Windows 10: Saving Web Mail From Outlook.com to My Local Computer

Discus and support Saving Web Mail From Outlook.com to My Local Computer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there, anyway, to, possibly save web mail from Outlook.com to my computer?? I see no options anywhere to Save As in Outlook.com Any help will be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JamesJoey, Nov 4, 2015.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Saving Web Mail From Outlook.com to My Local Computer

Is there, anyway, to, possibly save web mail from Outlook.com to my computer??
    I see no options anywhere to Save As in Outlook.com

Any help will be appreciated,
    James

:)

JamesJoey, Nov 4, 2015
  2. RandyCO Win User

Windows 10 Mail App not syncing multiple folders automatically

I am having the same issue.

I use Windows Live Mail from my desktop, but I use Outlook.com all day from my work computer. I can also access my emails using Outlook.com from a place where I volunteer on Saturdays using their computers.

My emails are NOT saved locally because I can see the emails from any computer using Outlook.com.

I have around 50 folders and hundreds of emails that I can access fro Outlook.com.

For example, I have a [Books] folder that contains 5 emails.

I got the email saying I needed to switch from Windows Live Mail to using the Mail app in Windows 10. I opened the Mail app and setup my email account. I then let it sit for hours thinking that might help.

Under Folders I see my [Books] folder, but NO emails.

I clicked the [Sync this view] button and it comes back with "We didn't find anything to show here.".

Outlook.com has no problem seeing all my Folders and emails.

The Mail app found the Folder, but cannot find any emails in that Folder.

RandyCO, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Unable to sync folders from Outlook.com to Windows Mail app on Windows 10

Hello Microsoft

Having upgraded to Windows 10 my mail app (called Hotmail Mail) does not mirror image Outlook.com web mail.

It is therefore not possible to create folders from the Mail app.

For some reason my account is called “Local” Administrator, so is this the reason, even though I have a Microsoft Account Login e mail(Hotmail) and password.

Having read your message regarding WLM 2012 it is important for me to have my folders to view on my laptop without having to go to the web page Outlook.com.

Your help would be appreciated

Regards

Robin Grimmett

Original title: Windows 10 Mail App

robin hood 1, Nov 4, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Hello James, you will need an email client to save the email. There are free ones out there such as Thunderbird. I know others have been mentioned here, so someone may post other alternatives soon. I know Gmail used to have an offline option. You could add your outlook mail to it and save it.

Dude, Nov 4, 2015
  5. Dude Win User
  6. meebers Win User
    Crude maybe, but forward the webmail you want to an .outlook account. Once there, cut and paste to desired folder.

meebers, Nov 4, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    Using an email client is the best way to go. I use Windows Live Mail.
    However if for whatever reason you decline to use that option, here is another really "crude" option......
    Open your outlook.com > click at one (just one) email > at the ribbon, there is a 3 dots icon ( ... ) , click it > click Print >
    at the print window, move the slider to reveal Select Printer options > select Microsoft Print to PDF >click Print.
    You have a PDF in your Documents folder.

Saving Web Mail From Outlook.com to My Local Computer [​IMG]

Saving Web Mail From Outlook.com to My Local Computer [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 4, 2015
  8. JamesJoey Win User

I'm currently using Thunderbird.
    So, apparently no web mail has the ability to do this.

Thanks,
    James

JamesJoey, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Saving Web Mail From Outlook.com to My Local Computer - Similar Threads - Saving Web Mail

2. Saving e-mails locally on Outlook pre-realease.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving e-mails locally on Outlook pre-realease.: Hi,I recently tried Outlook pre-release and I must admit that I enjoy the new design and would like to be able to use it as my main e-mail client.Sadly, I had to revert back to the standard Outlook since it seems impossible to save e-mails locally on your computer. I keep...
  3. Saving e-mails locally on Outlook pre-realease.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving e-mails locally on Outlook pre-realease.: Hi,I recently tried Outlook pre-release and I must admit that I enjoy the new design and would like to be able to use it as my main e-mail client.Sadly, I had to revert back to the standard Outlook since it seems impossible to save e-mails locally on your computer. I keep...
  4. Exclude web from local searches?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exclude web from local searches?: When I search for "sourdough" in the lower left field next to the Windows button, I'm hoping to get results of documents or images with the keyword "sourdough" in the title or contents. Instead, most of the results are web pages about sourdough. Can I configure the Windows...
  5. Outlook _ need to remove :Saved" from my outlook mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook _ need to remove :Saved" from my outlook mail: [ATTACH] I need to remove "Saved" since I had created other Saved just below to accommodate my emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-need-to-remove-saved-from-my-outlook-mail/8b4512c2-3c06-4a59-a405-18915b4d1ffd
  6. How to delete contacts from windows 10, Outlook or Spectrum web mail?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete contacts from windows 10, Outlook or Spectrum web mail?: How to delete contacts from windows 10, Outlook or Spectrum web mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-contacts-from-windows-10-outlook-or/703adeba-1783-435a-985b-3be7954fd822
  7. Saving this from the web

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving this from the web: It seems when I save pictures, articles, clips, whatever when browsing the Internet, Windows 10 always wants to place the saved item in a folder under OneDrive. I am always re-directing the save action to a folder under "My PC". How can I change this apparent default save...
  8. outlook for my mail

outlook for my mail: my mail says I need to fix it so I depress fix it-it fixes itself,apparently-then 15 secs later it says it needs fixing again and around in circles we go-any ideas folks? thanks garyt...
  9. Prevent saving to local computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent saving to local computer: On a computer with a admin account and a user account is there any way to prevent the user account from saving to the computer (the idea being that they have to save to a USB)....
  10. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...