Windows 10: Saving resized photos

Discus and support Saving resized photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've downloaded photos from my camera using windows 10. When I zoom in and "save as" and then open them again they have reverted to their original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SueSwift1, Mar 23, 2020.

1. SueSwift1 Win User

Saving resized photos

I've downloaded photos from my camera using windows 10. When I zoom in and "save as" and then open them again they have reverted to their original size. How do I overcome this please?

:)

SueSwift1, Mar 23, 2020

2. resizing photos in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to use the Photo Gallery and check if you are able to resize the photos.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open Photo Gallery

• Navigate to the folder where the photos are.

• Select the photos

• Select the 'Edit' tab

• Select Resize

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 26, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    How to resize photo in Windows10?

Hi Man,

Please take note that Microsoft Picture Manager is not supported in Office 2013 or later. You can resize the photos in Windows 10 by editing them using Paint. To resize a photo in Paint, follow these steps:

• Right-click a photo, and then click Edit. The photo will open in Paint.
    • In Paint, click Resize.
    • Under Resize, you can choose if you want to resize the photo by Percentage or
      Pixel.
    • Once you've chosen how you will resize the photo, you can edit the values of
      Horizontal
      and Vertical. If you want to fully customize the size of the photo, you can uncheck the
      Maintain aspect ratio check box.
    • After customizing the values of Horizontal and Vertical, click
      OK.
    • Click the floppy disk icon on the upper left part of Paint to save the changes.

Another way to edit a photo in Paint is by using the Select tool. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open a photo using paint,
    • In Paint, adjust the canvas of your picture to the size you want. You can adjust the canvass by clicking and dragging on the small box around the picture.
    • Once you've adjusted you canvass, click the Select tool.
    • Select the whole image. Make sure that you exactly select the image.
    • After selecting the image, click and drag the small box around the picture to resize it. Make sure that size the canvass and the image is the same.
    • After editing the size of the picture or image, click the floppy disk icon on the upper left part of Paint to save the changes.

Should you need further assistance, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, May 26, 2020
  4. Saving resized photos

photo resize

Hi,

For us to narrow down your concern with resizing photo, we would like to know the following:

• When resizing your photo, what app are you using?
    • When you say "the default apps/programs don't allow it", can you tell us what is happening?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Saving resized photos

1. Saving resized photos - Similar Threads - Saving resized photos

2. Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques: Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques that are used to compress and resizing image to complete task is php https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-resizing-and-compressing-techniques/464270d7-71a2-4141-ab44-aee53e1ceaed
  3. Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques: Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques that are used to compress and resizing image to complete task is php https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-resizing-and-compressing-techniques/464270d7-71a2-4141-ab44-aee53e1ceaed
  4. Photo Resizing and Compressing Techniques

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't resize Save As window

Can't resize Save As window: I'm using Windows 10. Somehow, my Save As panel has become maximized, and I can't figure out how to minimize it again this happens, for example, when I'm using Gmail and trying to save a file. It takes up the whole screen, so I can't see the name I'm trying to use to name...
  6. Multiple photo resize problem

Multiple photo resize problem: I'm wanting to resize all my photos. I send the file to e-mail recipient and resize, I use the %temp% method, the temp file will open, show the pics and then pics disappear before I have an opportunity to copy and paste in a new folder. I'm lost, any suggestions??...
  7. Resize 10,000 photos at once?

in Windows 10 Support
    Resize 10,000 photos at once?: I want to resize all my photos which are in about 300 folders, I've done it before but forgot so can anyone refresh my memory? 139677
  8. Resizing photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resizing photos: Our small business depends upon us sending multiple photos to clients, sometimes as many as 20 photos. The files are too big to put in one email without resizing them. Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I am unable to find a way to resize multiple pictures. I...
  9. Resizing photos

Resizing photos: I used to use Microsoft photos to resize pictures for email. That option went away with my Windows 10 upgrade. I then used the Paint program for this same function. Now I find that Paint does not allow me to do this either. How do I now resize photos for emailing?...
  10. Save Dialog Resize Problem

Save Dialog Resize Problem: So, recently while using Photoshop CS6 I ran into a problem with the save dialog window. When it opens, it is almost maximized and cannot be resized. I have tried everything. Double clicking the title bar, right click upper left corner (restore is greyed out), dragging from...