Windows 10: Saving this from the web

Discus and support Saving this from the web in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It seems when I save pictures, articles, clips, whatever when browsing the Internet, Windows 10 always wants to place the saved item in a folder under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Philip Gross, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Saving this from the web

It seems when I save pictures, articles, clips, whatever when browsing the Internet, Windows 10 always wants to place the saved item in a folder under OneDrive. I am always re-directing the save action to a folder under "My PC". How can I change this apparent default save action so all such saves go to the appropriate My PC folder?

:)

Philip Gross, Mar 27, 2019

2. web pg saving

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if webpage is not saved properly.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "1 suggestion was ctrl s the n ctrl a", how exactly have you tried to used the keyboard command for saving the webpages?

I suggest you to follow the steps to save the webpage on the computer and check if it helps.

1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Right click on the webpage link and then click on Save target as
    and then save the webpage.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Opening web pages in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Which web browser are you using?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Open the Web page.
    • Click on Gear icon at the top right corner.
    • Click on File and select Save as
    • You can save in different format.
    • Open file Explorer select and right click on web page which is saved in File Explorer.
    • Select open with and Select WordPad or notepad.
    • There you will be able to Edit .

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Saving this from the web

web pg saving

the command " save target as " does not appear anywhere on my screen

I get very very slow page movement nd a whirring icon on screen

I think it might be good idea to uninstall and rinstall eplorer .. I also run google chrome on my pc , could this be a problem if explorer is reinstalled ? altern . explanation is poor broadband connexion but service proveder have told me that signal is
    good.

**** w do I reinstatall expl. please ? thanks , Edward.

edoloughlin, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Saving this from the web

1. Saving this from the web - Similar Threads - Saving web

2. W11Ent_X64 no longer auto-renaming saved from the web files with same name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11Ent_X64 no longer auto-renaming saved from the web files with same name.: Hail all:Yet ANOTHER issue, which I have been unsuccessfully hunting to find a solution for, for LONG time.W11Ent_x64 V22h2 Build 2261.3007Fully up-to-date.When saving pictures from the web with the same name, these no longer get auto-renamed with a sequential number.It USED...
  3. W11Ent_X64 no longer auto-renaming saved from the web files with same name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11Ent_X64 no longer auto-renaming saved from the web files with same name.: Hail all:Yet ANOTHER issue, which I have been unsuccessfully hunting to find a solution for, for LONG time.W11Ent_x64 V22h2 Build 2261.3007Fully up-to-date.When saving pictures from the web with the same name, these no longer get auto-renamed with a sequential number.It USED...
  4. Cant save a pdf version of a web page using the print command. The error message pops up...

Cant save a pdf version of a web page using the print command. The error message pops up...: Cant save a pdf version of a web page using the print command. The error message pops up "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file"....
  5. Cant save a pdf version of a web page using the print command. The error message pops up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant save a pdf version of a web page using the print command. The error message pops up...: Cant save a pdf version of a web page using the print command. The error message pops up "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file"....
  6. Cant save a pdf version of a web page using the print command. The error message pops up...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name As Prefix In Address Bar Window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name As Prefix In Address Bar Window: Lately, after saving a web page to my directory, when I open the saved page, it included the folder name it was saved in. The opened page would show some of it's contents, for not a functional web page. On this forum, went to the Support sections and saved it to the folder...
  8. Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name As Prefix In Address Bar Window

Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name As Prefix In Address Bar Window: Lately, after saving a web page to my directory, when I open the saved page, it included the folder name it was saved in. The opened page would show some of it's contents, for not a functional web page. On this forum, went to the Support sections and saved it to the folder...
  9. Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name As Prefix In Address Bar Window

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name Where It Was Saved Into

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name Where It Was Saved Into: Windows 10, Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965Lately, after saving a web page to my directory, when I open the saved page, it included the folder name it was saved in. The opened page would show some of it's contents, for not a functional web page.On this forum, went to the...