Windows 10: Saving photos

Discus and support Saving photos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I really liked MS Photo Editor with previous Windows versions. It easily allowed me to save, edit and compress pictures. As I understand it MS PE is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jim Perry, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Jim Perry Win User

Saving photos

I really liked MS Photo Editor with previous Windows versions. It easily allowed me to save, edit and compress pictures. As I understand it MS PE is not compatible with Windows 10.

I really dislike PHOTOS that came with Windows 10 because in order to save an image I have to EDIT -> ENHANCE (or something else like CROP) be=fore the SAVE AS comes up.

Is there a way to do what MS PE did so easily?

:)

Jim Perry, Sep 4, 2016

2. Microsoft PHOTOS - Saving Enhanced photos

I am using Windows 10 on a 64 bit desktop.

The auto Enhance Button in The PHOTOS app makes the photos look stunning and gorgeous in one stroke without having to play around individually with brightness, contrast or color settings.

However, it does NOT save the enhanced photos. Although there is are SAVE and SAVE A COPY buttons at the bottom, the enhancements as seen on the screen are NOT saved.

Appreciate any solution to this.

(Note: I tried many different photo apps - Aviary, Pixlr, Photoscape, etc... None of them have the one touch enhance like the Microsoft PHOTOS. Any auto button are just minor improvement only).

Thanks!

AmarGupta2000, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Microsoft PHOTOS - Saving Enhanced photos

Nope. No one was able to solve this for me. I think it works only as long as you are within the Microsoft ecosystem.

I solved my issue by asking everyone I shared the album to open it in OneDrive. In essence giving in to Microsoft's aspirations.

It it is really sad that there are no commercially available software or app that can do the same magical one click enhancement so nicely. I must have tried a dozen different ones in Cain - and they all seem to be designed for pros.

My orignal photos did not get corrupted though..

AmarGupta2000, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Grizzly Win User

Saving photos

Grizzly, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

Saving photos

1. Saving photos - Similar Threads - Saving photos

2. Oops! We couldn’t save that one – Windows 10 Photos App

in Windows 10 News
    Oops! We couldn’t save that one – Windows 10 Photos App: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Photos app on Windows 10 feels to be one of the most underrated components. I think it deserves a whole lot of traction just because of some many handy and smart features it offers. But sometimes when someone [...] This post Oops! We couldn’t save...
  3. How do I save only the edited photos and hide the originals in Windows Photo app once I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I save only the edited photos and hide the originals in Windows Photo app once I...: While I am only an amateur photographer, I love capturing what I experience, edit the photos to make them better, and save them for printing, sharing, or etc. HOWEVER, Windows repeatedly saves EVERY photo I take, keeps the original, edited versions, after every import. I...
  4. drawing on a photo in Windows 10 photo app but not save it as a living image please

drawing on a photo in Windows 10 photo app but not save it as a living image please: Hi! I frequently draw on photos on my Surface using the pen in Windows 10 Photos. When I save that it creates a little film of the sketch witch is shown, when I watch the picture on the same viewer and the picture is more then the double the size as a file. I think it's...
  5. Saving photos in email sent from iphone

in Browsers and Email
    Saving photos in email sent from iphone: Every .jpg file I receive in outlook is accompanied by an untitled attachment text file when it's sent from an iphone . EX : image.jpg Untitled Attachment xyz.txt . Many times I get emails with 20 photo attachments from relatives on vacation . Saving the photo attachments...
  6. Camera App accessed by CameraCaptureUI is not saving photos

Camera App accessed by CameraCaptureUI is not saving photos: When calling the CameraCaptureUI, the Camera app showed up as intended and I was able to click on the take photo button. But when the button was clicked the camera screen greys out and no image were saved. This affect all Panasonic Toughpads devices with Win 10 Enterprise...
  7. Cannot save photos from camera app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot save photos from camera app: I am unable to save photos because I receive an error saying that this photo is not saved. I tried to fix it but the pops up with an error message shows up again and again. Help me because it is really annoying not be able to save taken photos. ( camera app on Surface Book 2)...
  8. Windows photos app unable to save slow motion. Something went wrong error

Windows photos app unable to save slow motion. Something went wrong error: I import a large (1,5 Gb) slow motion video from my iphone. Do it through explorer as the photos app is unable to import anyting (did all the troubleshooting). Edit the viseo, try to save and then it says "something went wrong". What I did: 1) Updated everything 2) Ran...
  9. How do I change a save location when uploading photo/videos from a phone to a computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change a save location when uploading photo/videos from a phone to a computer?: So I have my phone set to upload to OneDrive, but I want to change it so that it can upload to microsoft photos instead, but I don't now how to do it! How do I do it?...
  10. Photos App - Albums saved. Can I convert Slideshow to Scrteensaver ?

Photos App - Albums saved. Can I convert Slideshow to Scrteensaver ?: I have Albums saved to Microsoft Driver and on Photo app. But they will not transfer to Lockscreen or Background Screensavers. I have tired of trying now. Can I use the Slideshow feature on Photos app as a Screensaver ? In otherwords, have it running in background or...