Windows 10: saving to Windows\...\hosts

Discus and support saving to Windows\...\hosts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to save to "hosts" ? I am the adm. of this computer. I have checked and changed the "host" file read only box and I still can not save the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by flaviocantinho, Sep 23, 2018.

1. saving to Windows\...\hosts

How to save to "hosts" ?

I am the adm. of this computer.

I have checked and changed the "host" file read only box and I still can not save the changes made in "note book" to the "host file.

What am I doing wrong?

:)

flaviocantinho, Sep 23, 2018

2. Windows Script Host

Hi Tiara,

The message "Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details" is usually occurring if a program that does not require the feature of Windows Script Host is running on a Windows PC. For us to provide an accurate
    solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Does the message appear when you are launching a specific application?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    in this thread.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 23, 2018
  3. phrab Win User
    Modify & save hosts file

I have 2 machines: Win10 & WinXP. For some reason, my hosts file on my Win10 machine listed Windows 10 Help Forums as 127.0.0.1. I don't know how this happened & I have not been able to delete that entry & save the hosts file in Windows/Drivers/etc.

How can I give myself (the administrator) permission to access the file & to save it in the etc. folder?
    Is there a utility that will give me control over the hosts file?

Thank you in advance!

phrab, Sep 23, 2018
  4. saving to Windows\...\hosts

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

saving to Windows\...\hosts

1. saving to Windows\...\hosts - Similar Threads - saving hosts

2. How do I fix "Save As Not Responding and Freezing Program" - File Picker UI Host Culprit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix "Save As Not Responding and Freezing Program" - File Picker UI Host Culprit?: I was reviewing photos on an SD card and tried to save a photo to a folder. The 'Save As' window came up but wouldn't let me type in the name I wanted to save the photo under. The cursor was stuck in a spinning blue wheel and the 'Save As' title had Not Responding after it. I...
  3. How do I fix "Save As Not Responding and Freezing Program" - File Picker UI Host Culprit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "Save As Not Responding and Freezing Program" - File Picker UI Host Culprit?: I was reviewing photos on an SD card and tried to save a photo to a folder. The 'Save As' window came up but wouldn't let me type in the name I wanted to save the photo under. The cursor was stuck in a spinning blue wheel and the 'Save As' title had Not Responding after it. I...
  4. File Picker UI host keeps crashing ''Save As''?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Picker UI host keeps crashing ''Save As''?: I use the Snipping Tool / Fireshot another screenshot tool a lot. I've been unable to save anything I screenshot using these two tools, because the ''Save As'' screen keeps crashing. When I try to close the Save As window, it tells me that the ''File Picker UI host'' is not...
  5. File Picker UI host keeps crashing ''Save As''?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Picker UI host keeps crashing ''Save As''?: I use the Snipping Tool / Fireshot another screenshot tool a lot. I've been unable to save anything I screenshot using these two tools, because the ''Save As'' screen keeps crashing. When I try to close the Save As window, it tells me that the ''File Picker UI host'' is not...
  6. File Picker UI host keeps crashing ''Save As''?

7. Cannot save 'hosts' file as it says I do not have permission but I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot save 'hosts' file as it says I do not have permission but I'm an administrator: I have followed the directions in this thread to change permissions for the 'etc' folder and the 'hosts' file:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-you-dont-have-permission-to-save-in/ddf7d6c8-d4f9-4e49-92cb-7b3c9ea90a26Yet it still will not allow...
  8. Cannot save 'hosts' file as it says I do not have permission but I'm an administrator

Cannot save 'hosts' file as it says I do not have permission but I'm an administrator: I have followed the directions in this thread to change permissions for the 'etc' folder and the 'hosts' file:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-you-dont-have-permission-to-save-in/ddf7d6c8-d4f9-4e49-92cb-7b3c9ea90a26Yet it still will not allow...
  9. Cannot save file host

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save file host: I open file host by "run as administrator" then I add some lines to block ads on viber desktop or to get access to some web sites which have been blocked on my machine....when I save it will give this [img] and if I click yes, it will give this [img] Even I open file host...
  10. Cannot modify/save hosts file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot modify/save hosts file: I give up. I have tried everything. I set all the permissions to "Allow" and I don't even remember the default settings of that. I have tried taking ownership of the file. I have tried saving it on my desktop with a different name and copying it back into the etc folder...