Windows 10: Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10

Discus and support Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I take a photo on my iPhone, the photo is automatically added to the Photos app on my PC - Windows 10. But, when I save the same photo to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WilliamDavis357, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10

When I take a photo on my iPhone, the photo is automatically added to the Photos app on my PC - Windows 10.

But, when I save the same photo to the Pictures file/program, a duplicate copy is made in the Photos app.

Is there a way to stop a duplicate copy from being made ? I have tried right clicking the photo, clicking Copy,

then opening Pictures and saving, OR opening the photo, selecting "See More", clicking Save As..., then saving to

Pictures. Thank you.

:)

WilliamDavis357, Jan 30, 2019

2. Saving photos

Hi DustinHennin,

First, congratulations on being one of the first folks to get the elusive Samsung ATIV S.

Would you please elaborate as to what app you're using to view photos and what steps you're taking in order to save the photos?

For instance, if I'm in the People hub and see a pic someone posted that I want to save to my phone:

• I simply tap on the photo and it brings it to another screen.
    • Then I tap the ellipses (...) at the bottom of the screen and choose save to phone.
    • Next, I go back to my Start screen and tap on Photos.
    • Tap on albums.
    • Tap on Save Pictures.
    • My latest photo that I saved should be there at the top.

Here's some more information about
    Photos on Windows Phone

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Jan 30, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10 [​IMG]

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10

Lost Picture ID + all photo files and Touchpad

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to ask if the option to keep files and settings was selected at the time of roll back to previous version.

Also, some files may be hidden. So, I suggest you to check the size of the drive where the photos were saved. If the files are hidden, suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/ (copy & paste) the below command line.
    Attrib –h –r –s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the letter ”D” with the drive letter where the photos were saved)

Check if the photos are available.

For the ID picture on sign-in, can set it again by following the steps below:

• Go to PC Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • In the right pane, click on Browse under Add a Picture.
    • Select the desired picture and click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10

1. Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Saving photos Photos

2. Photos-Windows 10 Saving a photo from a video -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos-Windows 10 Saving a photo from a video -: I am sat here tearing my hari out. I once was able to open any video in the photos app and it had a feature to save a frame as a photo. It also had the ability to flick through every single frame... Now photos seems to open a new video editor that does not have this function...
  3. Photos-Windows 10 Saving a photo from a video -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos-Windows 10 Saving a photo from a video -: I am sat here tearing my hari out. I once was able to open any video in the photos app and it had a feature to save a frame as a photo. It also had the ability to flick through every single frame... Now photos seems to open a new video editor that does not have this function...
  4. Saving photo from a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving photo from a video: Hello!I'm having issues when I try to save a photo from a video.I get this error message:"Something Went Wrong, Please Try That Again"I already tried all the suggested solutions in this thread, but still, nothing...
  5. Saving photo from a video

Saving photo from a video: Hello!I'm having issues when I try to save a photo from a video.I get this error message:"Something Went Wrong, Please Try That Again"I already tried all the suggested solutions in this thread, but still, nothing...
  6. In Photos, can't save photo from video

In Photos, can't save photo from video: I want to save a frame from an avi video in Photos. Every time I try I get a message to try again, and to check with Microsoft Support if that doesn't work. Error message 0x80070057 Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...
  7. Transferring pictures from Windows Photos

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transferring pictures from Windows Photos: I have over 37,000 pictures on my laptop and I need to know how do I transfer these pictures from my laptop to an external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-pictures-from-windows-photos/b99c9924-d1eb-4c44-908c-426c16646c58
  8. Saving Photos in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Photos in Windows 10: Can someone please tell me how to save photos in Windows 10. I do not know how to create a file or folder and am a complete beginner in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-photos-in-windows-10/be495e7d-f834-4776-bb07-299cc5799b1a"
  9. picture viewer has a problem saveing a photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    picture viewer has a problem saveing a photos: I want to save a picture in picture viewer, I enter my security pin which I know is correct and a page comes back saying ""Something went wrong to try again later" this has been happening for months with no solution!!!! Please Help!!!!!! *** Email address is removed for...
  10. Picture/photos

Picture/photos: I have 40,000+ pictures on my computer. I want to give my kids their own pictures that they took and stored on my computer. With six kids, I can't go through 40,000 pictures six times. I want to go through them one time and move them into their own folders, then I want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. saving photos in windows 10 photo