Windows 10: saving space

Discus and support saving space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to save space on my c drive. I have a full 128gb SSD and a hard drive with available space. I want to know what's safe to move to hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KadenMacdougall, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:02 PM.

1. saving space

I need to save space on my c drive. I have a full 128gb SSD and a hard drive with available space. I want to know what's safe to move to hard drive from my SSD.

:)

KadenMacdougall, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:02 PM
  2. pepanee Win User

How To Remove Built-In Apps To Save Space

Thanks for the reply. Good methods. Do you suggest more methods to save hard drive space?

3. Anolin Win User
  4. saving space

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

Thema:

saving space

1. saving space - Similar Threads - saving space

2. Recovery taking space on 2 drives not just 1 chosen for saving backups

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery taking space on 2 drives not just 1 chosen for saving backups: Here is Image for Disk management : [ATTACH] Now from here you can see how system volume information is eating up space : [ATTACH] This show the back up is on Disk Recovery E : [ATTACH] Which is same size taken by Local Disk D This also show that i only...
  3. Windows 10 wont stop trying to compress files to "save disk space"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 wont stop trying to compress files to "save disk space": How can I make windows 10 stop compressing all my files on my c drive to "save space" I really don't care that i have 7 gb of space left since everything else is on other drives. Operating system needs to suck it up and get over it. I have had to compress my user folder and...
  4. compress content to save disk space suddenly set as default.

in Windows 10 Support
    compress content to save disk space suddenly set as default.: Hey! After a recent Windows 10 update to my PC, close to everything on my computer have two blue arrows icons on it, which is "compress content to save disk space" as far as I found out. I didn't even know this was a thing, but now it has been set as default on my computer! I...
  5. How do I remove windows 7 from my window 10 to save space for update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove windows 7 from my window 10 to save space for update?: How do I remove windows 7 from my window 10 to save space for update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-remove-windows-7-from-my-window-10-to/5d20d0ef-3554-4bc1-8cf7-b757e00e751e
  6. Remove Built-In Apps To Save Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Built-In Apps To Save Space: Hello, So I noticed that this folder: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps is 3.08 GB (3,318,742,747 bytes) big. There's a bunch of apps in here that I don't use. I read a few articles online that you can uninstall apps through Windows PowerShell, and I can figure out how to do...
  7. How To Remove Built-In Apps To Save Space

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Remove Built-In Apps To Save Space: Hello, So I noticed that this folder: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps is 3.08 GB (3,318,742,747 bytes) big. There's a bunch of apps in here that I don't use. I read a few articles online that you can uninstall apps through Windows PowerShell, and I can figure out how to do...
  8. Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016: I am attempting to reduce the space and move caches on both a Windows Pro machine and a Windows Server 2016. These are 2 virtual machines running on VMware ESXi. I currently use a backup solution called VerticalBackup which is brilliant and its an incremental backup....
  9. Properties: Compress to save Disk Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Properties: Compress to save Disk Space: If I enable Compress to Save Disk Space from a file's properties, what is the trade-off? How significant is the HDD/CPU uncompression process (assuming that's how windows does it) 85759
  10. Clean File Repository - Save Valuable Disk Space With This Trick

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Clean File Repository - Save Valuable Disk Space With This Trick: *This trick/tutorial is only viable for those who had their system setups for a while and had been constantly updating their drivers to the latest. So while I was lately focused on fixing a crash caused by windows update service attempting to force update my graphics...