if I'm not home and the wife or kids want to watch a movie from the HTPC after turning on the Win 7 computer they cannot connect to it. I'm not giving them my admin account password, so they're SOL until I enter it.

neatfeatguy, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Saving Passwords and User names after Windows 10 update

How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Saving Passwords and User names after Windows 10 update

1. Saving Passwords and User names after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Saving Passwords User

2. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "The user name or passwords is incorrect.": I'm in Chrome & want to delete passwords. I click on a password and a box titled "Windows Security" pops up. Beneath it is "Google Chrome is trying to show passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this." So, I type in my Windows password and receive the message "The...
  3. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The user name or passwords is incorrect.": I'm in Chrome & want to delete passwords. I click on a password and a box titled "Windows Security" pops up. Beneath it is "Google Chrome is trying to show passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this." So, I type in my Windows password and receive the message "The...
  4. ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD: Please help Me with this, i cant access some downloads and changes. it will always direct me into this.USER ACCOUNT CONTROLDo you want to allow this app to make changes to your device ?USER ACCOUNTS CONTROL PANELVerified publisher: Microsoft WindowsCLSID:...
  5. Passwords not being saved after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Passwords not being saved after Windows 10 update: Last week my computer performed an automatic update. After the update i found that my passwords are no longer available, or being saved in the Credentials Manager. I have tried a number of things including changing the access rights to the "valt" and even deleting the...
  6. passwords and user names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    passwords and user names: Irrespective of using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome I need to sign in all programs from scratch, plugging in the user name and password, every time I turn on the computer or even sometimes when I just go out of a program and back in. This is true for all programs, eg....
  7. Passwords Not Saving Ever After Windows Update

Passwords Not Saving Ever After Windows Update: After my most recent Windows update which occurred earlier this week and was mandatory, my pc no longer saves any passwords after it is shut down and restarted. This despite me always clicking the "remember my password" box each time. This has never happened before. Other...
  8. AutoComplete/User Names & Passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AutoComplete/User Names & Passwords: I know how to change the settings, but I had previously clicked "no" on a couple of sites wanting to save my username and password. Now I want them to remember me. How can I change this? Do I need to clear the saved history and start fresh? Thank you!...
  9. administrator user name / password

administrator user name / password: I forgot my user name/password for my administrator account. How can I find this information. I need this to do different things. I have been unable to check ,fix ect. Is there resolution to this problem/...
  10. User names and Passwords

User names and Passwords: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It is set to save passwords and asks whether or not I want it to save, which I do. But when I go back to that webpage, it isn't filling in my ID & PW. What do I need to do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop win 10 from saving my Passwprds