Windows 10: Saving photos

Discus and support Saving photos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I really liked MS Photo Editor with previous Windows versions. It easily allowed me to save, edit and compress pictures. As I understand it MS PE is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jim Perry, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Jim Perry Win User

Saving photos

I really liked MS Photo Editor with previous Windows versions. It easily allowed me to save, edit and compress pictures. As I understand it MS PE is not compatible with Windows 10.

I really dislike PHOTOS that came with Windows 10 because in order to save an image I have to EDIT -> ENHANCE (or something else like CROP) be=fore the SAVE AS comes up.

Is there a way to do what MS PE did so easily?

:)

Jim Perry, Sep 4, 2016

2. Microsoft PHOTOS - Saving Enhanced photos

I am using Windows 10 on a 64 bit desktop.

The auto Enhance Button in The PHOTOS app makes the photos look stunning and gorgeous in one stroke without having to play around individually with brightness, contrast or color settings.

However, it does NOT save the enhanced photos. Although there is are SAVE and SAVE A COPY buttons at the bottom, the enhancements as seen on the screen are NOT saved.

Appreciate any solution to this.

(Note: I tried many different photo apps - Aviary, Pixlr, Photoscape, etc... None of them have the one touch enhance like the Microsoft PHOTOS. Any auto button are just minor improvement only).

Thanks!

AmarGupta2000, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Microsoft PHOTOS - Saving Enhanced photos

Nope. No one was able to solve this for me. I think it works only as long as you are within the Microsoft ecosystem.

I solved my issue by asking everyone I shared the album to open it in OneDrive. In essence giving in to Microsoft's aspirations.

It it is really sad that there are no commercially available software or app that can do the same magical one click enhancement so nicely. I must have tried a dozen different ones in Cain - and they all seem to be designed for pros.

My orignal photos did not get corrupted though..

AmarGupta2000, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Grizzly Win User

Saving photos

Grizzly, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

Saving photos

1. Saving photos - Similar Threads - Saving photos

2. Saving Edited photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving Edited photos: Sometimes, but not always when I edit a picture and go to save it, the program seems to stop, it spins and spins as if it is trying to save but never accomplishes it. What can I do to fix this? Jamie...
  3. How Can I Keep My Saved and Shared Photos Private?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can I Keep My Saved and Shared Photos Private?: All of my saved graphics and photos have a red square in the upper left-hand corner that allows anyone receiving a photo I want to share or post with the ability to see all of my photos. How do I turn off this feature? Thank you so much if you know, because it is driving me...
  4. Viewing and Saving Photo's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing and Saving Photo's: I have Windows 10 on my Desktop PC. I also have a external Hard Drive with many Photo's on there which I wish to open view and save onto another device. On the Hard Drive, the Photo's have a generic file name and an Internet Explorer Logo instead of the Photo. Little Help...
  5. How to Save Personal Photo from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Save Personal Photo from Lock Screen: I have this fantastic photo as the lock screen of my laptop, but I can't find the file location on my computer. It is a photo that I uploaded to my computer several years ago and not a stock Microsoft image. I figure, if it's the current lock screen for when I enter my PIN...
  6. moving Photos saved in bing to my photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving Photos saved in bing to my photo app: I just saved some pictures I found in Bing. I'd like to Use them in FaceBook for my cover photo as a slide show. One can that be done. Two will they have to be transferred to my photo app. If so how is that done....
  7. photos doesnt save my edits

photos doesnt save my edits: I have an almost new HP. Photos suddenly doesn't save my edits on an album. I have lost my editing three times now. It saved automatically before. Now it doesn't. Control save does not save either. I also cannot finish the album or export it or copy it. I have plenty of...
  8. Since Microsoft made some kind of download every time I try to edit photos and save or move...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since Microsoft made some kind of download every time I try to edit photos and save or move...: Since Microsoft made some kind of change in their update, every time I try to edit photos and save or move my photos to my website it freezes my computer and I have to reboot. What did you do? It doesn't matter whether I use Edge or Chrome....
  9. Saving resized photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving resized photos: I've downloaded photos from my camera using windows 10. When I zoom in and "save as" and then open them again they have reverted to their original size. How do I overcome this please?...
  10. Where are my snip and save photos put?

Where are my snip and save photos put?: Where are my snip and save phots put? HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-snip-and-save-photos-put/7aea4399-8a79-473d-9849-9ffd59086b40