Windows 10: Saving PSD files on Windows 10

Discus and support Saving PSD files on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was using Windows 7 and Photopea (online photo editor) and could save those PSD files to my computer and retrieve them.. Just got set up with windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SandeeBaum, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Saving PSD files on Windows 10

I was using Windows 7 and Photopea (online photo editor) and could save those PSD files to my computer and retrieve them.. Just got set up with windows 10 and get error messages when I try to save. Also I can't open any PSD files that currently exist. Can open and save JPG etc, Any thoughts?

:)

SandeeBaum, Apr 29, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Open a PSD file

Hi Sandy,

Right click on any psd file, choose 'Open With' - choose another app

Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open psd files'

Scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

If PS Express still does not appear in the list, scroll to the bottom and choose 'Look for another app on this PC'

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe or C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe

Find the PS Express executable and choose that

This should set the files association on the psd files for you

DaveM121, Apr 29, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Saving PSD files on Windows 10

Open a PSD file

Windows 10. I'm using the Set Default Programs item from the Default Programs control panel item to set the default associations for certain file types (you get a list of possible associations for the selected
    program from which you can pick whichever associations you want).

However, the list seems rather short compared to all the programs I have installed and somewhat arbitrary. I need to open .psd file using adobe photoshop express, but it does not appear on the list. The
    default program assigned is Paint- which is unable to open the file type. The only program option it gives me are Internet Explorer, Epson Monitor (related to my printer) or search windows store (which is a useless option). Where do I go from here?

SandyHarris1, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Saving PSD files on Windows 10

1. Saving PSD files on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Saving PSD files

2. .psd files won’t display as thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .psd files won’t display as thumbnails: I’m looking for an app that will display .psd files as thumbnails in File Explorer. I installed Sagethumbs to do this but I didn’t have a positive result. Some files displayed and done did not. Additionally, my .ai files are now without their branded Adobe icons. Looking for...
  3. .psd files won’t display as thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .psd files won’t display as thumbnails: I’m looking for an app that will display .psd files as thumbnails in File Explorer. I installed Sagethumbs to do this but I didn’t have a positive result. Some files displayed and done did not. Additionally, my .ai files are now without their branded Adobe icons. Looking for...
  4. Gray Rectangle on psd files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gray Rectangle on psd files: I dont know whats going on but my psd files now have a gray rectangle over them.It dissappears when i make the icons smaller but they werent like this before.This only happens with psd files.Whats going on, how can i fix this....
  5. Gray Rectangle on psd files

Gray Rectangle on psd files: I dont know whats going on but my psd files now have a gray rectangle over them.It dissappears when i make the icons smaller but they werent like this before.This only happens with psd files.Whats going on, how can i fix this....
  6. Gray Rectangle on psd files

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sudden BlueScreen that damaged a closed recently used and saved PSD file and restarted...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sudden BlueScreen that damaged a closed recently used and saved PSD file and restarted...: Hello, today I faced with the great issue that a recently used and saved! before being closed PSD file was damaged or altered. Of course it didn't look like a black square when I was working on it and even after I saved and closed that file so its definitely not a PS problem,...
  8. PSD file format support

PSD file format support: hi you know this file format PSD is very important for Photoshopers, so please support it. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/psd-file-format-support/bba472e1-0179-46f5-8d19-4a437cc8afc5
  9. Can't associate .ai file to Illustrator or .psd file to photoshop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't associate .ai file to Illustrator or .psd file to photoshop: I have tried everything to associate the .ai file to illustrator. All my .ai files are associated with Acrobat rt click - open with - choose another app - more apps - look for another app on the pc I navigate to Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator CC 2018/Support...
  10. .PSD preview icons in File Explorer

.PSD preview icons in File Explorer: I hope this is the right category to put this. So, anyway, when I have JPG, PNG, GIF images, i can see the preview image without having to actually open the file in a program. Well, with .PSD (photoshop), all i get is an icon with .PSD on it. Is there a way to tweak...