Windows 10: Saving Photos not working in Microsoft Photos program

Discus and support Saving Photos not working in Microsoft Photos program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For ages I have been using Microsoft Photos but have suddenly encountered a problem. When working on a photo I am given the option 'Save a Copy'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidHaith, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Saving Photos not working in Microsoft Photos program

For ages I have been using Microsoft Photos but have suddenly encountered a problem.
    When working on a photo I am given the option 'Save a Copy'
    Previously this takes me to a page where I have to find the actual folder for the pictures I'm working on and then I'm given a slot to save the picture there with a name.
    But suddenly that 'Save a copy' button simply saves a copy of the photo with no option to title it. I have to go to the folder and select rename.
    I noticed that there is a drop down menu where I see 'Save a copy' which has the option 'save' but this is greyed out.
    When I go to my laptop which also has Microsoft Photos installed there is no problem and I can save to a selected folder and name the photo.
    Something has changed - please help

:)

DavidHaith, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 - defaul photo program

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As I understand that you are not able to see Photo Explosion in the list of default programs, I would suggest you to follow few steps to set Photo Explosion as your default program.

• In the search bar type Default programs and press enter

• Click on associate a file type or protocol with a program

• Select the file type which you want to associate with the photo Explosion.

• After selecting click on change programs

• Check whether you are able to see Photo Explosion in the list.
    Hope this information is useful. Do get back to us for further assistance.

Arul_D, Aug 13, 2020
  3. CargoX Win User
    Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Saving Photos not working in Microsoft Photos program

Automatic Update Made Photo Editing Not Work Correctly

This is NOT solved--just fixed.
    Microsoft ran an automated update a couple of days ago and now photo editing is not working the way it did previously. I shoot a lot of photos for a local news website and after editing, saved them with new names that help me sort--so, for example, football photos might be F1, f2, etc. After the update, when i edit a photo, it saves only as a copy of the original name (IMG4028, for example, so I get IMG4028(2). Only after I do that, do I get the "save as" option back, which means i either give up my naming convention or have two or more copies of everything.
    Any suggestions? The "save as" option does not appear in the first step anymore.

ADDED: It's the software that came bundled with the Windows 10 Edge computer--it's just the Photos app.

Thank you.

Pam Robinson, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Saving Photos not working in Microsoft Photos program

1. Saving Photos not working in Microsoft Photos program - Similar Threads - Saving Photos working

2. Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing: This is a simple nitpick I had before there was an update that changed the program. Before the update, when I was finished with editing a photo, it saved automatically with a new file without overwriting the original file. For example, a file was be named "anonymous.jpg" and...
  3. Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing: This is a simple nitpick I had before there was an update that changed the program. Before the update, when I was finished with editing a photo, it saved automatically with a new file without overwriting the original file. For example, a file was be named "anonymous.jpg" and...
  4. saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo: I have tried to save a photo from a video. It will not save and it gives the message' something went wrong'. I have repaired and reset microsoft photo. I also uninstalled and reinstalled this app. What is the fix for this issue?...
  5. saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo

saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo: I have tried to save a photo from a video. It will not save and it gives the message' something went wrong'. I have repaired and reset microsoft photo. I also uninstalled and reinstalled this app. What is the fix for this issue?...
  6. scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos": How can a photo, jpg or other, be scaled to fit to page when printing in Microsoft's "Photos" app. The choice "Fill" -> "Fit Page" does not do that....
  7. scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos"

scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos": How can a photo, jpg or other, be scaled to fit to page when printing in Microsoft's "Photos" app. The choice "Fill" -> "Fit Page" does not do that....
  8. Microsoft Photo's will not save the photo after cropping.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo's will not save the photo after cropping.: After cropping a photo it will not let me save the cropped photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-will-not-save-the-photo-after/b9fc3849-7720-4e16-9801-16532ae0db49
  9. Microsoft Photos is not saving edits

Microsoft Photos is not saving edits: In photos if I make a crop that saves fine and opens in other programs and uploads online as cropped BUT color and exposure changes do not. It acts like it's saving but when opened in another program or uploaded it looks like nothing was done. When reopened in photos it shows...
  10. Saving photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving photos: I really liked MS Photo Editor with previous Windows versions. It easily allowed me to save, edit and compress pictures. As I understand it MS PE is not compatible with Windows 10. I really dislike PHOTOS that came with Windows 10 because in order to save an image I have...