Windows 10: Saving screenshots in separate/different folders?

Discus and support Saving screenshots in separate/different folders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to save screenshots (win button + prt screen) in different folders? for example I want to take screenshots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by qwertymikey, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Saving screenshots in separate/different folders?

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to save screenshots (win button + prt screen) in different folders? for example I want to take screenshots related to topic X in folder X, and screenshots of topic Y in folder Y? and then general pictures in the regular screenshot folder. is this possible? I know moving screenshots might be easy but I want them to start with "screenshot 1" every time i create a new folder....

:)

qwertymikey, Feb 8, 2021

2. Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

For nearly 3 years, the PRT SC (print screen) button on my HP Envy laptop automatically saved screenshots in a folder called Screenshots. While I still have functionality of clicking PRT SC and can then paste the image by CTRL-V, the images are no longer
    automatically being saved in the Screenshots folder or any folder as far as I can tell. What changed and how can this be fixed? I use DropBox, not OneDrive, so please no suggestions re OneDrive. Thanks.

FrustratedNYC-IP-Lawyer, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

No, there is a separate "print screen" key and it has always (until now) when pushed, chimed gently and automatically saved the screen shot in the Screenshots folder. The location of the key next to a very small delete key (design flaw) frequently resulted
    in inadvertent screenshots. Thanks for looking into this.

FrustratedNYC-IP-Lawyer, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Ethan B. Win User

Saving screenshots in separate/different folders?

Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

It probably just would create a new Screenshots folder to replace the one you moved from the Pictures folder and save screenshots there, but the auto-saving function would work regardless.

If you're sure to move your screenshots to a different directory, what you can do is go to the Pictures folder then right-click that Screenshots folder, and hit Properties. Go to the Location tab, then once you know wherever you want to move your screenshots
    to, hit Move..., find the directory, navigate to where you want to put it, make a new folder if you wish, then left-click the folder once, and hit Select Folder.

Ethan B., Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Saving screenshots in separate/different folders?

1. Saving screenshots in separate/different folders? - Similar Threads - Saving screenshots separate

2. Screenshots not in screenshot folder anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshots not in screenshot folder anymore: I just realized how my screenshots aren't being saved in my screenshot folder anymore when I press Prt Scr. I don't have much more to say besides I just don't see the pictures in my folder anymore after I press that key. Thank you...
  3. screenshot not saving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screenshot not saving: When I touch the print screen button only it doesn't save. It only saves when I press the windows button + print screen button. How to fix that? submitted by /u/raven-perlas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5997u/screenshot_not_saving/
  4. My screenshots won't save in the folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My screenshots won't save in the folder.: Already thank you for the ones reading this. My computer has had some problems lately, like for example, saving screenshots. I can always use Control+V to paste it into a document, but the photo won't save. Thank you for reading, I hope someone can help me with this....
  5. Screenshots in Windows 10 not saving to screenshots folder since recent October? 2020 update

Screenshots in Windows 10 not saving to screenshots folder since recent October? 2020 update: Previously I could save a screenshot to the screenshots folder by either pressing a combination of power and volume up or down? buttons. I'd press the buttons, the screen would dim, and voila, the image would be saved in my screenshots folder. sometime not sure when this...
  6. Not able to save screenshots

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to save screenshots: Hello, For a while I have a weird issue with saving the screenshots. I get the animation (screen gets darker) but screenshots wont be saves in Pictures/Screenshots. I have checked the permissions, I also saw the fix with registry and adding the screenshotindex value and to...
  7. Where are screenshots saved?

Where are screenshots saved?: I know that I should press PrtSc to save a screenshot. But when I click on it, nothing happens. They might be saved somewhere or not.I don’t know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-screenshots-saved/6ed62a9d-ffdb-4ae4-893f-3605370194b8"
  8. Screenshots.... not being saved in usual folder anymore?

in Windows 10 Support
    Screenshots.... not being saved in usual folder anymore?: A while ago, after an update a month or so ago, I've discovered that the screenshots no longer save in the Pictures library folder. Where did they go, and why were they moved? 131419
  9. Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.

Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.: Hi all, When I set up my Surface Go, I signed in to OneDrive, as one does. However, I apparently made the mistake of checking the "Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive" box, and now they won't save anywhere else. I wanted to close down OneDrive, I feel...
  10. screenshot folder

screenshot folder: The screenshots folder disappeared and, although I manually created a new folder, the screenshots do not appear in it when I press the WIN+PrtScr buttons. It seems the PC IS taking the shots because the screen flashes, but the files are nowhere to be found....