Windows 10: Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing

Discus and support Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the past, I have been able to use a USB card reader to view, edit and save photos from my camera's SD card. However, for several months now, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LarryGrubbs, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing

In the past, I have been able to use a USB card reader to view, edit and save photos from my camera's SD card. However, for several months now, when I try to save a photo after editing in W10 Photos, it gets stuck at "Saving....". This is the case whether I'm saving over the original or saving a copy. If I exit Photos, I find that the picture has been saved correctly. Could this be a setting issue or a hardware problem?USB 3.1 Type C card readerWindows 10 Photos, Version 2021.21090.10008.0HP Pavilion 1411th Gen Intel Core ¡7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz16 GB RAMWindows

:)

LarryGrubbs, Jan 24, 2022

2. card reader

Hi Sam,

To isolate this concern, have you tried adding the card reader to folder as the source file in Photo app? If no, please add it by following the steps below:

• Open Photo app.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Add a folder under Sources.
    • Choose the card reader folder.
    • Click Add this folder to Pictures.

Once done, please check if you can now access the card reader photos.

Keep us posted.

Charianne Per, Jan 24, 2022
  3. zplugger Win User
    INTERNAL MULTIPLE CARD READER

Have older case and want to add new card reader,must have usb 3.0 on it. Any good suggestions?

zplugger, Jan 24, 2022
  4. jekiboi20 Win User

Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing

c3-00 camera not saving picture

Hi hatemzahran,

Try the suggestions below:

• Verify where the pictures are saved when taking a picture. If it's in a memory card, verify that there is enough space.
    • Change the memory used to save the pictures. If it's the memory card, change it to the C: memory.
    • If when changing the preference back to the memory card it still shows the error, remove the memory card and reinsert it.
    • If that doesn't work, save the files available on the memory card in a PC and format the memory card (the error may be related to corrupted files).

jekiboi20, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing

1. Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing - Similar Threads - Saving pictures USB

2. Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing: In the past, I have been able to use a USB card reader to view, edit and save photos from my camera's SD card. However, for several months now, when I try to save a photo after editing in W10 Photos, it gets stuck at "Saving....". This is the case whether I'm saving over the...
  3. Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving pictures from USB card reader after editing: In the past, I have been able to use a USB card reader to view, edit and save photos from my camera's SD card. However, for several months now, when I try to save a photo after editing in W10 Photos, it gets stuck at "Saving....". This is the case whether I'm saving over the...
  4. USB and card reader stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB and card reader stopped working: Both USB ports and card reader stopped working after an update. They do not show up anywhere. I've tried uninstalling USB devices and then restarting. No change. Multiple beeps on startup as when something is connected or disconnected from one of them, but nothing...
  5. USB CF Card reader

USB CF Card reader: I am a photographer and have been using my CF Reader for a while. All of a sudden windows stop seeing it. I have replaced reader with a new one , tried with other cards , and even tried on my surface which gets same updated as my PC. I have unistalled USB drivers an windows...
  6. External USB card reader is not working

External USB card reader is not working: Dears, I have 2 windows laptops and I have a USB memory card reader. On one laptop it works fine while on the other laptop windows can even detect it. What is the problem and how can I fix it? I would be grateful for any help. Thank you...
  7. USB Card Reader Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Card Reader Issue: no longer functioning WIN 10 plugged in to USB network port on HP All in one Stopped working 10 days ago...WIN update issue? Saw a security ERROR warning - reconnecting to Z:...SMB2 protocol Connection not restored? How to fix...troubleshooting has not worked...
  8. USB card reader keep disconnecting

USB card reader keep disconnecting: Hello! I have a USB card reader that I use with a Micro SD card to record my favorite series from a DVB-T set-top box when at work so I can watch it later. While recording it works OK due probably to the low data rate required. The problem arises when I connect it to my...
  9. Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader

Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader: hello, When I was viewing my windows 10 updates I saw some unusual update history of my Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader, (see attachments)I very rarely use this on my Dell Inspiron ONE but thought I would just check it out, and it did of course not work, I tried to find the...
  10. usb card reader?

usb card reader?: i copied files to my card reader ,can you tell me why some files are visible & some are not? thanks it shows they are on there . 88733