Windows 10: Saving to PDF function on Windows 10

Discus and support Saving to PDF function on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to save over 400 separate files using the save to pdf function in Windows 10. When I do this there is no automatic or suggested filename, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidCairns1, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Saving to PDF function on Windows 10

I need to save over 400 separate files using the save to pdf function in Windows 10. When I do this there is no automatic or suggested filename, the save as box is blank and I need to type in a name manually. Is there any way windows will give it the default name of the document I am trying to save?

:)

DavidCairns1, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Saving to PDF function on Windows 10

microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Saving to PDF function on Windows 10

1. Saving to PDF function on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Saving PDF function

2. Saving to pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving to pdf: Just recently when saving a document as a pdf from the web it is being saved a a type 2023 file. How can I stop this from happening? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-to-pdf/012d57de-07f8-4aff-8736-1804e73d88c5
  3. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working: "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not workingWhen I select "microsoft print to pdf" or "save as pdf" from various applications, that application hangs up and has to be aborted....
  4. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working: "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not workingWhen I select "microsoft print to pdf" or "save as pdf" from various applications, that application hangs up and has to be aborted....
  5. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

6. Save to .pdf

Save to .pdf: Windows print to PDF is creating an MS Dos Application instead of a PDF....Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-pdf/da5f501b-940a-4ad1-a3fa-be4b9995d88e
  7. Saving a PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF: All of a sudden I am unable to save a pdf to my hard drive. I click on Save As and a blank window opens, but that's it. Nothing happens. I went ahead and re-downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader, but that hasn't helped. I suspect the problem has something to do with Microsoft...
  8. Saving a PDF

Saving a PDF: All of a sudden I am unable to save a pdf to my hard drive. I click on Save As and a blank window opens, but that's it. Nothing happens. I went ahead and re-downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader, but that hasn't helped. I suspect the problem has something to do with Microsoft...
  9. Saving As A .pdf ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving As A .pdf ?: Hello, I open up a web link that is a multi page document (an instruction manual). I then want to save it as a .pdf. Can't figure out how to. I assume I use Adobe Acrobat to do so, but am not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob 179792
  10. Saving to PDF function on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving to PDF function on Windows 10: I need to save over 400 separate files using the save to pdf function in Windows 10. When I do this there is no automatic or suggested filename, the save as box is blank and I need to type in a name manually. Is there any way windows will give it the default name of the...