Windows 10: Saving scaling profiles?

Discus and support Saving scaling profiles? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; (Windows 10 v2004) Hey compadres, I use my laptop with three displays (built-in QHD; external 4K monitor; 1080p TV), each of which requires a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Ander, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Ander Win User

Saving scaling profiles?

(Windows 10 v2004)

Hey compadres,
    I use my laptop with three displays (built-in QHD; external 4K monitor; 1080p TV), each of which requires a different scaling setting.

It gets tedjous (I love misspelling that word) having to do all this each time I switch displays:

1. R-click desktop > Display settings
    2. Advanced Scaling Settings
    3. [Enter scaling percentage] > Apply
    4. Log out
    5. Log back in
    In the grand scheme of things, this would probably be considered a first world-type problem. *092 But you guys are so sharp, I thought I'd ask: Is there an easier way? Like, maybe a way to save custom scaling profiles as shortcuts, something like that?

I realize I'd still need to log out 'n' in again to apply the change. Wouldn't it be great if Windows were smart enough to do that on the fly, though, like Linux would? Why do you think that's such a problem? That's a side question, though.

Another side question: When you preview a post here, why do a bunch of extra linebreaks then appear in your message in the editing area? Is that a bug, or is there some mysterious purpose for that? I've always wondered.

Okay, I'll stop being irrelevant. (I'll never get my wife to believe that, though.) Cheers!

:)

Ander, Jul 28, 2020

2. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 28, 2020
  3. How to save Custom scaling

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

• How did you set the custom scaling?
    To set the default settings, you may follow the steps suggested by
    loupgarous in the following thread and check if it helps.

Using Win 10 How do I reset default display settings

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you

Abdul_Malik, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Saving scaling profiles?

Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

We appreciate that you have checked your drivers and followed the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since the issue is still the same, this can be related to the new customer scaling settings that came with the Creator's Update. Can you follow the steps below
    so we can check it for you:

• Click on Start then Settings.
    • Choose System then Display.
    • Under Display, select Custom scaling and set it to 100%.

Update us on how it goes as we are eager to get this resolved for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Saving scaling profiles?

1. Saving scaling profiles? - Similar Threads - Saving scaling profiles

2. Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scaling: Are there any tips / tricks on how to correctly adjust the scaling? 14 inches. 2880x1800 I tried to use text magnification 125%, but not quite a panacea or something ... Somewhere soap, somewhere the text has increased, somewhere not, many sites are not displayed correctly,...
  3. MSFS 2020 not saving settings or profile hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS 2020 not saving settings or profile hours: hello, every time i close out of MSFS 2020 my joystick profile and all my settings revert back to default even though i save them with the f11 button i eve tried just clicking on the save with f11 and that seemed to work. when i close out of msfs 2020 and restart they revert...
  4. Help me save my user profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Help me save my user profile: Is there any Win 7/10 question that isn't answered here? And mostly, by Zeuz...I mean, Brink? *092 I've been working for weeks now to fix my user in win 10. Microsoft tried. They even gave me support money back since "It should have worked". Creds to them for that. I do...
  5. Saving audio profiles for different users on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Saving audio profiles for different users on PC: l mean this tool: [ATTACH] Problem is, devices what l choosed in current User Profile - chooses for entire machine (PC). Thus when PC starts use other person with it own profile and for example it prefer play sound from Speakers, this choose saves for everyone's else User...
  6. ICC profile wont save

in Windows 10 Support
    ICC profile wont save: Hey guys, everytime I try to use my ICC profile the display color changes for a second and reverts back to the default color. Im using the MAG27CQ from MSI and all the necessary settings to use own ICC profiles are set. My OS is Win 10 and I use DisplayPort. I also tried...
  7. Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE: Hi, When I try to do 'Save As' in Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134 Build 17134), I get a dialog box that is super sized. Not just the size of the box but the size of the text and the icons are twice the size of my resolution in the background as in below screen shot. How do I fix...
  8. Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix): Hi guys, We have a roaming profile that we use on multiple pc's however each pc has a different screen size. Some are 4k screens, some are projectors, some are double projectors also some are normal monitors. Each time we log onto a PC with the roaming profile, Windows 10...
  9. Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix)

Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix): Hi guys, We have a roaming profile that we use on multiple pc's however each pc has a different screen size. Some are 4k screens, some are projectors, some are double projectors also some are normal monitors. Each time we log onto a PC with the roaming profile, Windows 10...
  10. Saved Remote Desktop Profiles are missing.

Saved Remote Desktop Profiles are missing.: I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I was able to use CiscoConnect to connect to my workplace VPN but my Remote Desktop login information is missing. Is there a way to restore of find the IP, etc.? Thanks ~Tracy 24652