Windows 10: Saving Pictures

Discus and support Saving Pictures in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having trouble saving pictures to my "Pictures" folder. I right click on the picture sent to me via e-mail, Facebook, etc I click "Save Link As".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JayTaunton, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Saving Pictures

I am having trouble saving pictures to my "Pictures" folder. I right click on the picture sent to me via e-mail, Facebook, etc I click "Save Link As". I rename the picture and try to save it to my "Pictures" Folder. It says that I do not have permission to save to that folder so I have to save it to "Documents". What is going on? Why can I not save it to my "Pictures" Folder? I have saved a lot of pictures to it before. Why do I not have permission? It is my computer. How do I give myself permission to save it to my "Pictures" folder? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jay

:)

JayTaunton, Nov 1, 2015
  2. Grvsng Win User

MMS - Finding Pictures

Hi
    DougEK,

Any picture you share or download or save all are saved in saved picture folder.

album>saved picture.

when you receive picture via mms tap hold on the picture and it will promt for save. Save it and you will find it in saved picture folder.

Regards,

Gaurav

Grvsng, Nov 1, 2015
  3. Saving Pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes or settings changes prior to this issue?
    • Is this issue only particular to picture file?
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 1, 2015
  4. eddard Win User

Saving Pictures

Try "save image as", rather than saving the link.

eddard, Nov 1, 2015
  5. I do not have the option to "Save Image As".

Jay

JayTaunton, Nov 2, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    What web browser are you using?

Ztruker, Nov 2, 2015
  7. Just about every browser has this option.

IE:

Saving Pictures [​IMG]

Edge:

Saving Pictures [​IMG]

Chrome:

Saving Pictures [​IMG]

Firefox:

Saving Pictures [​IMG]

Opera:

Saving Pictures [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Nov 2, 2015
  8. Saving Pictures

I am using Chrome and I figured out how to get the option "Save Image As". I had to click on the picture and it gave me that option. However, It will still not let me save a picture to my "Pictures" folder. I get a message saying that I do not have "Permission" to save it to that folder. What is the problem????? I can never add pictures to my "Pictures" folder again. I saved a lot of photos to it before. I have right clicked on my "Pictures" folder and went to all of the Permissions and everything seems to be right. Every block is checked. Can a more computer savvy person help me out?

Jay

JayTaunton, Nov 3, 2015
  9. strollin Win User
    strollin, Nov 3, 2015
  10. YOU
    You Win User
    need to take ownership of pictures folder then give rself permissions to it:
    1. Open Run dialog (press Windows key+R on r keyboard).
    2. Type %userprofile% and click OK.
    3. Right click My Pictures folder and click Properties.
    4. Go to Security tab.
    5. Click Advanced button.
    6. Click Change next to Owner.
    7. Type r username and click Check Names.
    8. Click OK.
    9. Click OK again.
    10. Click Edit.
    11. Click Users at the top of the window and check Full Control at the bottom.
    12. Click Administrators at the top of the window and check Full Control at the bottom.
    13. Click OK.
    14. Click OK.

11. I really don't remember my user profile. I think I do. Do I need to put in the % signs?

Jay

JayTaunton, Nov 3, 2015
  12. I followed your instructions and It finally started working. I can now save pictures to my "Pictures" folder.
    Thanks a lot,
    Jay

JayTaunton, Nov 6, 2015
  13. YOU
    You Win User

Saving Pictures

're welcome! Glad to help!

Thema:

Saving Pictures

1. Saving Pictures - Similar Threads - Saving Pictures

2. HEELP!! ACCOUNT PICTURE ERROR, THIS PICTURE COULDN'T BE SAVED ERROR CODE: 0x80070520

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEELP!! ACCOUNT PICTURE ERROR, THIS PICTURE COULDN'T BE SAVED ERROR CODE: 0x80070520: Error code: 0x080070520ID correlation: {943346E7-1800-48CC-8F59-F6C67BF2672A} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heelp-account-picture-error-this-picture-couldnt/67c2a7f7-1084-47e4-ba6d-89bda63ab7ee
  3. HEELP!! ACCOUNT PICTURE ERROR, THIS PICTURE COULDN'T BE SAVED ERROR CODE: 0x80070520

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEELP!! ACCOUNT PICTURE ERROR, THIS PICTURE COULDN'T BE SAVED ERROR CODE: 0x80070520: Error code: 0x080070520ID correlation: {943346E7-1800-48CC-8F59-F6C67BF2672A} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heelp-account-picture-error-this-picture-couldnt/67c2a7f7-1084-47e4-ba6d-89bda63ab7ee
  4. account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017: when you're in windows, and you click on your silhouette in the window menu and pick "change account settings" able to "browse for one", but when you "choose picture" the error pops upAccount Picture Error this picture couldn't be saved Additional problem information: error...
  5. account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017: when you're in windows, and you click on your silhouette in the window menu and pick "change account settings" able to "browse for one", but when you "choose picture" the error pops upAccount Picture Error this picture couldn't be saved Additional problem information: error...
  6. account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017

7. Surface Pro X internal Camera dont save the picture *error code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro X internal Camera dont save the picture *error code...: I use a Surface Pro X with Win 11, you would think it would be under Windowsthen everything should at least work together. It is not so! I haveOnce again the problem is that I can use the camera like thisno photos will be saved with the application. There is another oneError...
  8. Surface Pro X internal Camera dont save the picture *error code...

Surface Pro X internal Camera dont save the picture *error code...: I use a Surface Pro X with Win 11, you would think it would be under Windowsthen everything should at least work together. It is not so! I haveOnce again the problem is that I can use the camera like thisno photos will be saved with the application. There is another oneError...
  9. How to find and save Spotlight pictures?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find and save Spotlight pictures?: I want to save Windows 11 Spotlight pictures that show up in Background and Lock Screen. When I go to the Windows file: Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets, the folder is empty. Where are the Lock Screen/Background images stored if they are not in...
  10. How to find and save Spotlight pictures?

How to find and save Spotlight pictures?: I want to save Windows 11 Spotlight pictures that show up in Background and Lock Screen. When I go to the Windows file: Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets, the folder is empty. Where are the Lock Screen/Background images stored if they are not in...