Windows 10: Saving Search Breaks Search

Discus and support Saving Search Breaks Search in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is Win 10 question. Just recently saved searches on explorer for pdf filed result in an invalid directory error. Word files work OK. If I do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinW_942, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Saving Search Breaks Search

This is Win 10 question. Just recently saved searches on explorer for pdf filed result in an invalid directory error. Word files work OK. If I do a search from explorer for pdf it works. If I save and run again I get the error. I have tried saving it in different locations. Again this is only pdf files - Word files are fine.

:)

KevinW_942, Aug 15, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Search Question

I've done some searching on here over the years, and mostly been aggravated at the results. Case in point: 5 minutes ago I went to search for anyone having issues with 5.1 audio on Wolfenstein new order. So, I started simple with
    New Order
    . that didn't go well. So, I swapped to "New Order". That gave me this result

Search Results for Query: "new order"
    • The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: new
    Is there any way to change or improve our search engine? Or is there a better way to search for something like that?

Ahhzz, Aug 15, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Saving Search Breaks Search

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Saving Search Breaks Search

1. Saving Search Breaks Search - Similar Threads - Saving Search Breaks

2. Latest Windows update breaking search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows update breaking search bar?: Recently installed the latest windows update 23H2 and since then apart from opening the start menu having a few seconds of delay, the search bar seems to be completely broken. Whenever I click on the search function, it just completely closes the start menu and nothing else...
  3. Update breaks search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update breaks search: There are a series of updates that breaks the windows search on my PC. The one that I see that keeps causing the search to crash is KB5003637. I have tried a variety of methods to get it back working after it installs, but the only thing that has been working is removing the...
  4. KB5003637 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...

in Cortana
    KB5003637 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...: EDIT: I have narrowed it down to KB5003637 specifically, which came along with 21H1.This is a bug report. Since the "Feedback Hub" is broken as well, I can't submit it there so I'm doing it here. After the KB5003637 update, my taskbar is messed up and the search functionality...
  5. 21H1 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...

in Cortana
    21H1 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...: This is a bug report. Since the "Feedback Hub" is broken as well, I can't submit it there so I'm doing it here. After the 21H1 update, my taskbar is messed up and the search functionality accross the whole OS is broken. cannot search for files and folders anywhere, from the...
  6. Saved search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved search: Just did a fresh install of Win10 and updated. I can access files on all drives through windows search. If I save the search and try to access files in the results I get "the directory name is invalid". This affects all of my hard drives and network drives. Any ideas?...
  7. No option to save search entry?

in Cortana
    No option to save search entry?: Hope this is the right forum. It's a search question. New to Windows 10. Bottom left hand of screen is the search window that says Type Here to Search. When I enter what I want to search, and then click on what type of search I want, and then look at one of the results -...
  8. KB4517211 breaks cortana search box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4517211 breaks cortana search box: Hi, KB4517211 solved my issue causing the start menu into critical error. However it still does not allow using the "cortana search box", or searching for any app. Anyone else having the same issue? The problem mentioned here got fixed:...
  9. Search and Save Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Search and Save Problems: I'm not tech savvy nor do I pretend to understand much of the content in this forum; however, I'm trying really hard to like Windows 10 (Edge) and think I'm missing something. I came from Win7 and have spent the last three days using Windows 10. I do a lot of research and...
  10. Save a Search in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Save a Search in Windows 10: How to: Save a Search in Windows 10 How to Save a Search in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 offers you many ways to search for files on your PC. One way is using the Search Box in File Explorer to search only in the current folder, or search in the current...