Windows 10: Saving photos

Discus and support Saving photos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I really liked MS Photo Editor with previous Windows versions. It easily allowed me to save, edit and compress pictures. As I understand it MS PE is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jim Perry, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Jim Perry Win User

Saving photos

I really liked MS Photo Editor with previous Windows versions. It easily allowed me to save, edit and compress pictures. As I understand it MS PE is not compatible with Windows 10.

I really dislike PHOTOS that came with Windows 10 because in order to save an image I have to EDIT -> ENHANCE (or something else like CROP) be=fore the SAVE AS comes up.

Is there a way to do what MS PE did so easily?

:)

Jim Perry, Sep 4, 2016

2. Microsoft PHOTOS - Saving Enhanced photos

I am using Windows 10 on a 64 bit desktop.

The auto Enhance Button in The PHOTOS app makes the photos look stunning and gorgeous in one stroke without having to play around individually with brightness, contrast or color settings.

However, it does NOT save the enhanced photos. Although there is are SAVE and SAVE A COPY buttons at the bottom, the enhancements as seen on the screen are NOT saved.

Appreciate any solution to this.

(Note: I tried many different photo apps - Aviary, Pixlr, Photoscape, etc... None of them have the one touch enhance like the Microsoft PHOTOS. Any auto button are just minor improvement only).

Thanks!

AmarGupta2000, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Microsoft PHOTOS - Saving Enhanced photos

Nope. No one was able to solve this for me. I think it works only as long as you are within the Microsoft ecosystem.

I solved my issue by asking everyone I shared the album to open it in OneDrive. In essence giving in to Microsoft's aspirations.

It it is really sad that there are no commercially available software or app that can do the same magical one click enhancement so nicely. I must have tried a dozen different ones in Cain - and they all seem to be designed for pros.

My orignal photos did not get corrupted though..

AmarGupta2000, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Grizzly Win User

Saving photos

Grizzly, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

Saving photos

1. Saving photos - Similar Threads - Saving photos

2. Where are markup photos saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are markup photos saved?: Windows 10 can't even find the edited photo that I just saved. How am I, since no one - even the Microsoft representative's answer - knows where it is saved, to find it? The Microsoft representative suggested, to someone, that they open File Explorer, look to the left panel,...
  3. Where are markup photos saved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are markup photos saved?: Windows 10 can't even find the edited photo that I just saved. How am I, since no one - even the Microsoft representative's answer - knows where it is saved, to find it? The Microsoft representative suggested, to someone, that they open File Explorer, look to the left panel,...
  4. Where are markup photos saved?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.: All my edited photos are being saved into "Gallery", instead of them going back into the folder that they came from. This means I have to cut them individually and paste them into "Pictures" where they show up at the bottom of all my photos folders and from there I have to...
  6. Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.

Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.: All my edited photos are being saved into "Gallery", instead of them going back into the folder that they came from. This means I have to cut them individually and paste them into "Pictures" where they show up at the bottom of all my photos folders and from there I have to...
  7. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  8. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  9. Unable to Save Changes Photos app error in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to Save Changes Photos app error in Windows 11: [IMG]After you finish editing an image, if you receive an Unable to Save Changes error in the Photos app in Windows 11 when you try to save the image, then this post will help you Unable to Save Changes. There was an error while saving. Please try again later. This issue...
  10. The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...: The error I'm getting is "Unable to save There was an error while saving. Please try again later." This app works on my other devices just not on my PCI'm on windows 10 and the same problem persisted after I upgraded to windows 11...